Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In The Bottle: A sweet, almost 'earthy' scent. I get something that reminds me of prunes, which I'm betting is the rich/sweet of the pecan note. Also something that's like autumnal pie spices. :yum:

Wet On Skin: Much the same, but the prune is morphing into more of the nuttiness one would expect from...nuts. :D

Dry Down: Shoo-Fly-Pie!!! A sweet, rich pie with spices to round it out and a touch of flaky crust.

In All: Another winner in the pie category!

I expected this to be a lot like Mother Shub's Pumpkin Pecan Treacle Tarts but it really isn't. It has a very fruity top note that was a total (pleasant!) surprise.

The pecan and pie crust come out during the dry down and when it's all settled, it's the MOST perfect pecan pie perfume in the world. And of course it is. It's made by goblins!

Pecan Pie is a nutty, cinnamon-strong scent on my skin for the first five minutes or so—smelling more like nut bread or carrot cake than pecan pie. But then it settles down and a golden, caramel note comes forward. I smell like pecan pie filling for a good hour or so before it fades into what smells like spiced brown sugar. I have no problem with any of these stages. :D

i adore pecan pie. it and pineapple-upside-down-cake are my favourite desserts. plain (no almond or lemon or sauce of any kind, thanks) cheesecake rounds out the top three.

also, born and raised in Georgia. sooo... this ain't pecan pie. i'm not sure what it is. it is fruity (like figs or dates?) and cinnamon-sugar-y. and like the bitters from the middle of the nut. and one of those bread-like, squishy pie crusts.

once, when my dad and i were making a whole bunch of pecan pies we had more crust and filling components than we did pecans, so we made a couple of experimental pies. including one made with sunflower seeds (from our own garden), one made with cashews, and one that was just filling and crust.

even the bizarre sunflower seed one we made was more pecan pie-like than this.

perhaps this is a date-nut-cinnamon-roll?

Wet: Clove single note. Like whoa, cloves!! I like cloves. But I have never put them in my pecan pie before. I had to go to my spice cabinet and pull some cloves out to make sure I haven't gone looney, but no that is in fact pure cloves coming off my wrist, with some added sweetness. Quite nice, really, just not one bit what I had expected. Where are, umm, the pecans??

Dry: Clove single note. I didn't realize I amped Clove so much! But sadly that's the only note I am getting on my skin.

I resniffed it in the bottle, and true I can detect a hint of clove from the bottle, in the bottle there is also beautiful notes of sugary pecan pie filling....too bad none of that shows up on my skin! Off to the swaps!

Another southerner here, and I must agree this is not pecan pie. Packed spices, a bready crust,and something sharpish and fruity peaking through. This is actually an excellent rendering of a mince pie in the early stages. Later the fruitiness fades and a bit of pecan peaks out. This later part of the drydown makes me think of pecan pinwheels, the little snacks you can get in gas stations and vending machines.

Rich, nutty, cinnamony pecans. With a touch of crust. This smells amazing. And if you love nutty blends, I'd definitely give this a try.

I think this is my favorite of the pie scents; the others are all too sweet for me. This one is very nutty with a hint of spice and just enough sugar. There's a slight butteriness as well.

I don't really know if this smells that much like pecan pie to me, it's more like some kind of cookie? But that doesn't matter much, it's still a sweet, nutty, slightly spicy baked good.

This is a soft light nutty scent heavy on the whip cream for me. It's not salty or buttery. Just nutty and light. I really like it, it's comforting and not too intense. It has pretty good staying power but not heavy throw. Stays close to me. Sweet little Pecan Pie.

First sniff: Spicy! This smells like cinnamon cake, or the perfume version of cake at least, the kind I don’t really like.

Wet on skin: More spicy cinnamon cake batter, no pecans or brown sugary goodness here, unfortunately. I’m really bummed that this doesn’t smell anything like pie after how good Key Lime was on me. A lot of spicy scents go kind of one-note on me, and just smell like slightly molasses-y spiced cake. It’s not offensive in any way, but it’s not something I really like or that impresses me.

Drydown: The same kind of mushy spice cake scent, with no pecan or sugar notes to be smelled. I wish this had more pecan, or any detectable pecan at all, as that’s why I got this. This one looks like it’s destined for the destash pile.

Final thoughts: Not pecan pie, but spiced cake. It’s not bad or anything, it just doesn’t smell like I wanted it to. Gonna be getting rid of this one.

Yep, like LizziesLuck, getting almost a clove single note. Cinnamon red hots. Maybe a few other spices, but mainly that one.

All the pies!!!! :wub3:

In the bottle: smells like a creamy, sugary pecan pie. My nose also detects a hint of sweet apple & plum.

Wet: plum, sugar and a hint of roasted nuts.

Dry: sugar and a mix of spice (cloves mostly, with a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon)

Edited by Waijen

Got a bottle off the Etsy sale and was so excited since I already adore banana cream pie and key lime pie. I love nuts and was expecting a nutty pie scent.

Instead I got a sharp cinnamon nutmeg scent on my skin. Don't like it at all.

No sugar, no pie crust, just cinnamon and nutmeg.

Oooo... In the last years i've learned that i love pecan in nice smelly stuff, and this is no exception. Spicy pecan delicousness!!! 🤤