Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Favorite pastime: stealing candles from children. Such a scamp!

Beeswax, strawberries, and bits of hard candy.

Oooh, scary, I'm first! :shhh:

...and I'm having to edit this review, because much as this scent is still very, very sticky-sweet, for some reason I found myself reaching for it again today, and I think it's growing on me! Previously I said:

"Anything with beeswax in is an automatic buy for me, and strawberries too - hell yes! Sadly though, the 'hard candy' is the killer here for me. The strawberry note is very similar to Strawberry Moon '12 - which I love - that same sweet/tart effervescent pink, fresh zingy strawberry, but whereas in 'Moon it's got the grasses and sap to balance out the sweetness and keep it really fresh and mouthwatering, in this the additional sugar-hit of the candy, plus the richness of the beeswax, tilt it wayyy over the sweetness edge, and it's just toooo strongly candied and cloying for me :(

I think a lot of people will like this though - it's definitely very fun, very childlike (kinda reminds me of a toy in the 80s that was strawberry scented...I forget what toy it was, but it smells a lot like that!), and it's got great throw and long wear time, but for me it's sadly a nope :ghost:"

...but now, today, I'm quite liking it! :think: Beeswax does always seem to need ageing, and today it's just a little more deeper and golden smelling with that beeswax note, less honey-sticky-candified. It's such a happy smell! Nose, you are incredibly indecisive, but I guess I'll be keeping this guy for a while, and see whether he continues to grow on me! ;)

Edited by DevilsCandyCane

This isn't what I expected. It's very different then anything I've gotten from BPAL in the past. A very unique scent. I thought it would be more fruity but I get more hard candy and now that I read the description I realize how much the beeswax stands out. I was a little unsure at first wear but now I keep wanting to put it on. It's a few hours before bedtime but I just put a drop on my wrist just so I could sniff away for a little while. One of my biggest issues with BPAL is that most die down quickly on me. This has some serious staying power which makes me like it even more. Even though this isn't what I thought it would be I've quickly fallen in love with it and see myself wearing it often.

In The Bottle: TONS of beeswax and some fresh strawberry.

Wet On Skin: The beeswax note in this is SERIOUS. If you are a fan of the beeswax note from the Lab, this is surely a scent for you. The strawberry seems to me to be the same as the one from Strawberry Moon 2009- very real and fresh and ever so slightly tart or 'green'.

Dry Down: I get none of the "candy" aspect, which is fine, as I usually amp sugar notes. But the strawberry and beeswax have more or less come to an accord. I can't say they ever morph or really mingle- I keep just getting this "wax-then-strawberry-then-wax-then-strawberry" vibe, where they keep each just wafting at me, separate but equal. It's possible with aging that they'll meld some more, though I like both of these notes so for me, it's fine as is.

In All: Heavy throw- a little goes a long way, so use sparingly until you see how it reacts with your skin. A nice addition to any lover of strawberry or beeswax notes.

I love both strawberry and beeswax, and have had mixed success with them in various blends - but I was really hopeful about this! I am not disappointed. For me, fruit notes often go really high and sharp, or else plasticky. But this one doesn't do that, and I think it's because it has such a nice grounding in the beeswax. It balances it and keeps it from running wild. The candy is there too, sort of vaguely - it sweetens up what otherwise might be a sharper strawberry on my skin. It's a surprisingly powerful scent with staying power - I can still smell it on one of my wrists almost 24 hours after applying! I am so happy that this one worked for me. If you like strawberry or beeswax, I think it is a must-try!

Strawberry hard candy + honeyed beeswax. I was worried this would be too similar to Battle Fairy in Training, which I just got a bottle of (and love), but the strawberry note is completely different. I think of that as the soft round strawberry note, but this one is more like the bright slightly-green strawberry note in Strawberry Moon '09.

I love beeswax, but that actually isn't the most prominent note to me. It's primarily strawberry, with sort of the honeyed-softening that beeswax can bring to a scent. Lots of throw. I may try to recreate something similar to this by layering Strawberry Moon '09 with The Lights of Men's Lives and see what happens, since I can balance the aspects a little more to my taste.

This oil smells exactly like those little strawberry candies in the foil wrapping that's red with yellow seed dots and a twisted green top. Waxy, strawberry candy.

