Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
annemathematics

best bpals to wear when it rains

this topic came up in a thread under chatter. what do you wear when it rains out.

feel free to share your favorite rainy day bpal scents here!

we don't get too much rain where I live, but we got a little bit today. it was warm and drizzly, and the sweet and cozy patch from So Below smells just perfect in this weather.

This is a BPTP rec, but lately for me, Muddy Puddles has been my favourite scent on a rainy day. :wub2:

Where I live, we don't get a lot of snow/ice in the winter, so I would adore recs for cold, rain days. I do tend to wear Yules through Valentine's Day, btw.

In the fall, I love Bat-Woman on a rainy day. It sets this lovely mournful/romantic floral backdrop to the swirling wind, fresh earth, and still warm rain.

Otherwise for cold cold rainy days I go with something comforting, warm, cozy, with a bit of brightness: Dragon's Milk, Burning Vulva, Cockaigne, Sibyl, Peach V.

I agree with Muddy Puddles, I've been wearing that when it's cold and/or rainy out and I feel so cozy! I've also been wearing The Worst Pillow too, another cozy scent. I guess to me I tend to go for foody scents when it's cold and rainy because they are comforting to me.

When it's cloudy and rainy, I like to wear things that more blend with the weather. Cathode has such a mossy coolness to it, and Bruised Violet Compound is earthy, and soothing. Both these scents seem to go with cloudy days for me.

Edited by VetchVesper

I'm in rainy, rainy Seattle WA, and so far, Snake Oil, Wolf's Heart and Harlot are my favorites when there's rain (not drizzle, mist, or a passing shower.) For me, serious precipitation makes me want warm notes, but not hot or scratchy ones.

Warm, sweet, creamy things: O, Ivory Vulva, Lights of Men's Lives, Bengal...Oh, and The Book, because rainy days and books go together...

We tend to have humid weather when it rains (all the time really). Though I'm not a fan of sticky, Louisiana weather, it really brings out the scents I'm wearing! My faves are Snake Oil, Vixen, and Mme.Moriarty.

If it's a muggy sort of rain, I tend to reach for orchids like Bat-Woman or Black Moon. If it's chillier, then something that feels a little crisper like Old Scratch or Bess. Overall I'd say Bess is my ultimate rainy-day scent, it would feel wrong to wear it on a sunny day for some reason!

Before I sadly drained the bottle I used to love Stormclouds Over the Midway. It smelled just like rain.

I like the "aquatics" and watery things, Halloween at Innsmuth (sp?) with it's fishy incense is a good one.

Arkham, Lightning, Thunder Moon, Zombi, Embalming Fluid

My fiance and I like to wear ozoney/watery/light scents when it rains.

Nosferatu is my favorite rainy day scent because it is warm without being at odds with gloominess. I have also been really into the recent anniversary scent Mandeville's Phoenix this rainy week in CA!