Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Banana Cream Pie Hair Gloss

Oh huh first. I received a small decant of this Banana Cream Pie HG and I have to say it is my favorite of the ones I've tried. Totally unexpected. The banana is definitely a ripe sweet banana but doesn't go very runt-y. The cream really shines, tempering the banana so I mostly just get those two notes, with the faintest hint of a baked good that takes this spray into the gourmand category. Don't be scared of the banana! This has a pretty close to the head silage but I also wear my glosses pretty light.
This will be a bottle purchase for me.

So Banana Cream Pie as a hair gloss is slightly different. Yes, to the graham cracker crust, tinge of marshmallow vanilla goodness and then whiffs of what smells like fake banana to me. Banana is a problematic note for me, so take this review with a grain of salt. On the other hand, if it had just been graham crackers + marshmallow vanilla, I'd be all over this.

Hmm, I smell like I've been in the kitchen, baking all day.

This one is sweet and light and very ripe banana. The banana is fresh, not cooked, and there is that creamy banknote with the graham crackers in it. It's a comforting, homey scent. It's a good neutral for when you don't know what you want to wear, scent-wise. I spritzed it into my hair for going ice skating, as I wanted something foody for that.

It doesn't really linger long, just a few hours, even with a ton of it in my hair. It fades back to a background sweetness and creaminess, even when I put my nose to my hair, a few hours later. Still, I think this is going to be one of my favorites.

Overview:
Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.
Fragrance review:

I like the Banana Cream Pie hair gloss a lot more than the perfume oil. I didn't get much banana from the perfume oil. The hair gloss smells like I took a real banana, green peel and all, and mushed it into my hair. I often think of a smoothie made with banana, ice and rice milk. It's a cool, milky, fresh banana. Then every once in a while I catch whiffs of powdery banana candy (just like banana runts candy) and musky, golden pie crust. It's really good, but I don't know if I'd ever wear this one much. I'm obsessed with Dorian hair gloss or heavier, earthier glosses... this is fresh, golden, milky, fruity.

Edited by Little Bird

I've never had a banana cream pie, so I don't know how true to scent this is.

Nevertheless, it starts off with a delicious blast of sweet, almost caramelised, banana, though sadly, that note only lasts a minute. After that the cream comes in and soon gives way to the foody, sweet, golden crust.

This lasts several hours, though the throw is only strong for the first few minutes. After that it gives off moderate sillage.

Despite the banana disappearing so quickly, I love this, and it's my favourite of the The Great Pie Debate Hair Glosses, so far.