Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Cushing Manor Atmosphere Spray

A stately brick mansion glowing with warmth: bay rum, fine whiskey, white carnations, and hearth wood.

Oh what a beautiful, warm scent. It smells like a place where dinner is cooking, and all candles are lit for you to sit with loved ones. There is a sweet spiceyness that must come from the carnation. This sweetness becomes foody from the bay rum and whiskey notes. But underneath it all you get some of that hearth wood that settles it all down some, but not after first being quite foodie.
Edited by Absinthetics

Oh god, this smells like a masculine Belle Epoque to me. It's got that turn of the century/Art Nouveau vibe - rich details, clean lines. A grand home with lit candles and dinner. I get rum, wood, whiskey and a touch of the spicy carnation.

This honest to god would make any living room smell like you're in a mansion, like Great Gatsby. Just money, class, refinement.

I may have to track more of this down.

Agree fully with what Absinthetics says... sniffing it in the decant, there is a warm, spicy carnation. But to me, it is very nice as I am not a fan of any kind of floral notes, this is a beauty! Sprayed, it does warm up and I get that soft boozy note, and I almost get something that is almost cherry, but the hearth wood spice balances it out. I love this! Almost wish it was a hair gloss!! :)

Another spot-on spray- it's no accident these are called "atmosphere" sprays, because this perfectly evokes the atmosphere of the genteel turn of the century manor in my mind. I can smell spicy woods, a blend of the carnation and bay rum, and a hint of whiskey, all melded together into a rich warm scent. I want to live here! Just gorgeous!

cushing manor is cozy and warm. sweetness from the bay rum and whiskey without smelling "boozy" or bar fly-riffic.

the carnation offers that warm, clove-y spice.

and the hearth wood gives a rich warm foundation. very unisex.

these are big notes, but the throw and longevity are low and light.

delicious and addictive

I find Cushing Manor to be very masculine smelling, with the bay rum and whiskey. Bay rum smells like sweet clove and warm, dry wood, with a slinky, dark, boozy whiskey note backing it up. I don't pick up on the carnation. Spicy, warm and boozy.

Divine. This is very carnation forward to start off. I don't specifically get bay but I do get an overall simmering booziness and the woods are grounding, keeping this from becoming thin and high. Cozy but high-brow :-)

i mostly get boozy woods with a hint of carnation. i just love these sort of scents in winter. it brings to mind an old study with a roaring fire while it's cold outside. warming and cozy. really like this one and i'll definitely keep my decant.