Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

The Golden Hour Atmosphere Spray

The last fleeting moments of sunset, casting a perfect, magical, golden light across a damask-adorned dining room, bathing a father and daughter in an enchanted glow.

This really is a golden, perfect scent. But it is warm and golden in a way that isn't sharp or bright, but warm and soothing. There is a vanilla softness to this that also illustrates a warm luminescence. There is also a richness to it that deepens the vanilla in a way that grounds it and doesn't leave it too etheral.

This has a warmth to the smell. It feels very soothing, and reminds me of being a little girl, waiting for my dad to come home from work. I can smell a bit of honey and would love to get notes on it sometime, but it's beautiful.

Ooof, The Golden Hour is gorgeous. I'm getting vanilla, amber, maybe a verrrry light linen note, and a drop of something darker/resiny. It's very emblematic of golden light and has a purity about it that's really appealing. For those who loved The British Blondes (one of my favorite atmos ever!), this feels related—similar ambered, golden light, and a sense of wealth and largesse.

This one is surprisingly light while being warm and comforting, perfect for my pillowcase.

I'm picking up a softly sweet vanilla/honey note and also some light amber. The Golden Hour is so well-blended that it's difficult to pick out separate notes, but very evocative of the golden light of sunset. I think this one actually helped me sleep more peacefully!

This is very beautiful. As the previous reviewers have said, I think this is a blend of vanilla and amber and something else resinous, perhaps a touch of myrrh? It gives the feeling of gentle warmth, and is another amazing Crimson Peak atmo that I want to wear as a perfume!

This is so beautiful!

A pure, warm amber that envelops you in, indeed, a golden light. It's pretty straightforward and has good throw.

This is so beautiful! It really does convey a magical and nostalgic moment. Quite cuddly too.

I imagine a Victorian girl dressed in lovely frills and poofs of fabric, reading in her picture-perfect room.

It doesn't feel too reserved, though, as she's enveloped in a familiar warmth and surrounded by things she loves.

If I had to guess notes, I would say vanilla, benzoin, soft (not ozone-y) linen, grey ambergris, oudh and possibly a light mint.

In my mind this is a mix of the best aspects of Bourbon Vanilla BO, Implacable Beautiful Tyrant HG and Go to Sleep, Darlings.

Bourbon Vanilla has a vaguely floral vibe to me and comes across as too typically "perfume."

In comparison, TGH has a more edible vanilla thanks to the mash-up of sweeter notes behind it, even though it still feels lady-like.

The mint(?) is very similar to GtS, Darlings or Snow White. It's soft, dainty and sweet rather than candy cane.

And I say IBT because I could swear there's that delicious, rich oudh in the background. Maybe it's frankincense, but my guess is oh-so-lovely oudh.

I actually don't get a "sunlight vibe" from this scent, but there's a cool warmth, if that makes sense.

It feels like a vintage painting. The color and the beauty is there, but it's a bit muted and faded around the edges.

It even comes across a little snowy. Colors: pearl white and goldenrod.

I spray atmos in my hair most of the time, and though I think this is very wearable in general, TGH will be perfect for feeling breezy yet elegant in hotter weather.

Golden amber, touch of vanilla, whiff of linen, and I get oudh or frankincense on the drydown. It has a sunshine/warm light vibe to it. It's rich and comforting.

I actually think I like Cushing Manor better. In some ways, the Golden Hour is a heavier, warmer variation on that.

This is a really warm, rich scent. Amber for sure. I'm not getting vanilla. Something cologne-like as well. Maybe some frankincense? I'm having a hard time picking out notes. I like it enough that I'll use up my decant, but i don't think I need a full bottle.

To me, this smells like warm, golden musk and warm, powdery, golden amber.
Resinous, musky and powdery. Delicately sweet. Too powdery for my tastes.

This review isn't going to be nearly as thorough as my perfume reviews so far (not that those are super in-depth, but the format is different in that I'll just describe the scents I'm detecting).

The first thing I get is a sugary vanilla cream sort of smell as well as amber and a powdery finish. I find it warm and comforting, so I sprayed it around my pillows before going to bed. There's something else in there as well; presumably it's the frankincense everyone is mentioning. I probably won't go too wild with the spritzing since I feel the sweet and powdery aspects could overwhelm me slightly by becoming too heavy, but I do enjoy the scent for relaxing.

I really wanted the perfume, as it sounded like it was right up my alley, but I am not willing to pay an arm and a leg for it, so I thought that this was the next best thing. Right off, a gorgeous amber with vanilla, kind of sweet. I love this scent, but it only lasts awhile in my room. It seems more suited to cooler months, so I'll probably spritz this on my clothes when late summer rolls around.

Delicious vanilla without being foodie. It gives me some of the same vibes the lace scents do. I also see the parallels with British Blondes but I get definite tobacco from BB where as GH is pure vanilla amber. One spritz is lovely, two is heavenly, three is overbearing and too much.

I use it in my library, which is a fancy way of saying an office with bookcases. It feels very decadent and Victorian. It’s perfect for curling up in a big armchair with a good book on a drizzly gray day.