Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
whoahorsey

All That I Possess

I am here with all that I possess, Sir – A name, a patch of land and the will to make it yield. The least you can grant me is the courtesy of your time and the chance to prove it to you, and these fine gentlemen, that my will, dear Sir, is at the very least, as strong as yours.

Amber, clove and leather takes shape through the scent of raw determination; a fortitude born of having nothing left to lose. In the background, guiac wood, white sandalwood, and myrrh forms the dust of long-forgotten aspirations and hope on the verge of being forever relinquished.

Oooh, this is lovely.

In the bottle, I smell nothing but leather and clove.

Wet on skin: leather, leather, leather. I love the lab's leather note -- I will never stop kicking myself for selling my bottle of De Sade right before it was DC'ed. But some leathers can be a bit too sharp and masculine for me to actually use. As I applied to my skin and sniffed, I thought "Lovely scent, but far too manly for me. I'll pass this bottle along to my brother for his birthday next week."

Drydown: Well, guess what? My brother is out of luck. lol When this oil dried and mellowed on my skin, it turned into lovely soft, warm leather and the sandalwood came out to play. The sharpness of the cloves mellowed out and gave it a warmth. It reminds me a bit of Dee, one of my favorites on the more manly spectrum. It's a little masculine, but not in an aftershave kind of way. It just smells like a refined library filled with leather-bound books and perhaps some sandalwood trinkets from far-away lands.

Honestly, I don't get any amber from this at all, which is surprising, as my skin usually amps amber to the nth degree.

This one's a keeper!

I'm unbelievably lazy so here is the review I posted on my blog:

Immediately on, it smells like an equal blend of clove and leather. This was a relief to me, as my past experience with leather scents has been a very intense leather, which tends to make them too masculine for me. (I feel bad saying this? I don’t think scents should be gendered, but here I am, gendering them. Sigh.) Nonetheless, I really like leather as a scent, and was excited to try this one; clove, another scent you wouldn’t think of as soft or feminine, really does soften up this leather. As with my first sniff of it in the bottle, it’s prominently leather but not the kind of leather that says “genre: western”. This is leather so old and so softened by time and use it doesn’t squeak or shine anymore.

It’s barely been on the skin a few minutes when a richly sweet, but still rather light, element comes in, and something that I swear smells green on me. I think this might be the white sandalwood in part, but it comes off creamy, fresh and somehow green. Then as time goes on the leather becomes a bit more straightforward, but still not overpowering or masculine. I swear there’s like a white musk, white flowers note in this, but there’s no such thing in the description! I suppose it could just be the amber, which I always find to be a beautiful scent.

This is a clean and fresh scent dirtied by the faint clove and the leather. I hate to be that person, but this scent feels incredibly apt for the moment in the film it’s representative of. I didn’t snag a bottle of Thomas, but I can’t honestly picture any other blend of notes embodying this character this well. This scent is the innocence of someone who fundamentally stopped developing in childhood, the worn leather of clothes he can’t afford to get repaired and the dust and wood of a workshop alive with mad hope - and at the farthest edges, the darkness of what must be done for this dream encroaches.

But also it just smells really really good on me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This scent smells ancient, fierce, watchful. Like something dry, powdered resins, and a wisp of fougere. It smelled kind of woody and weird in the bottle, but on it's oddly lovely.

There's something classical but strange about this scent.

Leather and amber surrounded by wood and resins with a layer of dust on it...long forgotten. The faint whiff of cologne once spilled, now dry, but still lingering.

Thankfully the clove is subdued.

An intriguing scent and one that I'll treasure.

This smells oddly floral on me. Which makes no sense considering the notes, but it smells like a light white floral with white leather and very little to ground it. weird.

right off it smells kind of...airy and linen-y? i don't know how to describe it. definitely dusty as the description mentions...maybe it's the myrrh and woods? after a few seconds i get the amber and leather and it gets much more leathery, but it's mostly dusty woods. i don't seem to get any cloves at all. i dunno, i'm not really feeling this one, personally. after awhile it's like a clean leather scent, which seems a bit at odds, at least with my skin chemistry.

Edited by theseagrows

I was frimped a full decant of this by my lovely decantress, which is exciting because I hoped to eventually try it.

