Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Unsuccessful Cranberry Garland

I got some single note Yules for Christmas and this one was the one I was most excited to try first!

In the bottle - sweet, sweet cranberry!! I do get a very slight hint of something "garland-ish". Amazing.

On skin - Ok, any cranberry lovers out there, this is a winner! I have tried other scents with cranberry in the list of notes, and something always made it off, but this is just a pure, sweet, and soft cranberry!! Not much of a garland I detect, but there is something there!

Medium throw on me, but this is so lovely! Cranberry at it's best!!

Holy whateveryoubelievein--

Cranberry. Genuine, real, sweet-tart cranberries! There a bit of a happy evergreen Christmas tree scent in the background but this is sooooo good. I'm so glad I got a decant. This definitely feels wintery so I don't think I need a bottle but I'm loking forward to busting this decant out next year!

You can actually smell the garland. :eek: It's tart cranberries on an evergreen garland that isn't fresh anymore, it's been sitting out and has dried up and only the softest hint of pine scent remains. I honestly think it's more garland than cranberry on me at first. But it sweetens up as it wears, and takes on more of a juicy, red quality, with something sliiiiightly soapy in the background. Really happy to try this and will keep the decant, since it's not often a cranberry scent comes up!

Like everyone else...cranberry, cranberry, cranberry.

In the bottle: Cranberry

Wet: Cranberry with a bit of evergreen

Drydown: Still cranberry!

A very nice wintery scent that isn't as common. It is a great day time scent since it doesn't have a lot of throw but still is noticeable and lasted a very long time. Glad I bought a bottle.

God, I love this.

In the bottle: Kinda....ew? Sour. Odd.

On my skin: CRANBERRY.

(I was so happy it changed once I put it on.)

Must have a bottle.

Yummy, tart cranberry ... then a blast of ozoney snow/pine ... then sweeter and softer but still piney ... then settles down to a soft, red fruit scent with just a whiff of the garland in the background. I like the initial tart-fruit phase the best. The snow/pine phase almost put me off, but it does not last long. I think I was expecting the cranberries to be strung with popcorn. Anyway, the scent is very seasonally evocative and fun.

i dislike cranberries. and most pine or "snow" type scents.

we do keep a can of cranberry sauce in the pantry, and we get it out, dust it off, and wave it (and the Festive Ridges) near foods that normally call for having it as a side dish. then put it back in the cabinet, in the back corner of the top shelf. i think it expired three years ago, but it serves the purpose.

i also have a tiny single-serve container (like the jelly containers from restaurants?) of it in the fridge. because it entertains me to have a shooter of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce.

CranberrySauce_zpsdpwkklhm.jpg

really, i'm easily entertained. my high school boyfriend used to say i could entertain myself for hours with a blank wall, a rubber band, and a permanent marker. he wasn't entirely wrong, and i wouldn't even need the marker.

but in my opinion, the reason this garland was unsuccessful is because it was being made with vintage bottles of early 90s Sun Ripened Raspberry products from Bath & Body Works.

i happen to have a little bit left of that scent (i've been trying to finish it up for 20 years! i don't much like it - it smells like all the mean girls - but it was a gift so ....) and while not as close as Edith Cushing to a warm-vanilla-sugar/frosted-cupcake hybrid, i think it is definitely in Sun-Ripened Raspberry realm.

and i bet those bottles are real hard to string up and get on the tree.

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

Sweet cranberry with a touch of evergreen. At first I thought this was the smell of bayberry, but I came to realize that it was cranberry.

This one seems to fit it's name. It is fresh and bright cranberry backed by something like a soft pine note. On the skin I get mostly the cranberry, which is weird because normally I would amp the pine more. This is nice, but not for me. Glad I only got one decant of this one.

I was really hoping this would be a bright cranberry on me like it sounds like on other reviewers, but this is weird and musty and sour as soon as it hits my skin. I guess I'm getting more dry old xmas garland that's been mouldering on the banister than I am cranberry. Which is... unsuccessful for me.

Bottle: Bright, cranberry goodness. Amazing!

On wet: Immediately things change. The cranberry becomes dustier and a green note emerges. This smells like a candle. A good, festive candle, but a candle.

Dry: This maintains it's strength and throw for quite some time. I can definitely see enjoying this around the holidays, but the dusty "unsuccessful" fake-candle note never goes away. I think I like it anyways, at least for immediately around the holidays. I'm keeping my bottle and am glad to have it. This one just screams Christmas, so it'll be nice to wear to all those festivities.

I love this when I first put it on, where it's tart, juicy, red cranberry and a dewy evergreen. Then I guess the unsuccessful part creeps in, because the cranberry turns very sour and the pine smells dusty and waxy...

Cranberry Shampoo! With a bit of a...waxy note. There's no way to describe "waxy" until you smell a wax plastic thing and then you smell this. It's not powdery, it's just...whatever that sort of good, sort of sweet, definitely fake swoop is. It's interesting, but I wish there was more cranberry :9 ...and less shampoo? (...even though it's a nice shampoo...)

The name is pretty accurate for me, a cranberry lover OTL