Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cherrycherry

Unmanageable Snowdrift

A light and sweet snow single note. This is very, very nice indeed.

In the bottle, it has an almost fizzy quality to it. It's cold and effervescent and makes my nose tingle. There isn't an obvious mint note, as far as I can tell. Or not at this stage in testing anyway. The coldness from it is quite unique.

Wet on my wrist, the fizziness really pops. This is actually rather soft and not at all chilling. It is starting to remind me a great deal of Go To Sleep, Darlings and then... out of nowhere... the mint jumps up. It's quite startling really, how it's so hard to detect in the bottle and then how it leaps out and says 'HEY, GURL.' So we get tingling mint and then that starts to calm down, thankfully.

By the drydown, we have returned to a soft, fizzy and beautiful snow perfume. This is gorgeous.

Also worth mentioning - my husband walked in whilst I was working with this one and he immediately stopped in his tracks and asked 'what is that? it smells gorgeous!' So given he was standing about ten feet away from me, the throw is seriously impressive!!

The name of this fragrance made me laugh out loud when I was first going over the Yule update. I live in Canada, between a bunch of lakes, so winter is all about unmanageable snowdrifts here.
I thought that this would just be the lab's snow note as a single note, but I find this to be less slushy/watery and more bracing & peppermint smelling than the usual snow note. It actually reminds me more of the Lick It series than most of the snow scents. The drydown is very much a peppermint candy cane scent on my skin, with a hint of fresh, cold, icy aquatic cologne.

Edited by Little Bird

This is pretty similar to one of the Frankenstein releases a few years back, The Country of Eternal Light, with a few differences.

Whereas the Country of Eternal Light was still a sweet, bracing, bright mint with the sweetness of peppermint and a similar drydown, it had a little bit of rockiness and 'lichen,' lending a tiny gray-green twinge. I love it, of course, and have stockpiled so much of that, but I had to go ahead and get more of Unmanageable Snowdrift.

It has a similar sweet, very bright mint (mostly peppermint, but probably some spearmint too). It dries down as Little Bird mentions into something like Lick It with much less vanilla or sugar. It's still herbal sweet, not sugary or foodie sweet, which is fine by me!

In the decant: I'm getting the peppermint note used in Lick It Now, but instead of being accompanied by sugary awesomeness, there's a bit of cleanness from the snow note?

Wet: Yes, this is definitely the peppermint used in Lick It Now, which I really enjoy. This doesn't make me think 'unmanageable' at all. :P

Dry: The peppermint still reigns, and then something that smells clean behind it, which must be another aspect of the snow?

Verdict: Well, this was unexpected! I thought this would end up being a really bracing, ozonic snow scent, but it's not. I'm glad I tried it, but there many snow and mint scents that I prefer over this one, so no bottle for me.

Bracing, sweet peppermint when it first goes on. Very nice because it does smell like the peppermint used in Lick It blends and it's amazing since we didn't get a Lick It scent this year. It has that same strong body cooling sensation on me that The Snow at Noon has.

Toward the dry down though this clean note begins to make it's presence known and it verges on the line of smelling quite soapy. If it would of stayed the way it smelled during the wet stage the whole way through I would of maybe had the plan to bottle upgrade, but my decant will do.

I tried several snow scents from this year's Yules and this one is my favorite.

Wet, it really blasts me with a minty snow note that's also slightly herby.

Once it's dry, I'm getting a lovely complex snow note. It's an aquatic mint that has a bit of interest to it from the underlying hint of herbs.

The throw definitely backs off with dry down and it stays somewhat close to the skin with decent but not super longevity.

Overall, I'm glad to have a decant of this on hand because it's really nice, but this is not a scent I'll reach for routinely.

In the bottle: I'm getting a very soft minty smell.

Wet: It's very soft and light at first, but then the mint just really pops out. I'm really liking this!

Dry: It's still very minty and now has a faint aquatic smell to it. This is very wonderful indeed!

Love this!

Icy mint in the bottle. When wet, the sweeter snow scent starts to come out, and it is the lovely sweet, snow note of BPAL with mint - the mint isn't too sharp, nor candy. As it dries down, it stays mainly the same on me, but does get a little sweeter (which my skin tends to do). I like this a lot, and am glad I bought a bottle. I think I will save this for those hot, humid Texas summers - it will make them more bearable.

In the bottle, a fresh bright wintery mint with a tingling sensation.

On the skin, a faint sort of gluey smell, then a head-clearing cool mist. A little bit of pepperiness.

Dry, a big cool mint that forms a sort of chilly cloud around my arm. Close to the skin, I get that herbal element others talk about.

I can see using this to refresh the mind after a long day of work. I like the foodier BPAL mints a little better than this herbal one, but this scent is invigorating and atmospheric and fun.

Snow, mint, and a bit of eucalyptus. Pine and juniper come in through the middle, and it dries to fuzzy cat-mint. This is almost identical to The Snow at Noon, where that has the sweeter berry note and this has the fuzzy mint note. Wonderful!

Sweet minty, pine, juniper and something that smells almost like fresh laundry. This would be a more piney-version of dryer sheets.

HURRAY

*throws used dryers sheets around like confetti*

Love. Love love love. This is my very favourite kind of snow note, and reminds me a little of Wolf Moon (without the pine and muskiness), or possibly The Phoenix In Winter (without the berry). There is a definite fizzy, freshly-opened-can-of-lemon-lime-soda effervescence to the scent, reminding me a little of Tin Foil Hat. There's a very clean mint note, not harsh and not sweet, bright but not sharp. It sweetens as it dries, but doesn't get sticky. I wish I'd bought a second bottle, because I will be living in this scent, come summertime.