Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Haltija

Apple Pie Hair Gloss

Oh goodness, I am first!

I immediately smelled this one first and sprayed into my hair when I got the package. In the bottle it's nearly identical to the most crisp, delicious apple cider without a heavy spice base, soooo good. On the hair it's still predominantly apple and no spice, and I definitely get a red apple note but it's still tart, not tart enough to be a green apple though. It really does smell like pie but almost like you took the apple pie and right when it was about to be done you took pieces of the apple skin and put it on top to be baked into everything else.

It is a incredible Autumn and early Winter gloss. I will cherish my bottle (:

Mmmm, Apple Pie hair gloss makes me so happy. This is more pie filling than pie on me (I'm not picking up much crust/pastry note), but the filling is delectable and the balance is very wearable. I get glorious apple with a very slight hint of lemon, butter, and spices. I wore it to work today and kept catching wafts of the most mouth-watering apple when I turned my head. I'm so glad I picked up this hair gloss and miiiight need to invest in the perfume or bath oil, because it's that good.

This smells almost exactly like fresh mulled cider. The apple is not the frsh apple of, say, Lips of Flame, Heart of Stone, it's more of a baked apple, with spices. It reminds me of my Wassail Atmo, but even more cider-y. I get almost no pastry, but that's fine by me as I prefer my pastry scents in Atmos, rather than wearables. A definitely excellent Winter Holiday scent, and I can see layering it with last year's Gingerbread scents and Fezziwig's Ball with great success!

My bottle of Apple Pie HG, to me, smelled VERY strongly of cinnamon....I got very little apple and even less 'pie crust'

I was really hoping that this one would be heavy on the apple, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with warm cinnamon.

Sniffing from the bottle just now. I'll edit in a full review after I've had the chance to apply it to wet, clean hair.

In the Bottle: this is a gorgeous warm apple absolutely laden with spices. I do get the impression of pastry, but it's not very strong. I think I'm going to love wearing this.

ETA:

Applying: For the briefest moment I get a surge of pastry.

Drying: And it's back to baked apple, redolent with sweet spices.

Wearing: Hm. This one seems to have very little staying power on my hair. I have to really bury my nose in and chuff to get an impression of spice and maybe a hint of apple.

Verdict: I'll try a few more times to see if I can get the scent to stick around. If not, at least I have a guaranteed work-safe hair gloss.

Edited by puck_nc

Yep.....not much else to add, but yummy apple pie!! In the bottle, it is a very juicy apple with spice. My nose wants to tell me it is a green apple scent. On my hair, it is surprisingly light to medium in throw. It stays true.... the spice is light and not cloying. A green apple pie fresh from the oven!! LOVE these PIES!!!

I get cinnamon apple + spices. For me, its definitely more about apple pie spice than the smell of apples. I'd say it was more of a green apple as opposed to a red apple scent.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

This smells incredibly spicy, even in the bottle. Tons of cinnamon. I was afraid to really try this on my hair or skin, because I'm so sensitive to spice notes. A little dab on my wrist made my skin red and itchy, and smelled like overwhelming cinnamon potpourri.