Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is a fun one! I first got whiffs of both creamy coffee and buttery, boozy rum. I know it should be whiskey, but my head keeps thinking....shades of hot buttered rum.
There's even a faint whiff of toffee.
As it warmed on my skin......the most gorgeous, fresh buttery sweet roll scent started playing just off my skin.

Not like... "oh how nice... it's sort of sweet roll-ish", but honest to zod, if I didn't know it was perfume oil, I'd think I needed to lick buttery, warm, doughy sweet roll off my fingers.

But this isn't too sweet either. It's not as sweet as the cookie scents. It's a real winner of pastry, foodie, cake sitting next to an Irish coffee.

LOVE it.

It did go away a bit fast on my skin, which is unusual for the gourmands, for me...... but very yummy!

This was delicious on me, and my friend. The sad thing about the lab's foodie scents is that they don't taste as good as they smell! Great for the holidays.

I like the smell. It is definitely boozy and smells a tons like Irish cream. I don't get a lot else. I'll have to try again to see if I can find the coffee cake part. It made me hungry!

Sadly, does not last a particularly long time. I wish the foodie scents lasted longer.

In the bottle: Yep....a blast of Irish Cream! Reminds me of opening a bottle of Bailey's! :)

On skin: Mmm...I am always a bit leery about any booze scents, but Irish Cream is one that I always thinks smells great, and this, so far smells great. I get the Irish Cream and it warms up a bit and I detect a hint of cake behind it. I am not getting coffee cake out of this, but there is that sweet cake note mixing nicely with the Irish Cream.

Dry down: I really like this! Might be the cake note, but it gets a bit powdery on me, but not bad...low throw on this one and I can tell it's already fading a bit but this is a keeper!! I am looking forward to seeing how this might age! :)

Thanks MarsMomma for being such a great WC Faery!!! :luv2:

In The Bottle: Creamy, yummy, boozy Irish Cream. Front and center! :yum:

Wet On Skin: Ah! Hello, cake! I was wondering if you'd be here!

Dry Down: Another fabulous cake scent from the Lab this year, it combines exactly what the name implies. If you're a foodie, especially the type that swoons over the Lab's cake note (that's me! right here!) then definitely see if you can procure some of this.

In All: Low throw, the scent has some of the gentle sweetness of the Lab's eggnog, but with that incredible cake note to keep it from getting too sugary. Really lovely. I expect wearing this a LOT.

This smells oddly like what I recall Miskatonic University smelling like! The same irish coffee note from there... but on top of something sweet instead of wood. Also it doesn't have the musty book note. I could see people who like MU liking this, and this might have an even wider appeal because of the lack of iffy atmospheric notes like books. Personally I like MU better... but this is a nice change of pace.

Bailey's cake!

This is fresh out of the mail, but I couldn't wait to test it!!

Wet: Irish Coffee Cake! That is, boozey coffee cake. I don't actually smell a coffee note, but it smells like those round cakes you eat WITH coffee, which I have always referred to as coffee cake. Whether or not they have any real coffee in them, I couldn't tell you. I'm rambling.

Dry: Sadly, this goes a little dusty on me, as some foodie scents do. Boo! Haven't had that happen in a while, and I was beginning to think maybe my chemistry had changed and I wouldn't have this problem any more. This was amazing in the beginning! Cake is one of my favourite notes. :( I will test again once it's settled, to see if anything changes.

Ugh, this smells like Bailey's (Irish Cream) and white cake. It smells only slightly dusty as a top note, but its a foodie/cake blend. Low throw, good wear length.

Again too foodie for me, but I'm glad to test it out.

Sweet coffee and... scotch? whisky? rum? "Buttery and boozy" is spot-on. You can actually smell the wet cake somehow. But it dries to a dusty cocoa and then cinnamon, which is not as interesting.

Edited by Soupy Twist

Delicious Irish cream! Reminds me of Miskatonic University but without the dusty wood note. Which is a win for me I don't like that dust note. This is more foodie than that. It is boozy but not heavy. It's a light delicious Irish cream scent. Not much cake though maybe it'll come out with aging. Reminds me lots of Baileys. Light throw and ok staying power.

Irish cream, white cake, warm coffee, buttery caramel. It's not very boozy on me. It's very sweet and candy-ish, like walking into a See's Candy or something. All that butter, cream, and sugar in the entire shop, concentrated into one small bottle of scent. I think it's a close relation to Eat Me, but I prefer this.

I was hoping that this would smell like Miskatonic University + cake, but it smells like neither of those things to me. All I get is a weird, cloying, burnt brown sugar scent. Dry and cloying. I got my bottle off of the lab's ebay auctions.

For some reason, this smells similar to cherry cough syrup in the bottle and I'll occasionally get a hint of a coffee cake. On my skin, after five or so minutes, the cherry note fades and I get cinnamon-spiced cake. Not my fave, I'm afraid.

Edited by Needlebeak

I never knew I needed this in my life until a kind seller frottled this to me.

It's amazing!!!! Wow. Baileys Irish cream and cake.

I love cake scents, boozy scents, and coffee scents so this hits so many interests perfectly. It's very sweet and very foody with such a realistic and amazing Baileys Irish cream note. Seriously, this fragrance is so nostalgic to me. It takes me back to my college days when one of my favorite, go to drinks was coffee with tons of Baileys Irish cream added to it. If anyone else loves the way Baileys smells or has that nostalgic attachment to the smell like I do, this is a great fragrance. I will definitely treasure this one. The longevity is fantastic too.

Edited by Kanra

Chocolate and coffee cake with lots of cream and a hint of spices. This is delicious and I love how the coffee doesn't completely overshadow the cake. The coffee in here is a little similar to Miskatonic University, so if you enjoyed that you will probably love this.

I can't really detect any booze, but I don't mind because I wouldn't have wanted that to overpower the other notes. 

Soooo boozy. I'm getting a little bit of a cough syrup vibe as well. Or like dry, red wine goo. Super strong too. What am I smelling? Musk? And chocolate? I think my nose is getting more confused by the minute. Weirdly, I like it. 

On me, this is mostly sweet and boozy. I think I'm smelling rum and whiskey? There's a hint of chocolate and some light spices. The cake part of the scent doesn't manifest on me unless the cake part is like the sticky part of a sticky bun, sadly. It smells like a sweet butterscotch-y rum.

I'm glad I got to try this, but I wish I had gotten some cake along with the booze!

Edited by doomsday_disco