Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

The Snow at Noon

Blinding white in the noonday sun: white mint, eucalyptus, glittering elemi, white tea, silver fir, and camphor.

Bright! White! Not as shocking as I thought it would be, in fact there's more tea than mint and eucalyptus. I don't get any fir from it, which I like. I don't know what camphor smells like, though.

Juniper and camphor (think "dentist's office") in the bottle, but neither is harsh. There's definitely that "snow in the back of the throat" note. Goes on with a bit of eucalyptus. The snow note develops a sweetness and a little more pine comes in. It's very round, not harsh at all. Some tea comes in after a few minutes.

This is absolutely lovely. Sweet and bright. I think it's almost like Skadi without the actual berry note, but similarly sweet, or Arcana's Winter Wolves but with more fruit and less pine. I may have to get a bottle of this, since I missed out on Skadi.

agreed, this is not a sharp wintery thing like The Shivering Boy, but a sweeter nice snowy thing. I get something fruity. I like this one a lot, I can surely see wearing it in the hot weather.

In the decant: Strong white tea and soft white mint. Something in here is making me think of one of the Lab's snow notes.

Wet: Astringent white tea, soft mint, and eucalyptus. It smells bracing, but it actually doesn't feel that cold on the skin. After several minutes, I start smelling the fir note, but there is just a bit of it.

Dry: The Lab's white tea note, combined with the soft mint, make this smell like a 'clean' scent on me. It doesn't remind me of Skadi, because this doesn't have a sweet aspect on me, and the white notes don't make me think of the Lab's slushy snow note. I'm not really getting any camphor from this at all, fortunately (a.k.a. that mentholatum ointment smell).

Verdict: The soft, white mint in this is nice, but I don't think I'd reach for this one when I have so many other snow scents that I enjoy more.

Edited by dementia_divine

You know when you smell something with a ton of cooling notes and your body almost feels cold when you take a whiff? Yeah, this does that to me.

It's really crisp, cold and I get the white mint, fir first off. The mint isn't super strong and it's not overwhelming the other notes as they try to come out. The elemi lends a almost fizzy quality and I barely get any white tea, which is a shame because I would of liked to. It's a really evocative scent for the Winter season but my decant will suffice.

I definitely get a vaporub vibe from this in the bottle, but there's also a minty sweetness and the bright, clean scent of the white tea which lighten the fragrance and make it wearable. I kind of like it at this point. Unfortunately, after it's been on my skin a few minutes, the eucalyptus and mint die back and the elemi becomes more prominent, and the whole thing goes odd on me in a way that's not horrible, but not to my liking. This actually reminds me of Embalming Fluid, with its bright tea note and a lemony muskiness from the elemi. Just add some snowy eucalyptus. I am not a fan of EF, but if you are, The Snow at Noon might be worth checking out.

In the bottle: Aquatic and sweet, slightly minty.

Wet: Aquatic and minty. I am getting a little of the silver fir. Its not as sweet out of the bottle.

Dry: The dry down doesn't smell much different. The aquatic smell is a bit heavier, but it still has the mint and fir.

I'm not sure ​if the aquatic smell I'm getting is the snow note or if its the white tea I'm getting?

Overall its a pretty scent, but its not my favorite from the Yules I've tried so far.

The eucalyptus and camphor give this a bit of a Vicks VapoRub scent, mixed with the citrusy-clean, bright white tea. The menthol edge fades a bit in the drydown and it's more of a clean tea and soft mint. I can't really smell any fir/evergreen. Too clean and the menthol & mint make it a bit medicinal smelling to my nose.

5ml straight from the Lab. Top notes are super camphor, but that fades just enough with dry down. After 15 minutes, it's completely unique. Minty tea and bubblegum! This is super unique and interesting.