Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
puck_nc

Titan Toadstools and Leprous Fire Nail Polish

Fainting and gasping, I looked at that unhallowed Erebus of titan toadstools, leprous fire, and slimy water, and saw the cloaked throngs forming a semicircle around the blazing pillar. It was the Yule-rite, older than man and fated to survive him; the primal rite of the solstice and of spring's promise beyond the snows; the rite of fire and evergreen, light and music. And in the Stygian grotto I saw them do the rite, and adore the sick pillar of flame, and throw into the water handfuls gouged out of the viscous vegetation which glittered green in the chlorotic glare. I saw this, and I saw something amorphously squatted far away from the light, piping noisomely on a flute; and as the thing piped I thought I heard noxious muffled flutterings in the foetid darkness where I could not see. But what frightened me most was that flaming column; spouting volcanically from depths profound and inconceivable, casting no shadows as healthy flame should, and coating the nitrous stone above with a nasty, venomous verdigris. For in all that seething combustion no warmth lay, but only the clamminess of death and corruption.

Lacquer the color of viscous vegetation glittering green in a chlorotic glare - with added shimmer!

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I don't have any greens in my polish collection. This seemed to be awfully pale in the picture on the website, but I tossed it in the basket anyway.

In the bottle: A very pale shimmery green - a touch streaky in the bottle.

One coat: Well, this is not what I expected. It's like Fascination or Dream Awake - liquid shimmery glitter - but in a midrange shade of green. Not too dark, not too light. If a Christmas tree were turned into pure glitter, this would be it. A practiced hand might get full coverage with one coat.

Two coats: Definitely enough for full coverage. It's also smooth enough that you don't necessarily need a top coat.

36059_900.jpg

Verdict: This is probably the unexpected surprise hit of the order. Think I'm going to keep it.

I love this polish - I knew I would the moment I saw it. It is the Christmas green I have been waiting for. Super shiny, and application was so easy. It also lasted 3 days with no chipping and very little wear away at the tips. A complete win. Thank you so much, Puddin and goblins!

This is three days in:

23331878973_69dd9f4e67_m.jpg20151224_095441 by psukeksc, on Flickr

Edited by Psuke

To me, Titan Toadstools is a cross between silvery minty green or silvery sea foam green. The silvery shimmery on this is OFF THE HOOK. It's almost blinding.

The formula is awesome. And the color is gorgeous. I would actually consider it a Spring-like color.

LOVE IT.

I got this as a forum purchase. It's a one-coat-wonder. Shiny & fun! The green is on the blue-er end of the scale, & it goes with a surprisingly large number of things in my wardrobe. 100% win, glad I own it!