Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

No One Heard Her Except the Sparrows Atmosphere Spray

A song of meagre comfort, lilting in the wind: orris root, white sandalwood, grey amber, and soft white chocolate.

I really like this one!

From the sprayer and spritzer it's a very buttery chocolate. I get actually a bit more milk chocolate, but not sure if it's because of the slight smoky sandalwood. I get a chocolatey violet, like a fine French confection. Sprayed in the air it definitely is a blast of foody, buttery vanilla-chocolate, with a dusty but violet/orris powderiness. I think there's definitely a bit of grounding from the sandalwood but by no means is it a very powerful woodsiness. The amber probably makes this glitter a bit, but I recall the grey amber being uber-smooth, and not terribly sweet. This reads as a slightly floral gourmand, in the violet-chocolate family. I kind of love it.

Backups, plox.

This one is amazing.. we got mostly a gorgeous rich sandalwood, sweetened with white chocolate and just a little bit dusty/powdery. Slightly more sophisticated with the orris, but I didn't find it very floral. It reminds me a lot of The First Love Fades Too - similar feel but with white chocolate instead of lavender.

Yes, this is beautiful. No One Heard Her Except the Sparrows is like a fancy white chocolate, the kind that's been melded with other notes so that the chocolate manages to be both central and incidental. The orris, white sandalwood, and grey amber provide a very gentle, subtle, and elegant pushback against the chocolate. The orris is absolutely gorgeous here—I don't think I've ever enjoyed this note as much as I do in this blend.

I sprayed my hallway, and as the scent expanded, it reminded me a lot of Lush's Skinny Dip! Not sure how that's possible, but it does, and it's making me very happy.

This is strong but soft orris against delicious white chocolate. I am not sure I am getting the other notes, but the whole scent feels very soft and rounded, so that could definitely be the sandalwood in the background.

I really like it!

White chocolate, amber and a touch of sandalwood. This one is a nice chocolately blend, definitely white chocolate with a perfumey edge.

Soft, delicate, chocolate.

This reminds me of Britney Spears' "The Naughty Remix" perfume (I know it's a horrible name, but it's actually one of my favorite fragrances). It has the same creamy, cool, sweet, realistic white chocolate and magical, powdery orris. Like eating chocolate in a cool summer garden full of white moonflowers. The orris and sandalwood add a creamy, powdery, warmer base, but this is a big blast of realistic, creamy, gorgeous white chocolate.
I like this a bit more as a personal scent than a room scent, but luckily I have The Naughty Remix for that, lol. It still makes for a sweet, yet glamorous smelling room fragrance.

I love the lab's white chocolates (White Chocolate & Strawberry still being my #1 after all these years) and this is another love.

for the most part i avoid foody scents but i enjoy bpal's white chocolate note a lot. i knew it'd be really good with these notes and it doesn't disappoint! i really love the combo of all the notes, the chocolate is stronger at first with the other notes backing it up, and those notes are just a soft creamy melange supporting the chocolate. i find this one really comforting yet sophisticated. definitely in the same zone as the first love fades too, which is one of my favorite atmos ever. so glad i got a bottle recently on etsy :) 

Generally, I am not an atmo fan, but I had a tester like this and like it so much that I just had to get a full bottle on ETSY.  Funnily enough, I don't love this for the chocolate, as others have mentioned, but rather because it smells like what I imagine a sparrow to smell like.  The orris and sandalwood are stunning.  

I thought this would be worth a try since it wouldn't be going on my skin and there's white chocolate in here that could temper the orris.

But the white chocolate did not keep it in check. It was mostly a powdery orris party to me with hints of the sandalwood and white chocolate. I sadly did not get any of the grey amber, but maybe it was just buried beneath the orris. I ended up having to throw out the paper towel I tested this on because the orris was so strong that it was giving me a headache.

Definitely one for orris lovers.