Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

The Cemetery, Many Years Ago Atmosphere Spray

A solemn, pale child standing amongst snow-laden tombs as wet flakes descend from a leaden sky.

Earth, moss and stone. The snow note here is neither minty nor piney. It is merely cold and almost like the absence of warmth itself.

Wish I could pick up on the stone and earth notes. To me, it is sweet and it reminds me a lot of Bon Vivant when sprayed on something. I will test it again when I have a chance to just spray it in the air of the room.

Edited by meadow_fabulous

Snow, stone, moss and something that smells like a wispy floral. This one is actually rather pretty. And funnily enough, very apropos for the office. Smells nice, classic but pretty.

I'm terrible at identifying notes.

I was, however, immediately transported to the entrance of the cemetery where my father was laid to rest, the impossible cold of the day we couldn't bury him because it was too cold in the Pennsylvania mountains to dig the hole where would eventually lay, and the green of the summer 10 years later when I stood in the same entrance, staring at the vault where he'd rested until they'd been able to give him the permanent plot that became his without knowing quite what I saw, waiting to find out where he actually lay, and standing in the shade not far from there where he rests now, forever.

If this scent is meant to take us to the cemetery, many years ago, the fact that I was, in that moment, as the first whiff hit my senses, transported to my own central cemetery, so many years ago, I would say that Beth & Puddin have succeeded.

I will add that although this could be acutely painful, there is a sweetness behind the smell that manages to make it wistful, as if holding me not in the grief of loss, but in the joy of memories, of a life lived well, bringing back not the pain of my father's loss, but the joy of being loved by so amazing a human being.

Upon initial spray, the dirt scent that I love so much is the first thing I smell, but then it quickly turns into the same sweet snow scent that is in Crimson Peak perfume. This is lovely, soft and gentle, and it really does make me feel as if I was standing at dusk near a fresh grave while the snow slowly starts to fall. Nailed it, Beth! So gorgeous!

I like this one a lot! I'm not usually a fan of the lab's snow note (I traded my Blue Spruce and Snow-Capped Pine Atmo because it gave me a headache) but the snow note in this is somehow...fizzy? I think it's the Bon Vivant thing meadow_fabulous mentioned upthread. The notes other than the snow are hard to pick out, but I'm getting a little bit of stone, a little bit of moss, all overlaid by the sparkly, slightly sweet snow. This is actually really pretty and kind of elegant. Considering getting a bottle of this.

I agree that this is similar to the Crimson Peak perfume oil. Tons of snow note - sweet and slushy, slightly minty. Clean and cool. I only have a decant of this, but it doesn't smell earthy to me at all. Snow single note.