In the imp I initially smell mild clove and the leather. Clove amps on me, but I love it, while leather can be iffy. Fortunately, this is the soft, non-chemical, glove or suede leather scent that I can wear. I can smell the powdery mingling of amber and myrrh, but there is something else. Something that I can't quite identify but that makes me keep sniffing my wrist. Slightly sour but not sour, metallic but not metallic, I can't find the words. I think of Thomas' machine and the clay he is trying to mine... the sadness that surrounds him. Upon drydown, this is a gentle spicy work of art. Love this and need to get a bottle!

Manly. I get clovey leather. So in some ways this kinda reminds me to Spanked? Clove, brown leather, and a touch of amber and sandalwood. It's not as aggressive as Spanked was, but its more of a gentle spiced leather cologne. So I like this better than Spanked, but I've been on a big clove kick lately.

It does give you that determination inspiration, but not in your face. Just sort of quiet determination.

Clove, leather, rugged.

This is mainly myrrh and leather on me. There is a hint of the clove, and a bit of woodiness as well.

Very rugged and masculine, in my opinion.

Not something I would wear, but it fits the concept well.

This is soft and supple leather, the light brown that's been bleached by sun and use. The clove is soft, but gives a touch of it's spice to it. The myrrh and guiacwood give a golden feel, and the amber gives it a shine. The CP line feels like it is the height of Beth's work so far.

Gah, the whole Crimson Peak line is killing me! I want everything!

Wet: Oh that's good. Amber forward, as anything with amber is on me. The leather seems to be of the variety that I can wear, so that' pretty exciting. The clove is not amping to high heaven, it's just a warm spiciness added to the woods. This is so nice. I think it would actually smell fantastic on a guy too, very unisex.

Dry: Once dried this is mostly leather on me, and some warm woods and spices. It's really nice, but I think I would prefer it on a man. This would be sooo sexy on a guy....

I've been waffling over whether or not I want a bottle of this one, and I think I've settled on just keeping my decant. I like the soft, well worn, sweet, brown smelling leather and spicy clove note, but the amber and white sandalwood turn baby powdery on my skin. It has an edge of warm, golden resin and a bit of a men's cologne feel, but the powder winds up making the whole thing smell a little off on me.

I love this scent. Its a warm leather, like a jacket thats been left out in the sun. Theres a spicyness to it and hint of mens cologne. I want to wrap myself in this scent

wHY ARE THESE ALL SO PRETTY.

It smells like an evil, brooding, dusty, watchful and empty place. What place? No idea. Could be the heart of the dressed/stressed to impress sir Thomas Sharpe.

Very masculine, almost herbal with a lovely amber embracing the whole thing like a hug. Gorgeous.

Edited by Cali

This is gorgeous. Was lucky that another person found the smell off putting and now it's in my clutches forever and ever. Initially, at first application, this is the scent of a jacket loaned to you from a sex, good-smelling dude, just because you said you were cold. I smell no clove, no amber, just a warm leathery scent and a hint of linen. As it dries down, some of the warmth fades and it becomes cooler, the linen notes coming forward with a hint of something colder, the emptiness that is mentioned by others, and it is now the smell of a leather jacket that's been hanging in the closet all year until now, worn now for the first time this season. I can't stop smelling it. I love it.

I find the leather in this so unbelievably snugly and warm that I use this as a sleep scent. FYI: Leather hater/distruster here!  The leather note feels worn and soft, and as if the inside liner of a well loved jacket has the remnants of a cologne clinging to the fabric. We all know that scent, right? That scent you find in the cuff of your jacket and suddenly bury your nose into the fabric and try to remember what perfume you had worn the last time you had this jacket on because it smells like the prettiest fragrance in your collection in this moment. Well, *that scent* is whats clinging to the  lining this leather jacket. I am not getting a strong impression of clove, its there, but more subdued and if I did not specifically read scent notes, would just have lumped it into that category of “jumble of supporting pretty notes” that I am finding so pleasing in the liner of this jacket.   It is the jumble of scent accords clinging to the lining of this jacket that make this blend feel sentimental and elevate a leather blend to something other worldly and away from the initial masculine impressions leather imparts. . 

Also, I am pairing it with Deserted Theater Atmo for a beautiful atmospheric ambiance that reminds me of reading a spooky book in a debilitated library. Perfect! 

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg