Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Peach Pie Hair Gloss

Sniffing from the bottle just now. I'll edit in a full review after I've had the chance to apply it to wet, clean hair.

In the bottle: this strikes me as much more pie than peach. I'm having to sniff around to find the peach behind an impression of pastry and a wave of gentle spices. We'll see what it does in my hair.

ETA: I did a side-by-side with Sugared Peach bath oil from Dragon*Con a few years ago. With that comparison, the fruit of Peach Pie is more prominent, with a tangy crispness to suggest fresh fruit. The bath oil is much more syrupy-sweet.

Applying: Lightly sugary peach.

Drying: A hint of the pastry comes out, along with some gentle spices. If you've tried Apple Pie, this has some of the same spices, but they're a backdrop, not a feature.

Wearing: This has decent throw, but not strong throw compared to some of the other hair glosses I've tried.

Verdict: Gently foody. I like it. I will probably keep it, but since I also have Peach, White Ginger and Cubeb I'm not sure I need a backup.

Edited by puck_nc

My impression of Peach Pie hair gloss is almost the complete opposite of the above review. I get PEACH, really super realistic peach - tart and sweet. I get no pastry and no spices. The scent is not as strong and sweeter when it dries, but I still don't smell any pastry. I like it a lot, but I expected it to be more pie like.

I sprayed some into my hands and then ran it through my hair. Initially it was all spices, but as it dried it became all about the peach. Delicious, juicy, candy-like peaches, with just a bit of pie to keep it from going full-on lollipop. Sweet, foody, wonderfully peachy, and really really good!

I already tried the bath oil of this, so I knew sort of what to expect.

This is a bit more balanced between the peach and crust notes. The BO was all peach (which was fine! It's an amazing peach note!) and this is both crust and peach. I love this just as much as the BO, and I am glad I got it! Sweet/tart peach, with just a hint of buttery crust. Yum!

This isn't as spicy or sour on me as the perfume oil for some reason. More of a tart and slightly powdery peach with a bit of golden sweetness from the crust. I still wish that it were a sweet, syrupy peach filling and buttery crust, and it is not that. My husband said that this smelled like "air freshener."

Edited by Little Bird

Strong peach, almost jammy, with an unidentifiable spicy note while wet. As it dries, the spice dissipates and I get some citrus, instead, which, while not orangey as such, reminds me of marmalade. This is very fruit forward on me - I don't notice much pastry or crust.