Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Lucille's Room Atmosphere Spray

A room of cobalt hues, shadowed, with walls adorned innumerable pinned butterflies and moths. Lilac water, fossilized black amber, lily of the valley, violet leaf, and oakmoss.

This room is dark, dusty and somehow sharp. The amber really doesn't come through, nor does the lilac. The violet is the most prominent floral note. But over all it is rather old and dusty and it does feel like there is something heady and formal about it as well. Old world, for sure.
Edited by Absinthetics

Lucille's Room is a darkish floral, full of blues and purples, but it's not heavy. The oakmoss, lilac, and amber lead, with the violet leaf and lily of the valley right behind them...like a perfumed skirt trail going up a slightly dusty staircase. I gave the curtains in my office a gentle spritz, and now the whole room smells like soft florals, dark amber, and that bottom note of oakmoss, which gives it an old-world, slightly ominous feel. A great capture of faded decadence—aristocracy held onto by tooth and nail, and something fragile pinned.

It smells a little like the florals in Butterfly Garden, but paired with deeper, richer notes that make it seem more subdued and darker. It smells like springtime florals suspended in time, trapped, beautiful, but brooding and not allowed to flourish. Gorgeous.

Decrepid florals and crystalline darkness, best sum this up for me. The flora is strong with this one, but made tolerably opulent with a darker dominating note just beneath the surface, winding it's way through (likely the fossilized black amber) and casting it's glimmer upon them.

It does smell like the florals are pinned down or encapsuled so that they are just hovering in place. Suspended in time as savage_rose wrote, is exactly how I would describe it!

Lovely, haunting. You do not need many spritzes with this, it will last and linger.

I keep saying that I'm not a "floral person" but I'm going to have to use a different way to phrase that. I tend to think of floral as light, sharp, soapy, and mostly headache-inducing. Lucille's room is none of these! Dark lovely perfumed florals are my jam! I want to wear this as a perfume. My review will be mostly worthless because I can't describe the notes, but the feeling of this spray is so evocative of what I imagined. Such an old world genteel lady's room, fading sadly into a hint of decay and madness around her. A little goes a long way and it's very long lasting. I'm going to use this in my Forbidden Brides locket, which is usually reserved for Lucy in Darkness.

I LOVE THIS MASTERPIECE! :heart:

I wish this was a perfume, but I was able to test this and sprayed it on my scarf. I'm in love. It's a dark floral and has a bit of somberness to it. I feel like I stepped back in time with it, as it reminds me of my great-aunt's house. I need a huge bottle of this, ASAP!

I currently have my face smushed into a pillow spritzed with Lucille's Room.

Wow. It's gorgeous. The throw is primarily amber, but when I move my face closer the lilac sings out beautifully. I don't get much of the other notes, this is beautifully blended, with amber and lilac at the forefront to my nose. Just beautiful, and I want to spray it on everything. I know I will use this a lot in the spring and will likely throw caution to the wind and spray it in my hair. So lovely!

This is very pretty and a little melancholy.

It is strongest on the lilac and violet, with a nice, slightly earthy, moss background.

It is very light and doesn't have a huge throw.

Oh man, Lucille's Room to me has a ton of violet and lily of the valley, tinged with lilac and some moss. It's a dark, romantic, floral. It's purple, slightly oppressive and very very gothic. It's deeply feminine, but in the same way a femme fatale is feminine.

Enter at your own risk.

I get the lilac water and amber immediately, with the lily of the valley, moss, and violet leaf following.

This is blended very well, creating a classic, timeless, albeit sinister scene.

Like a lilac bush in full bloom before it decays, or a large dark room with only a beam of sunlight - that you aren't welcome in.

Lucille's fragrances are, in my opinion, the best of the Crimson Peak line. I loved the Lucille Sharpe and Black Moths perfume oils, and this is my favorite of the atmosphere sprays. The black amber is like a dark, rich amber musk with a vanilla edge to it (same as in the Thomas Sharpe blend, appropriately), mixed with swirls of cool, sombre florals. It's all purple shadows and gothic romance.

Cool, dusky, and ethereal, like soft shadows in a room with fluttering curtains and an open window.  This is definitely floral, but there's so much going on with my nose that I'm not sure exactly what I'm smelling.  There's a gentle sweetness to it and it evokes muted shades of lavander and blue.  I haven't looked at the notes in a while, but under the florals I think I might detect the faaaaintest whiff of cedar.  I remember it having lilac in it, but this doesn't scream lilac to me, even though it's floral.  

Ok.  Looking at the notes - I think the sweetness I'm getting is from the lily and the oak moss and amber givesit the depth and soft, dusty plushness that i'm detecting.  It's really beautiful, elegant, and very different from what I was expecting.  This kinda makes me want to go crazy and buy all the CP room spray.  For a room that needs a splash of subdued, feminine elegance this is perfect.