Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shibagast

Lady Lucille Sharpe

Love makes monsters of us all: faded red roses and a glimmer of garnet with black lily, ylang ylang, smoky plum musk and black amber.

I really love this scent. It's somehow florally while managing to be sort of dark and grotesque. I definitely also get a elegant Victorian vibe that reminds me of one of the velvet dresses that she'd wear, swishing off into the darkness to cause some chaos. "Lucille Sharpe" is definitely worthy of her namesake--- like rotting florals covered with a splash of blood. So yummy.

Lucille is beautiful, a smoky gem of a fragrance. I always worry that ylang ylang will be too much, but it's nicely balanced here. This wears like a classic, vintage perfume from the 40s...it's shadowy and elegant. The faded red roses are a nice touch, and add a bit of pathos. This dries down to a plummy, musky amber with a veil of red rose and a bit of sharpness from the ylang ylang. Lovely!

When I initially tested my Lucille decant a few weeks ago I was disappointed. I got a rose heavy floral which did smell Victorian but also kind of generic. That said, I don't know if my nose was overwrought or Lucille just needed a few weeks of aging to bring everything together, but I've just purchased a bottle.

I still get a lot of rose, but the scent has much more complexity. The lily balances out the rose, the ylang ylang adds a heady sweetness, and the black amber lingers in the background adding depth and softness and binding everything together in a shroud of dark luxury. Surprisingly, the plum isn't prominent on me, though I do get subtle hints of it upon deep sniffage. I can see the comparisons to Dior's Poison, though that always came off as "grapey" to me and Lucille doesn't. Lucille also reminds me of Black Rose with it's unmistakably dark, velvety, floral vibe.

This is the perfume of a woman of power, seduction, and wealth. She's not sweet or nice and she doesn't care if you like her, but you WILL notice and obey her.

lots and lots of amber with just a hint of rose and something very rich and fruity which must be the "smoky plum musk." i am a big fan of this smoky plum musk! as it dries, it gets smokier. very dark and complex and quite elegant. i could definitely imagine wearing this one.

In The Bottle: Floral musk with whispers of amber.

Wet: Amber, Berries and a complex smell that you can't quite place.

Dry: Soft and sweet powder. The complex smell from above stays and adds to the smell of the powder

Overall: This has to be the most complicated scent of the Crimson Peak line that I have smelled. It's a floral musk with fruity complex undertones that dies down to an aristocratic, soft, feminine smell. I imagine that this is what Vanessa Ives would smell like. I'm very tempted to buy a back up bottle.

I usually don't comment on reviews but I just had to with this one. I'm not great at describing scents but I will give it a go. While looking at the notes I wasn't sure that this one would work for me. However, after watching the movie and reading a few reviews back in mid November I decided to go for it. I absolutely love it and find it to be very wearable. My mom especially has a hard time with most of my bpal choices and this is one she hasn't complained about when I go to visit.

The scent itself is a really complex blend. I was afraid that it would be too floral for my liking but it is perfect. The smoky plum musk and black amber round the scent off and turn it into a dark seductive powerful scent. I have worn it to my past 2 surgeries because the imagery it invokes in me helps bring my mind to a place that I feel I can get through anything.

I will definitely be buying back ups.

For such a dark scent, this is fairly gentle. It's amazing how it manages to be both sophisticated conventional perfume and something decadent. It's seductive and slightly deranged, but well-mannered enough for most situations and not too forward. "Aristocratic" nails it.

Most of the scent is black silk and fading roses, but the garnet note stands out quite a bit. It's just so dead on. A wine-dark, cold crystal.

There's not a huge throw, but this lasts.

Notes remind me of both Skadi and Black Lily.

Very fruity and floral, and as the hours pass it becomes more and more powdery. It's very dark and mysterious without being overpowering, and the roses come out more on the dry down, I quite like it. As someone said above, this has a very vintage feel.

for Lucille, I was expecting something more agressive and brutal/bare... However this is way more fitting then I could've imagined.
It's intricate and cold with lovely plum and those pretty flowers... And it certainly has something brooding in there. I kind of need a backup bottle. Gorgeous.

Yet again, the Crimson Peak scents are just magical. There are so many notes that usually give me pause, but that just work beautifully in these scents. This is soft fading roses and a whiff of lily anchored by ylang ylang and dark musks. The latter being notes I am usually wary of, but they work beautifully here. The amber starts to come in as it dries as it usually does on me. I get why everyone has been raving about this one.

lucille o lucille, you echo me, captivate me... and finally, i feel worthy to write you a review, after wearing you a to the base of the bottle...

ylang ylang and black amber are the backbone

showcased are darkest plum upon application, inky musk follows. together, the deep hues veil the red envy stricken roses. lily is negligible. perhaps a top note to offset the powdery often associated w a strong amber.

the black amber and ylang, is still the soul of this, now cloaked in a deep cold silvery purple velvet dress, lined in the most brilliant garnet silk.

so beautiful and haunting.

For some reason I expected more from Lady Lucille. The wailing and gnashing of teeth that arose when she sold out gave her this legendary status, this hype, that I just dont get. She makes me feel cold. The scent is very floral and ice cold and I dont warm to her in any sense. I respect her, but I dont want to be around her.

Beth made this blend beautifully and perfectly and the fact that I cant stand it is a testament to that.

This is a beautiful scent...craftily blended. For what I can add to the reviews- this is the purply blue plum version of Penny Dreadful on my skin; both are fantastically femme fatale. Lady Lucille has no linens or old clothing to permeate her scent...this is pure dark, glimmery, long lasting 'perfume.' If you're looking for a dupe, and don't mind the dirt...try PD.

This is very pretty but something in the background (I think the roses or maybe the lily) makes my teeth grit. It's a very lovely perfume for the right person but for me it's a pass.

I was so thrilled to get a decant of this because I adore Crimson Peak and Lucille's character; she's such an interesting tragic figure. I was incredibly wary of this scnet though because I normally hate floral scents; they're always too powdery. 

In bottle: Smokey plum cushioned by red roses. The amber comes through rather prominently making it a very, (as multiple people have stated above) sinister. It's divine in the bottle. 

Wet: The garnet/lily come through to cut the scent very sharply. I'm not great at identifying ylang ylang but I suspect it's there too contributing to the sharp(e)ness. I find the amber and musk very prominent right now. It's a like a stabbing dark scent (Ah, Lucille!) 

Dry: This dries down to the most AMAZING rose/plum musk/amber on me. It smells wet and rich, and so dark. I'm in love and hope I can find a backup bottle of this 

*I have to use this scent VERY sparingly, if I use too much it's incredibly cloying and almost suffocating (which I think is rather appropriate, given how Lucille's presence is so smothering as she is an extension of the House and it's madness/rage) This is such a beautiful and sinister floral scent