Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Hattress

Pecan Pie Hair Gloss

This is the second Pie HG I got in my recent order (the other was Marshmallow Cookie Pie).

In the bottle, this smells exactly like pecan pie. Somehow, Puddin' and the goblins managed to pin down the scent absolutely perfectly. My dad walked into the house when I had the bottle open, and caught a whiff of it. He thought I'd actually made some pie, and was really disappointed to realize that there was no edible form of pie in the house.

When I spray it, I notice that there's a spiced element to the gloss that reminds me a lot of Pumpkin Spice Everything, but really. I don't even know what else to say about this one. My hair literally smells like pecan pie right now and I am so happy. :wub3:

All I get from this is spice cake. I don't smell pecan pie whatsoever and as someone who makes pecan pie ALL THE TIME I am rather disappointed. Too much spice cake not enough corn syrup, brown sugar or nuts.

Pecan Pie perfume did not work on me. It turned into clove single note.

Pecan Pie HG is still a lot spicier than I expected - I don't put cloves (or any spice!) in my pecan pie. But in the hair gloss, I can at least detect the sugar, a "crust" note, which is lovely, and a hint of nuts. It's nice enough that I will keep my decant. Actually, if I accept it for what it is (which is not pecan pie, IMHO) this is really good! Spicy and sweet. It will go with a lot of things. It's just not what I had hoped for in Pecan Pie, is all.

Got a decant of this... as others have mentioned, sniffing in the bottle, it is very spicy. Kitchen spice, spicy. I don't get any kind of pecan or any nuts out of this.

On damp hair: stays the same... surprisingly low throw and soft, considering how spicy it smells in the bottle. I get cinnamon and maybe some clove. It is very lovely and so perfect for autumn/winter time.

Doesn't last very long... out of the pie hg's I have (marshmallow, apple, blueberry, key lime) this one fades the fastest.

I get a ton of cassia from this, and other kitchen spices. Cinnamon, and a touch of nuts. Overall, this smells like a spice cake. With a slight crusty note to it.

Sweet clovey goodness! :wub2: Not too spicy or buttery/pastry-ish - it's just right. I wish it was also an atmosphere! I'd love to have my house to smell this way without actually baking anything.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

My review for this and Apple Pie hair gloss could pretty much be identical. Way too much cinnamon, reminds me of cinnamon potpourri, and irritates my skin.

I love this one! I was not as impressed by the perfume oil version of Pecan Pie, and honestly I get very little actual 'pecan pie' out of it at all, but it is a mish-mash or super yummy, heady spices (cinnamon, clove, allspice!) that are just delightful. The scent is also quite strong, and lingers better than many other hair glosses I have tried.