Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An elegant transformation: honeyed ylang ylang with black tea, orris, dark gum resins, lavender absolute, and a twist of white grapefruit.

Lovely! As usual, BPTP has some of my favorite perfume blends.
This reminds me a little of blacker than ravens wings, I think the black tea note is similar, but where that is smokey and rich, this is fruity, slightly herbal, with a candy like edge that I always associate with grape fruit. The resins are beautiful, I get something almost like plummy incense from that, and the honey ylang ylang is mostly honey with faint floral in the background. I initially grabbed this because I love lavender everything, and lavender + citrus is one of my favorite combinations. I figured this would be lovely and I was not disappointed. If you are afraid of lavender, it's not an overtly strong lavender smell. This is not a medicinal lavender, it's a sweet sugared lavender, and blends well into the rest of the notes.

It doesn't have a ton of throw, but it has a good amount of lasting power.

Overall this is a fantastic fruit-candy but sophisticated girly blend. definitely a keeper.

Very pretty scent. I feel like this is more of a "whole scent" than individual notes I can pick out... First sniff it reminded me of Black swallow tail, even though they don't share notes. I do smell ylang ylang & sweet lavender. Seems to have a good bit of throw on me too. I like this one too. So far I have loved all the Hallowenches!

at the beginning i get ylang ylang, tea and grapefruit primarily, with a hint of gum resins. the lavender is subtle here. this is one of those light sparkling scents which is a bit champagne-y, probably due to grapefruit + tea. it does smell more on the summery side to me. it's nice, light, pretty and uplifting. :smilenod:

Tea, grapefruit with lavender and gum resins. On wet, its a very light sparkling scent, but it dries down to a lavender/resin with black tea scent. Low throw but good wear length.

Dark, cerebral, contradictory.

Resins, lavender and something that smells like anise at first. The anise fades, and its mostly lavender and resins. It is nice and soft, though, and would probably make a great sleep blend.