Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Laura S. Taylor

Banana Cream Pie Bath Oil

I am so sad. I had really high hopes for my first bath oil, but I was really let down.

From beginning to end, in the bath and on the skin, this smells like banana flavored Runts. No natural bananas, no cream, no crust.

Ooof, this just smells like bananas. Kinda plasticky bananas. Which means that whatever the cream note in this one is, it doesn't work out for me. :(

I absolutely love this - my first BPAL bath oil!

Like many people, I use it mainly as a moisturizer, but I have tried it both in the bathtub and applied directly to damp skin, and both ways work well for me. The cream / pie crust note is noticeable at first, but it is fairly unobtrusive and dissipates after a while. It reminds me of the pastry note in Blackberry Jam and Scones, only much milder. The banana smells fairly realistic to me. Overall, this is a fun, sunny scent that never fails to put me in a good mood! It's been wonderful at soothing the tight, itchy winter skin on my lower back, but I sometimes apply it to my hands only when I have a craving for the scent. It sinks in right away and doesn't leave my hands greasy.

My only regret is not having ordered two, as the bottle is on the small side and sees almost daily use.

I like Splatter Comedy and The Twelfth more for banana cream pie scents. There's not really anything creamy about this Banana Cream Pie. This smells like those powdery banana flavored sweet tarts candies with the hard outer shell coating, and the pie crust reminds me of a buttery version of golden musk. So this is like perfumey banana flavored sweet tarts.