Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Hattress

Marshmallow Cookie Pie Hair Gloss

Okay! I guess I'm first! :biggrin:

So I had no idea that marshmallow cookie pies were even a thing. I had never heard of such a pie, so I didn't really know what to expect. But marshmallow! And cookies! And pie!

Chocolate is the dominant note in this, for me. It took me a minute to identify it, because for some reason, I'm just not very good at sensing artificial chocolate notes-in perfumes, body washes, etc. In the bottle, I got a strong whiff of that chocolate note, and then it started to smell a bit like chocolate chip cookies. Which makes sense--take chocolate and add any kind of pastry note, and "chocolate chip cookie" doesn't sound like too much of a stretch. I wouldn't say that the chocolate is overbearing; if it were, I probably wouldn't like it. But it's definitely present.

I don't get much marshmallow, if any, and a little bit of this gloss goes a long way. It's pretty strong, and the throw is good. I was in a swirling cloud of chocolate-y dessert for a while, and had to put my hair up because it was giving me a bit of a headache*. Overall, I really like this one. What I might need to do, though, is only apply it when my hair is damp. When I put gloss on dry hair, the scent can be super strong; since this scent is pretty strong on its own, it should turn into a nice, settled scent if I put it on damp hair.

*that's no fault of the hair gloss; I can be a little sensitive to scents, so too much of any and I risk a nasty headache

ETA: After sniffing the gloss again, I wanted to add this. Since I've never actually had or heard of marshmallow cookie pie, I think this is the most appropriate image of what this smells like: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2155/2420100292_d94ed6d8e0.jpg . Minus the scoop of ice cream on top.

Edited by Hattress

Marshmallow Cookie Pie hair gloss smells like dark chocolate pudding to me. :yum: Compared to the bath oil and perfume, this skews more marshmallowy on me, definitely a bit more creamy. Some chocolate cake recipes call for a shot of espresso to deepen the chocolate flavor, and this smells like there's a hint of coffee lurking here, in a good way. Really fun, and now when my husband tells me I smell like a cookie, I can say: BINGO! (Well, close enough.) :)

I can see where the cookie dough comparison comes in. The gloss is extremely strong, one squirt goes a very long way and lasted all day (the way Boo and Eat Me hair gloss do).

Unfortunately, the chocolate has a sort of chalky scent, not a really rich or deep chocolate scent. I know some people prefer it but I was hoping for a more Oreo-esque scent. It is extremely sweet though.

I LOVE this!!! If you are a foodie lover, pounce on this!!

In the bottle.... it is a chocolate cookie!! SOOO good. I have been waiting for a chocolate based HG and this is amazing!

In my damp hair... it gets better! I get the marshmallow and chocolate with the perfect crust!! To me, this is like Boo, Bliss, and some Chocolate Espresso Gingerbread had a naughty three way and this was the result of a careless night! ;) This is totally back-up bottle worthy. It is sweet but I love it that way!!!

Update: Been a couple hours and this is still going strong!! Don't think I need to put on any perfume to be honest!! I think I need to try the perfume oil in this though, but yeah... I can smell this all around me still!! :heart:

Edited by Numanoid

Evil Marshmallows!!! This is so yummy! Sticky marshmallows, drizzled with semi sweet chocolate, with a crumbly, cookie (not too buttery, yea!) crust! I love daaark (magic...), sweet scents, and this delivers. It's a light, silky, moisturizer, which I find nice for both hair and body.

Edited by lookingglass

Uhhhh this is good! I sprayed it on my sleeve to test (I have found that my hair chemistry does not change scents the way my skin does, so it's safe for me to test on cloth).

It smells more like cookie to me (chocolate chip to be precise) than marshmallow or pie, but I'm ok with that, because it's awesome. It's sweet but not cloying, chocolately and decadent. I am a foodie lover, and I can see wearing this with any number of my perfumes. This is going to be one of the HG's like Boo where it goes with a ton of things and I am super happy to have it in my collection. Yum!