• ITI: It smells like honey cakes, artificial berry freshener, and fake sugar. It reminds me of the scent of a bathroom in a fancy hotel.

Wet: At least the hard candy scent is now that of the cinnamon old-fashioned hard candies that were wrapped in clear paper. Sadly, the beeswax is still honey cake, almost urinal-esque (blame honey notes on my skin), sprayed over with fake strawberry. So far, this is a “No” or me.

Dry: The longer it dried, the more than the artificial strawberry emerged. There was still an unmistakable candy and lavatory gist to it that made me want to wash it off. To the swap pile it goes.

Straight up candy strawberry. Doesn't really morph on me. I like it well enough, but I was hoping for more of the beeswax to come out since I love me some of that.

Sweet beeswax, that’s all I’m getting right now. I’m hopeful more of the fruitiness of the strawberries will come out as it dries. As it stands right now I’m kind of regretting buying a bottle, I prefer the candle wax in Light of Men’s Lives to this wax. I have to give them credit though, it’s precisely beeswax, they have the scent perfect. Okay, as it’s drying, it’s getting much fruitier and yummy. I rescind my regret, I think I’m going to love this. It’s got decent throw as well, I can smell it just sitting here, without having to sniff my wrist.

This is just as advertised on my skin - a waxy honey and strawberry hard candy smell. Together, the beeswax and strawberry candy kind of remind me of strawberry flavored chapstick.

I love the lab's beeswax note, and I'm a huge fan of any blends with strawberry and candy notes. That's why I think my bottle may be defective: It smells very sour and rancid. Perhaps it will settle a bit over time? Please??

Loving this :wub3: like I haven't love a BPAL perfume in a long time. A usual dilemma for me is the fact that my body chemistry eats up scent. But this lovely has lasting power on me.

There is something in this one that reminds me of Bess and makes me feel nostalgic. It's a definite warm, emotional scent though with it's berry tones I could see this in summer as well. :wub2:

Wow, lots of different experiences for this one. I like beeswax, I like strawberries, and hard candy is questionable (sugary notes in general can go really wrong on me). This smells like the hottest strawberry acid I can imagine. I love it. I get none of the smooth mellowness of beeswax, although it probably is doing something in the background. I think the hard candy is doing an interesting "sugar burn" thing. It's not as sweet or foody as I imagined when I ordered it. On me, it's like Hollywood Babylon, but with the red musk replaced by pure aggression.

Edited by sunqist

Strawberry and beeswax. Beeswax honestly smells alot to honey on me. So sugary strawberry and honey. Decent throw and wearlength.

The beeswax is definitely at the forefront of this one. But I get the strawberries and candy in there as well.

There's some note in here that's kind of harsh and plasticky, especially during the wet phase. It mellows out a bit as it dries but still... there's something not quite working for me. I wish I knew what it was.

Whoa.

Imp: Sharp Strawberry

Skin: Oh heavy beeswax. It cuts into the sharp strawberry easily, and there are these moments where it's 100% Jolly Rancher.

Drydown: Easily morphs out of candy and falls into something red-musk esq. Reminiscent of the new Edible G-String scent. Same fruity sexy musk vibe happening. But much more wax.

Hefty throw, beeswax stays around. Overall warm, red-musky, starts with sharp sweet fruit but fades to a warm red honey-haze.

not my usual scent, although i enjoy beeswax, i received a bottle of this in a bundle of second hand bottles. any kind of fruit or candy is generally hit or miss for me. in the bottle this is sweet and tart but overall pretty well blended. fresh on the skin this is just a beautiful sweet pink scent. i feel like this would be a great summer time/running errands scent cause it's bold but not overpowering. the beeswax comes out more strongly on the skin, it plays well with the strawberries. the candy gives everything a sweetness but the beeswax seems to be preventing everything from going literal strawberry candy on me, and that toothache sweetness is the type of fruit/candy/foodie scent that i really dislike so that's cool. it almost gives it a sort of creaminess, almost like a strawberry scented beeswax candle but not in a yankee candle type of way. definitely an elegant beeswax candle, like a long thin taper burning on a table next to a strawberry pie sort of way. 

Candied strawberries warmed by beeswax.  Later in the dry down I can see the red musk-ish call out.  It ends up reminding me of strawberry wine; but not the farm one.  It's more a sweet red with no spice.