Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In The Bottle: Banana deliciousness! Plus a bit of fresh, unsweetened whipped cream and a flaky pie crust!

Wet On Skin: All the same, except the crust is becoming a little more up front.

Dry Down: For those that fear banana scents, this might be a perfect one- the banana is subtle and fresh, like real, actual bananas, not like banana candy or flavoring. the crust lends weight and balance, with the cream being thick but light- like real, home-made whipped cream.

In All: Low throw, a good daytime scent. Yummy!

This is a spot on banana cream scent. I actually tried this on shortly before I ate a slice of banana cream pie, and figured I was mistaking the perfume for the food. Nope! The oil is just that accurate.

Bottle: Pie, delicious pie

On: Warm pie! With a little bit of tang, like you get with homemade banana cream pies when you've dipped the bananas in lemon to keep them from browning.

Over time: it becomes sweet cream instead of banana. Still delicious.

Low throw, very comforting. Love it.

Pretty sure this is the same banana cream pie from Splatter Comedy! That much is a massive WIN.

Before discovering BPAL, I would *never* have said I could enjoy a banana perfume. Splatter Comedy proved me wrong and this one just cements that face that banana perfumes can be absolutely gorgeous in every way. Sweet and fun and silly.

This is simply banana-cream-pie crust and in its simplicity, there is pure pleasure. I adore this. One of my favourites from this update.

Oh good gracious. I hate banana candy. But I loooove banana pudding and banana moonpies. I don't think that I've ever had banana cream pie. Anyhow, this oil is like the best banana pudding ever. Realistic, mouthwatering bananas, dollops of cream, and vanilla wafer crumbles. :bunnyluv:

i like bananas - but i like them when the skin is more black than yellow. my mom likes 'em green and i think they're gross like that.

i also really, really, really like that fake banana flavour. the outer coating on the banana runts (not the sour, powdery inside, though), Laffy Taffy, and most of all, the wondrous banana milkshakes from Checkers. there's a grocery store that was around the corner from my best friend's apartment, back when he was still in Atlanta, and the store brand included a banana ice cream! i'd top it with some 99Bananas. so good.

i also like real banana pudding - which can only be made with pudding cooked on a stovetop, and topped with beaten egg whites that are then toasted to a golden brown. the banana parfait made with instant pudding and cool-whip is a different thing altogether.

but i don't think i've ever had a banana cream pie. mostly because they all seem to have that coconut-oil-filled cream goop and those spongy crusts which i just can't bring myself to consume.

then there's the echo of Stan Gable's voice saying "that's my pie" that i hear in my head, and i just can't.

but enough about my head.

this is a definite banana scent. but it is more like the banana flavour from a banana moonpie, or instant banana flavoured pudding mix. which is a different flavour from all the other things i blathered about a few lines up... which is a different flavour altogether.

but there's also that coconut/palm oil note in there, too. not enough to say it is a coconut-banana scent, but if you're like me and the least little bit of coconut or palm oil in something is enough to turn your tummy, well, then be warned.

i think this is a paper umbrella away from being a virgin cocktail, more than an item on the dessert cart.

On me this is mainly flaky crust, a whiff of whipped cream, and maybe some banana. It's mainly flaky delicious buttery crust. Totally NOT complaining about this.

In the bottle: Banana cream and pie crust, just like the name says! Sweet, but not overwhelming.

On and dry: Good gracious, this is incredible! There's this deep sweetness that does not in any way scream "banana" along with the gorgeous buttery pastry. I slathered (and I'm not sorry!) and this has good throw and has been going strong for 8 hours now, without morphing.

I totally did not expect to love this as much as I do. If the pies stay up, a backup is in order.

Edited by Gale

Oh sweet banana cream pie, how do I love thee? So good I want to eat you up, but can't.

In the bottle, definitely creamy banana.

But wet....ooh, the blossoming of banana goodness! The banana is well blended with cream, and becomes so delicious.

On drydown, the graham cracker crust comes out, and balances nicely with the banana cream. I had my husband sniff me and he said it was a great way to torment him, making me smell good enough to eat! Over a couple hours, the banana fades out and leaves a base of cream pie. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to last more than about 4 or 5 hours on me, but those are GOOD hours!

This is yummy! :wub2:

It's one of my favorite banana scents. It's not too sweet and is perfectly balanced between all the notes. That being banana, whipped cream, and the crust. The throw is nice and the staying power is pretty good too. I've tried a lot of banana scents and this one makes banana the star! Which I appreciate. :wub2:

First sniff: Whoof! Banana runts or laffy taffy, wrapped around a base of generic vanilla wafer cookies. I say generic because the wafer part of this scent is buttery, almost salty even.

Wet on skin: Buttered popcorn and banana taffy. It’s a fakey smelling banana coupled with the popcorn smell I don’t like that some creamy vanillas threaten to turn into on me all the time. This one is popcorn right out of the gate, which inspires absolutely no confidence in me that I’ll end up liking this.

Drydown: Banana candy, a little bit plastic, and buttery movie theater popcorn and the faint whiff of my discontent. I can’t win them all, I guess. My skin is determined to ruin nearly every dessert-y gourmand for me instead.

Final thoughts: Skin chemistry strikes again! I liked this alright out of the bottle but that salty, buttery scent underneath the banana ruins this for me. I will keep buying vanilla cream scents because when they’re good, they’re really good. Other times they’re like this. Bummer.

In the bottle, this smells like powdery banana candy, and was so artificial and dry that I didn't even want to try it on. But I always try everything on, compulsively, so on it went.

I was hoping that this would be like Splatter Comedy (my dream banana cream scent) minus the metal note, but this is a lot more artificial and chemical smelling.
Starts off as banana candy and dries down to a warm, musky vanilla sugar and golden pie crust thing. Something about this is reminding me of chemical-y scented markers and keeps making me feel like I'm going to cough and it's getting stuck in my throat when I smell it. It's also so overwhelmingly sweet; it's definitely cloying. It's kind of a big, warm, sugary, heavy mess on my skin, and I can't smell the banana at all after about ten minutes. It's also not creamy at all to my nose, but rather very dry smelling.

Dry, golden pie crust, heaps of musky, cloying sugar, and a sweet scented markers thing...

Late to the party on this one...my husband loves banana, so it has grown on me leading me to think I should try some BPAL banana scents.

In the bottle I smell mostly butter.  Wet on my skin it is so yummy!  Banana and butter and a bit of pie crust.  Throughout wear I get alternating wafts of banana laffy taffy and rich buttery banana.  I really love this!  I think this will layer really well with some vanillas too!

This still one of my favorite TP blind buys when I didn't know what works and doesn't work on me, and thankfully this one stays pretty well on me. In bottle and wet, it's a delicious banana cream, some buttery pie crust. Maybe it's a little like banana candy, but it definitely reminds me of the box banana pudding mix. Dry and wear down was a little disappointing since the banana fades fast, so it becomes predominantly buttery pie crust on me. Hint of sweetness. The creaminess only lasts through half of my day, but I'm happy to have a bottle of this. Might just need a banana SN to layer it with.

I passed on this when it was available, but I was very lucky to swap for a decant recently, and let me just say, this is the most realistic banana note that the Lab has ever used!? :o Like, there's no Laffy Taffy banana here, it's truly fresh banana and whipped cream surrounded by vanilla wafer crumbs. It smells delicious. :yum: 

I'm definitely hanging onto the decant, and I'm going to see if I can grab any amount of the hair gloss to pair with all of my banana scents!