I get.... COFFEE. coffee coffee coffee, with some chocolate underneath. It is SO strong, I can't get it out of my nose- and those are both death notes for me. It's actually making me feel a little ill from being so overpowering.

Can't win em all... and this one hates me. :(

Oh man, I wish I got coffee and chocolate chip cookies. I get vanilla fluff + random baked goods smell + a whiff of chocolate. Like chocolate glaze over all that vanilla.

Absolutely chocolate chip and marshmallow cookie decadence. Definitely chocolate and definitely sweet delicious baked goods real enough to eat. This is strong stuff. One small squirt lasted me quite a while and I'm normally a two or three squirt gal. The throw was also quite impressive!

I usually use 3-5 squirts of Hair Gloss in my hair after a shower, and with this scent 1 or 2 is all it takes. This is a very strong, powerful scent. It lingers an extremely long time, sometimes more than a day!

I don't find it to be sweet or creamy at all. I don't detect any vanilla/marshmallow goo notes. To me, this is very bitter, un-sweet, super dark chocolate and something earthy and kind of musky, almost like a light patchouli. I LOVE chocolate scents and perfumes, but this one isn't really doing anything for me. I may stash this away for a while to see if my opinion of it changes over time.

When first spritzed on, this really catches the gooey marshmallow/chocolate/cookie goodness. That lasts for maybe a half an hour, then it's whoa! bitter dark chocolate with a heavy undertone of coffee. It reminds me of a more chocolate-heavy version of Miskatonic U. As time goes on, maybe 18 hours later, it becomes all coffee, strong dark brew. And wow, it has lasting power. I was still smelling the coffee 36 hours later. Had to find a harmonizing note, so I used Honey. But wow, it lasts and lasts.

Don't wear anything floral with this one. It will dominate it into submission.

This to me smells just like the perfume but it has a little more sweetness somehow. In the PO I got Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Cookie Dough. Here it's just more Marshmallow maybe and less Cookie Dough. But it's just as rich and delicious as the PO. This lasts forever on my hair too which is awesome! :wub2:

At first sniff I'm getting mocha kahlua. Kahlua brownies. It's darker and less buttery than I expected. I'm definitely getting coffee, and almost a chocolate liquor kind of smell. Not getting much of anything I would call marshmallow or even pie crust.

In my hair I start to get more of the baked good scent. But I'm still getting something sort of boozy. Boozy brownies. Certain alcoholic notes can be a problem for me (headaches) so I'm not sure I'm loving this. Hmmmmm.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.
Fragrance review:
Bpal's chocolate scents are hit or miss on me. They either smell realistic and amazing or they turn to powder or plastic on my skin. The Marshmallow Cookie Pie perfume oil turns plasticy on me and fades rather quickly. The gloss turns just a little plasticy and lasts a lot longer.

To me, this smells like fresh, moist chocolate cake, boozy chocolate liqueur, and sugary, vanilla-ish cookie dough. It's more of a really sugary, super-sweet marshmallow after about an hour, like that marshmallow paired with an underbaked, gooey, oozing with chocolate brownie.
I find this to be rather cloying and a bit too much at times, but sometimes I'm in the mood for this sugarbomb.
Brownies, cookie dough, marshmallows, all sorts of gooey chocolate goodness, just a little plasticy and fuzzy-scented-marker-ish... lots of fun ^_^

Edited by Little Bird

I've never had a marshmallow cookie pie, so I don't know how true to scent this is.

Despite the presence of chocolate and marshmallow, the coffee note in here dominates them, and I don't detect the marshmallow at all.

My decant ends up smelling more like coffee and chocolate chip cookie pie base.

This lasted several hours. The throw alternated between moderate and faint. Every so often I would think this had faded, then I'd catch another whiff of this.

It's pleasant, but I think the coffee note prevents this from being the spectacular foody scent I was hoping for. I prefer Banana Cream Pie HG to this.