Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ShowOrchid

Eldritch Drunken Constellations Nail Polish

We went out into the moonless and tortuous network of that incredibly ancient town; went out as the lights in the curtained windows disappeared one by one, and the Dog Star leered at the throng of cowled, cloaked figures that poured silently from every doorway and formed monstrous processions up this street and that, past the creaking signs and antediluvian gables, the thatched roofs and diamond-paned windows; threading precipitous lanes where decaying houses overlapped and crumbled together, gliding across open courts and churchyards where the bobbing lanthorns made eldritch drunken constellations.

Night-sky blue microshimmer scattered with iridescent, hypnotic stars.

This is like the night sky captured in a bottle that I almost didn't pick up until I saw someone else swatch it. It was a two-three coater for me, formula was a bit on the thick side, but I think I can add some thinner for it for it to move better. It's not holographic shimmer, but the effect is beautiful. A winner for me.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I'm always looking for pretty blue polishes.

In the bottle: I've heard of the phrase l'heure bleue to describe a certain shade of the evening sky (and it happens to also be a famous perfume). This looks to me like l'heure bleue full of twinkling rainbow glitter stars.

One coat: This is more electric blue on my nails than I was expecting. It's opaque blue and glittery.

Two coats: It retains that electric-blue tint but does go richer and darker than at first. It looks much darker in the photo than it does in person. It doesn't have to have a top coat - nowhere near the thickness of glitter like in Nuclear Winter or Stardust - but it helps add a bit of shine.

35061_900.jpg

Verdict: Not sure. It's not the shade of blue I was expecting from the bottle, but it's very pretty.

Oh god, this is beautiful. It's like a more cobalt blue Temple of Dreams went to a psychodelic ABBA party.

After two coats, this is a dark cobalt blue jelly with a bajillion colored glitter sprinkles in pink, green, aqua, silver. In some ways, its the blue equivalent of the glittery orange Pumpkin Spice Everything from the Weenie line.

It's amazing, and I love it.

My bottle of EDS is a jellyish (semi-translucent, vs. a totally opaque creme) marine blue base absolutely full of chunky holo sparkle. Rainbow shimmer everywhere, with a lot of depth from the jelly base. It twinkles.

The formula was very thick, usable, but would be improved with a little thinner. It dried extremely quickly, and semi-matte. You'd definitely want a topcoat to bring out the full shiny. I used three coats -- first coat was electric blue and streaky, the second was reasonably full-coverage but not quite the color of the bottle, but the third was perfect. It's a bit more green-tinted in person than this image -- it was taken with my phone, so color accuracy isn't 100% perfect -- but overall absolutely gorgeous.

Seriously, though, it was touchably dry, even with three coats, after about two minutes, I was stunned. I was expecting to need my hardcore fast dry topcoat, but instead I just used one of my usual ones. A half-hour later, if I press really hard I can dent it slightly with a nail, but I'm not worried about waking up with sheet marks.

12729602_1707478902865433_1482692893_n.j