Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Taste the Cherries and Look at the Flowers Hair Gloss

Be not sorrowful: snow-touched cherries dusted with sweet, spicy blooms.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Original Thoughts: Sweet, spicy blooms to me mean carnation. Snow can be good. I'm not sure about cherries, but thought it was worth a shot.

In the Bottle: Very strongly cherry - it dances between cough-drop and candy. It's also definitely sweet and floral. The snow is just the faintest impression of cold.

Applying: There's a blast of the almost-medicinal cherry as I'm applying it to wet hair.

Drying: I can't think of any other way to describe it, but it's like the snow note greys out the cherry, muting it a lot. I know that doesn't sound appealing, but it's not a bad thing. And pretty quickly the carnation takes hold.

Wearing: The end result for me is a carnation HG with a tinge of cherry that is no longer so sweet that it's cloying or medicinal. Not as powerful a throw as some other HGs I've used.

Verdict: Based on the sniff from the bottle, I'd suggest cherry-lovers consider grabbing this one. ETA: If you love cherry and carnation, definitely check this out.

Edited by puck_nc

Taste the Cherries and Look at the Flowers is like a breath of spring—agree that this smells like carnation, but I'm getting a very light kiss of cherry even freshly applied out of the bottle. There's an even lighter touch of the snow note, which I'm happy about. Once this dries, this smells almost like carnations and linens and the barest bit of cherry in my hair. I suppose that sounds weird, but it smells good, like cherry blossoms, and laundry drying in the spring wind, and carnations. It doesn't have a ton of throw in my hair, which will make this great for wearing to work.

In the bottle - very sweet cherries! I don't get cough drop cherry out of this, but it is very cherry for sure.

In hair - applying it. the cherry note was very strong, but that quickly lightened up. The carnation note is starting to appear as well. I am not a fan of florals, so I am hoping it won't be ALL carnation.

So, after a few minutes, this is a very nice Spring-type HG. The cherry is there and not going plastic on me like most berry notes can in perfume oil form. There is a teeny bit of spice that is there, but can't tell if it's the cherry just mingling with the carnation causing that or if there is a hidden spice note there. :)

I am also not sure if I am getting any "snow" note, but there is something making it not too overpowering. I am on the fence with this one... I like it, but then I am not sure it is for me. VERY pretty indeed, but I am more of a sweet, gourmand foody lover and this is hovering between sweet and floral. It is perfectly balanced which is making it hard to decide if I like it!! :) If you love soft florals and some cherry, then this is so for you!!!

Edited by Numanoid

First spritz - I agree you get very strong cherry up front that is dancing on the edge of cough syrup/medicinal, but dials back quickly. The carnation is very much up front, and I was hoping that "spicy florals" meant carnation. The cherry does soften up as it dries (tested on dry hair), and the snow, I never get a good impression of. It's like it's almost there when it's fresh, but it disappears quickly. I would have liked a bit more balance so the snow showed up better - but overall it's a gorgeous light cherry but more floral carnation hair gloss - which is right up my alley!

Mmmm!! Cherry candies and carnations! This is awesome. A must try if you love fruity-florals, carnations, or cherries. I love the combo of the sweet/tart cherry (which is not a fresh cherry note to my nose, it is more like a cherry candy) and the spicy floral. This is lovely, and doesn't turn to cough syrup on my hair, as it likely would on my skin. Finally I get to wear something with cherry!! And it's not totally dominated by carnation (I amp it to high heaven on my skin). I did think there might be a snow note to this, but if there is I can't detect it. I will wear this a lot in spring and summer.

I put a bit on my skin as my hair doesn't do well with oils/glosses. That said...

CHERRIES out of the gate! Like a cherry starbust! Then it starts to mix with something floral-y that I would believe included carnations, although it didn't smell totally carnation-y to me?

After a few moments the cherry is gone completely (sadness) but I have this nice 'clean' floral? That's the only way I can think to word it as it's not floral alone. It's not soapy, even, not really, just 'clean' I guess. Don't laugh, but I almost want to say I smell rose too, but that may be something else I tried leaking into the smell. (I'd almost swear though..)

It's nice!! Kind of surprising me that I like it, since it's not especially my thing but. Like Little Fairy Tales of History, it'd be good to wear on days I want something light and a bit pretty without screaming FEMININE. Def a decant or a partial; I kind of really dig it.

I don't usually like florals or cherry, but I loved the cherry note in Zombie Moon. On my skin I cannot wear carnation as it is so headache inducing, but I was hoping the carnation in this might work.

After using this 2-3 times a week for over a month I am just now noticing the cherry coming out in this. It's like 99% dusky floral. Like a pile of garden flowers covered with dry snow. This isn't the sweet vanilla snow note, it's very dry and powdery. The cherry is so faint to me, but it doesn't seem like the same cherry from Zombie Moon, it's more like cherry syrup.

To me this is a very feminine adult powdery floral, with a tiny hint of syrupy sweetness that fades in and out. Very lovely and traditional, but not really my thing.

Sweet cherries, touch of snow and a bit of carnation. In general though it was snowy cherries. Nice, sweet, but I didn't get much throw from this.

I got cherry top notes and hairspray. I didn't get any flowers, which is a shame because I'm such a fresh floral person. I asked my son if he thought it smelled like hair spray to him but he didn't know what hair spray smelled like(the drawback of living in a household of all men) but he said it didn't smell good.

This is so beautiful...I want to make the whole world smell like this...

It's so fresh, but sweet at the same time. The cherry note is very sweet, and the flowers are so lush. It's perfect.

On dry hair: very bitter cherry and "hair product" scent, very long wear length, strong sillage.

On wet hair: opens with bitter cherry but no "hair product" effect. Sweet flowers take over gradually. Very long wear length but low throw, much subtler overall.

I can definitely see why this smells like hairspray / hair product to most people. It's a very well-blended, sweet fruity-floral scent with low sillage that comes off as modern, feminine, and young (without being childish). I actually like that it doesn't project far, since that means it doesn't clash with my perfume as much. I haven't tried a lot of hair glosses, but this has been my favorite so far - but then, I go nuts for carnation in general, and that is definitely the strongest note in this. The cherry is not actually super pronounced for me, but lends a vague sweet fruit aspect.