Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Key Lime Pie Hair Gloss

Whoa! NO one has reviewed this??? This is awesome in a bottle!! Ok, here I go!!

In the bottle: First sniff... yummy, creamy, sugary key lime!! To die for!

In damp hair: Ok... I so don't know HOW they do it, but as soon as I put it in, I get the perfect key lime pie. The lime is so creamy, but still has that lime zing. I get the crust and all as well.

If you are like me and fruit notes just don't seem to work, like lime..... I don't do them well because it can be too fizzy and/or it fades FAST on me, but THIS.... is heaven in a bottle. I think it is perfect scent for any season as well. Fresh enough for warm weather and that creamy note for cooler weather. I wish these pies were permanent... they have all been winners!!

Key Lime Pie in the bottle and applied wet. As it dried however, and I was using a hair dryer, I got more of a marshmallow/cream note going on. The lime faded away, and I got marshmallow and the crust.

So in some ways this ended up as a slightly more citrus version of Marshmallow Cream pie on my hair.

I love my Key Lime Pie hair gloss! I don't smell a lot of crust, it's mostly lime custard...and it smells amazing. I brought this with me recently on a trip, and even thought I tried to keep up my regular hair gloss variety routine, I struggled a bit because I wanted to wear this every day. Definitely one of the scents that makes my mouth water, it smells so delicious. :yum:

Origin: Dirty South Will Call

Initial Thoughts: I didn't go for this when they were introduced since key lime is my husband's favorite pie. I tried Apple and Peach instead. But at the will call, I took a sniff out of curiosity and got a very strong lime zing that I thought would be wonderful for warm weather.

In the Bottle: Fresh lime, graham cracker crust, and sweet cream.

In Wet Hair: The pastry aspects charge forward, with the lime hanging around in the background.

Blow-dried Hair: As I dried my hair, the crust and cream settled and let the lime come back out to play.

Verdict: 100% foody, but light and with that zing of lime to make this a good summer scent. Not a huge amount of throw, so also a good scent for work or being around people.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

This is wonderful, and my favorite gourmand hair gloss. It smells just like sweet key lime custard, cool and creamy and a bit vanilla-ish, and a buttery graham cracker crust. Strong, long lasting and mouthwatering. Very realistic and makes me crave key lime pie.

Buying this hair gloss was a great decision.

After falling in love with some Key Lime cupcakes from a bakery, I decided that I needed the scent of Key Lime in my life. I also thought it would be a great summer hair gloss, because, you know, LIME.

The hair gloss is strong on the graham cracker crust, creamy, custard-y awesomeness (this ends up being the dominant note after a while), and then, there's the zing of lime. The lime is rather short-lived compared to the other notes, but the hair gloss itself is strong. I wore it for two days and kept getting lovely wafts of the scent throughout both days.

It pairs well with Son of biggerCritter, too!

Basically, if you're thinking about getting this, stop thinking about it and just get it. It's wonderful.

Amazing true-to-life key lime pie scent in the bottle. I smell tangy lime custard and graham cracker crust.

Once sprayed in my hair, the lime fades waaaaaayy to the background and this becomes all about the graham cracker crust, with a hint of something creamy -- marshmallow? meringue? whipped cream? I can still smell the lime if I concentrate, and it keeps the blend leaning a little more tangy than overly sweet, but it's not what I would consider a lime-forward scent anymore. That said, I happen to LOVE the smell of graham cracker crust & cream!! If you're in the market for a hair gloss that's light, not much throw, definitely foody but not overpowering, this is the one for you.

I only have a decant, and despite shaking it thoroughly prior to use, every time I try this, all I get is the smell of dry pie crust. Nothing else. Even with slathering this on, I don't get any lime, and the whole scent fades very fast when other hair glosses last hours on me. So disappointed as I was really looking forward to the limey lusciousness everyone else gets. :cry2:

Yum! This is a very tart key lime pie. Wet, you can smell both a good amount of the key lime, and the pie crust.

As it dries, you're left with more pie crust than lime, but there's still a good amount of lime to keep this from being a heavy foodie scent.

I'm a total foodie lover, and was looking for a "bright" foodie hair gloss for summer; this is perfect!