Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Timber for Bones and Windows for Eyes Atmosphere Spray

A house as old as this one… Becomes, in time, a living thing – it may have timber for bones and windows for eyes and – sitting here — all alone – it can go slowly mad. It starts holding on to things – keeping them alive, when they shouldn’t be – inside its walls – Some of them good, some are bad… and some… Some should never be spoken about again…

This atmo spray is dark, old wood that has been wet and cold for a very long time. There is something else to it, a creeping, inky shadow to it that tempers it from smelling like just elements of a building. There is spirit here.

I picked up a small decant of this one on a whim and ooo, it's nice. Definitely woodish, but there's almost something spicy going on with it too? :think: There's no notes for this one so I don't know for sure but... I think there might be some dirt in here... or at the least there's some sort of very fresh earthiness to this one but yet it smells old at the same time. Will revisit once I've had some more time with my sample, but I think I might need a bottle of this one. :biggrin:

I can definitely smell old, crumbly wood, with a hint of sweet decay (maybe a slight vanilla note to my nose?) and earthiness. There's also a sharp, chilly note that I can't quite identify, but it changes the woody scent to something more sinister.

This is definitely evocative of a dark, cold, crumbling house, but somehow still smells lovely.

Spicy wood, a bit of vanilla, a whisp of decay and mint. This is another lovely scent and bottle-worthy, if only I had unlimited funds.

Smells like spiced, stewed plums (dark, spicy, slightly sour) and dark, rich rosewood. Has too much of a dry, woody cinnamon quality to it, and that starts to give me a headache after a while.