Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Dream Awake Nail Lacquer

Gleaming metallic gold flares of a powerful imagination. The gilded sheen of a muse’s kiss, the glimmering, vivid glow of a story burning to be told.

This is a metallic nail polish that clearly has some yellow to it, but resides in between a silver and a sunlit yellow. One coat does the trick!

Edit: Wow. I have had this on since the 22nd, and it is now the 28th and it HAS NOT CHIPPED! This is some crazy dark magic! WOW!!! There is some wear at the tips of the nails, but I mean... I have not been kind to them. I go to the gym every day, and I have cooked for the holidays and it has stayed on!

Edited by Absinthetics

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I usually do silver shimmer, but thought I'd try the gold as well.

In the bottle: Liquid gold dust.

One coat: One coat gives plenty of coverage, adding a golden sparkle to your fingertips.

Two coats: A second coat makes the shimmer a little thicker, maybe.

33574_900.jpg

Verdict: Keeper, but I'm more likely to get a backup bottle of the silver.

I really enjoyed how pretty this was. It reminded me of Sally Hansen's Chrome polishes from about 16 years ago. It's a lighter yellow gold. I almost always do two coats of a polish and it was the perfect amount for even coverage. A beautiful colour; very classy. I'll probably be keeping this in high rotation.

I am in looooove with this scent. First of all, I love gold, and this is a lovely paler gold, but still distinctly gold, not brassy. I keep waving my hands around looking at it when I wear it. I feel classy as f. :D

On 11/22/2015 at 12:48 PM, absinthetics said:
This is a metallic nail polish that clearly has some yellow to it, but resides in between a silver and a sunlit yellow. One coat does the trick!

@absinthetics is right, this is a one-coat coverage metallic, right in between silver & gold. Bright & shiny, in no way subdued. It reminds me of gold lamé, or gold leaf. This will be versatile for me. Happy I got it.

I bought this maybe 2020. As much as I love it, with the color being a slightly pale gold, it peels & scratches off easily. It is a one coat paint, which is lovely. I've tried many ways to put a clear coat on top without it turning or staying wet, even when the polish has dried first. Perhaps I'll try a UV top coat. So I just use it for my pinky nails now instead of all my nails. I plan to buy more bottles in the future however.

Edited by Rane.