Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
celestia

Sugary or creamy delicate floral scents

After a super long hiatus, I've finally returned to BPAL for my sugary floral and creamy floral fix.

I've tried my best to look up the new scents but there's just so many since I've returned! I'd love some help to identify ones I simply must not miss. I gravitate towards accents with an almost ethereal quality. I really want the florals to be the dominant note.

Not a fan of spicy florals, or florals with no distinct character (generic florals). I love hope but I'm not too interested in rose dominant blends (have too many). I LOVE faith and Marie, but I'm hoping for something a little more refined, that doesn't overpower the olfactory senses with too much sugar or fruit (or so much that it becomes a foodie scent)

I love fairy market, the original midnight the midway, and have BFJA on the way as well as Muse of Fire.

Hopefully that covers it, HALP! And TIA ;3

Edited by celestia

Ooh, it sounds like we like some of the same things :D

If you can get a hold of it, Ava from the Only Lovers Left Alive collection is similar to BFJA, and it is a very nice floral with vanilla musk.

Also, some more ethereal florals are Under the Harvest Moon, Ghost Houses, and Ghost Revelry (from the current Lilith collection). They are certainly some of my own favorites in the floral department :smile:

Also, since it appears you like violet, I would recommend Le Serpent Qui Danse, which is basically vanilla + violet.

Also, the Yule scent La Befana is a nice violet-dominant sugar flower scent!

If I remember correctly, Alice was a creamy floral to my nose.

Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Wow, Ava sons like something I have to track down! Faith and Marie are my go to violet scents so I'm trying to balance it out... But I'll keep them in mind because they sound glorious!

The reviews on Alice sounded like a little too almondy and spice to be a dominant floral so I'm a little hesitant!

See if you can get your hands on Fairy Thorn: "an eerie veil of vanilla musk twirled with tuberose, Siamese red benzoin, cassis flower, Irish moss, white sandalwood, plum nectar, violet leaf, and apple petals." It was an LE but not that long ago and I don't think it's rare.

I also wonder if you might like Belle Epoque: "Sweet opium, Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood."

(The easy way to Holy Graildom for me seems to be combining vanilla with sandalwood, so my recs may be a bit skewed in that direction. LOL)

The reviews on Alice sounded like a little too almondy and spice to be a dominant floral so I'm a little hesitant!

I didn't get any spice (one of the reasons she didn't work for me!)

I thought it was very pretty, but I ended up rehoming it to my daughter who likes the softer type scents. Its worth a try! I guess sometimes its just a matter of skin chemistry. Good luck in your scent quest!

Edited to add a few more recommendations - Mouses Long and Sad Tale and The Last Unicorn

Edited by ziggystardust13

@lady_pandora Ooooh, adding Fairy Thorn to the list, the reviews sound lovely! I feel Belle Epoche might sing the mandarin note too much, but if I see it pop up, I'll keep it in mind :D

@ziggystardust13 I tend to amp spices so if there's a consistent mention on it in the reviews, I shy away, but you're right- it's definitely worth a try! And I loved Mouses Long and Sad Tale! - On me though, it was less about the floral and more about the sweet pea. Did the white chocolate and coconut note in The Last Unicorn have a non-foodie quality to it? I'd like to add it but I'm worried it might turn the scent into a foodie one! (Sorry for the questions, haha)

@lady_pandora Ooooh, adding Fairy Thorn to the list, the reviews sound lovely! I feel Belle Epoche might sing the mandarin note too much, but if I see it pop up, I'll keep it in mind :D

@ziggystardust13 I tend to amp spices so if there's a consistent mention on it in the reviews, I shy away, but you're right- it's definitely worth a try! And I loved Mouses Long and Sad Tale! - On me though, it was less about the floral and more about the sweet pea. Did the white chocolate and coconut note in The Last Unicorn have a non-foodie quality to it? I'd like to add it but I'm worried it might turn the scent into a foodie one! (Sorry for the questions, haha)

The mandarin in Belle Epoque was super quiet on me, but YMMV! It definitely behaved itself.

Wow, Ava sons like something I have to track down! Faith and Marie are my go to violet scents so I'm trying to balance it out... But I'll keep them in mind because they sound glorious!

Alice is all creamy spicy carnation on me. Since you already mentioned you don't like spicy florals, it might not be for you. I adore it, but I love carnations.

