Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Katlastrophe

Something sweet and STRONG? *newbie*

So glad the Hollywood Babylon blind bottle worked for you, Kalastrophe! Glad you've found some other stuff that works well too. Out of those, Tombstone is one of my favorite BPALs ever, and this thread has me thinking I need to re-visit Golden Priapus as I had a bottle when I first started out on the forum but re-homed it... maybe it'd work out better for me these days....

Oh yes, Tombstone is gorgeous!
The first time I used it I was constantly sniffing myself and sighed, it's really something special.

Wood and vanilla seems to be a good combination for me.

Well, there is only one way to find out about that :)

Edited by Katlastrophe

Did you try the Antikytheria Mechanism? Wood and vaniiiillaaaa!

Oh! And in a similar vein, The (Not so) Penitent (Mini) Magdeline!

Have you tried Lights of Men's Lives? A sweet floral I like is Helle's Belle. Oh! And Ivory Vulva...coveted, but sweet and strong! How about Brown Jenkin (GC)?

Okay, I've received my imps and tested them for a couple of weeks, these were my favorites:

Golden Priapus

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener

Tombstone

Sin

Bordello

Elegba

Cockaigne

But I also bought a "blind" bottle without smelling it first: Hollywood Babylon, and I looove it!

Bottles really are a whole new experience *slathering is good for you*

Defututa and Sudha Segara were _not_ my thing.

D reeks of jasmine and SS doesn't smell much at all.

I've ordered a bottle of Golden Priapus together with some more imps and ALOT of decants(most Yules, but also Pies, CP and one Phoenix).

Thank you alot for all the help!

I'm going to look after Sugar Skull, absolutely!

And the 13 with thirteen sugars(and chocolate).

So glad you found a few that worked for you!

As for Def.... Put the imp away for a while and see if the jasmine calms down. I've noticed with some blends that it can, after aging a bit.

I ordered the latest 13 too, normally that sweet isn't my thing but I could quite resist.

If you haven't tried Mouse's Sad and Long Tale yet, I definitely recommend it - it's all snuggly ambery creamy goodness. One of my favorite GCs, alongside Dorian.

From LE's, I nth the recommendations for Sugar Skull, and also suggest some Liliths. There are a ton of sweet blends this year (and every year). My Baby and a Baby Goat is amazing, just sweet milky honey with a hint of musk, while Battle Fairy in Training, Pop, and Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails are various sweet candy scents (but all different from each other). From the Post's Liliths, En Garde and The Worst Pillow are both really sweet to me. The former is vanilla and caramel, while the later is vanilla and very strong, very sweet coffee.

I actually got an imp of The Antikytheria Mechanism last week, and it's sooo beautiful!
I had a hard time finding the vanilla, but it's such a wonderful wood-blend <3
Also got imps of Muddy Puddles(which I do like, but I also find it a bit boring), Drink Me(loove the cherry tart <3) and Morocco(sweet, soft, but a bit to much chemical for me).

Brown Jenkin and
Mouse's Sad and Long Tale is added to my wishlist :)

I will hunt for Lilith decants when my economy has stabilized itself from Christmas^^

Thank you so very much!

Maybe try Hellcat? It's one of my favorites, a GC from the Diabolus section: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond. It's sweet, strong, and foody.

If you end up liking Snake Oil and feel like tracking down some limited editions, try...

Womb Furie (a Lupercalia scent; those are usually released around February and this one has come back a few times) - Snake Oil and three types of honey

Boomslang (from the Snake Pit section of the old Carnaval Diabolique, which might be returning in the not-too-distant future) -Snake Oil with cocoa, teakwood, and rice milk.