I was going to suggest Muse of Fire, but I see you're already hunted it down.

My favourite florals are usually rose dominant, but it looks like you've got that base covered! I'm not going to be much help. So, just saying hi really, and wishing you good luck finding the perfect floral!

Katrina Van Tassel and Peach IX - the former is "White rose and honeyed cream", but something about the white part doesn't scream rose to me. The latter is "Rose musk, peach blossom, and vanilla cream", and it's pretty similar but peachy instead of rosy.

They're both sweet, creamy, and floral, but without being cloying or punch-you-in-the-face-flower.

You might like Pele, I find it to be a soft creamy white floral smell that isn't harsh in the least. The sad thing is that it is a bit faint, but I loved it when I had it and would always slather. At least it's GC so it won't break the bank ;)

@LizziesLuck: hi ;D and backing up muse of fire makes me relieved that I'm getting some sent blind! Haha so it's great help!

@Andyl: I've sniffed KVT and have liked it quite a bit, actually! I think it was a little too one dimensional for me though :( did you find the peach ix to be a little too powdery or soapy by any chance?

@AmandaKay: Sounds like an interesting summer blend, thanks for the rec!

@vanilla323 oh wow, definitely something I have to add! Was this a one dimensional scent for you because of the simplicity of the notes? Or did it end up smelling more complex on the dry down?

So grateful for all these suggestions! Keep them coming! ;D

Edited by celestia

It was mostly just peony which was a soft sweet floral and the vanilla in the background made it more lush. It was a two note scent but definitely worth tracking down! ;)

@vanilla323 will try! Hopefully I can find a decant floating around...bottle prices from the US have skyrocketed to the point I can't justify just one bottle per purchase anymore :(

@lookingglass I have snow white 07 and it never really bloomed florals on me, but it's an incredible scent! I may have to try again now that you've bought it up! Haha. I also have some pink snowballs en route which I understand to be a bit of rise with snowwhite. Crossing fingers the florals sing on me now

I didn't find Peach IX at all powdery or soapy - it was very similar to KVT on me, just with a different floral. Juicy and sweet.

I didn't find Peach IX at all powdery or soapy - it was very similar to KVT on me, just with a different floral. Juicy and sweet.

I don't have much experience with bpal's peach, but the reviews sound nommy!

Ghost Revelry (damp mosses, fallen leaves, and soft woods swirled with an ethereal mist of white sandalwood, lilac, orris root, and moonflower) from the recent Lilith collection is a pretty, delicate non-foody floral. The Phoenix At Dawn (past LE - pink rose, apricot, orange blossom, carnation, red sandalwood, lemon blossom, rose musk, Madagascar vanilla, white wine grape, pink grapefruit, and white patchouli) is also a very pretty pink-and-yellow scent if you're okay with citrus. It has a bit of a creamsicle quality from the citruses and vanilla but I wouldn't call it foody.

@Floria- I've been looking at Ghost Revelry after people have been commenting on it! I might see if i can scout around for an imp! I wasn't sure about the notes but based on the comments, it sounds like something I need to try! I'm not a fan of creamy citrus scents though, but the notes listed for Phoenix at Dawn do sound appealing! hmmm

@lookingglass- BPAL's honey has been notoriously bad on me (it makes me smell like old, aging asian elders - the kind I get when I walk into my relative's home) . I remember champaca flower smelling a little woody on me too so I'm not so sure those notes would work on me and I think the cinnamon may make it a little too spicy. Could you maybe elaborate how it worked on you? ;D I used to never bat an eyelid when I thought a scent with components i didn't like would ever appeal to me. And i'd refuse it automatically- but I learnt my lesson a while ago when I was introduced to some scents that made me re-evaluate that whole concept, so I'm all ears! haha

I'm all about the honey and "old lady" scents, so you may not want to take advise from me! :wink:

I found Defututa to be ...a sweet creamy floral! It is not an overly spicy scent; I don't think a lay person would smell it and go: "CINNIMON!", and while I am often sensitive to it, it didn't break me out. I think it's very pleasent and easy to wear...sweet but kind of fresh, too. I don't usually wear many florals, but Defutua makes the list. It's definately a sexy honey scent!

I'm wearing Kali today, and wanted to suggest her as well! Again...honey! with a splash of fruity wine, rich florals, and a dust of cocoa. I like the balance of creamy, dusty, and floral in this blend.

Sign in to follow this