Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Caramelized grey matter with apple.

OOH to be first... the pressure! :)

In Bottle: Smells yummy... a "pale" caramel. Sweet, but not crazy sweet!!

On Skin: Oh man... this is amazing! It warms up to a wonderful, candy-like caramel! Just like a caramel lollipop!

Dry down: This has great throw on me, and I think this will be a hit!! Scent stays true... it is like a caramel apple hard candy! Something keeping the caramel from being a sticky-type scent, but this is great!! I am a foodie lover and I see this one being a true keeper that will get better with age!

Want to add, any apple lovers out there, get this!! Also, after a few hours, it is still going strong and it reminds me of a stronger version of Sugar Slathered Candy Apple!! I am so in love with this!! Edited by Numanoid

Caramelized grey matter? Sign me up!

In the decant: hmm. Sort of nondescript sweetness, I'm not detecting any apple. This actually does evoke caramelized grey matter, it's sweet but in sort of a disconcerting way? Like somethings not quite right.

Wet on skin: nope no no. It's just weird sugar sweet with a chemical edge. Still no apple darnit *stamps foot*

Drydown: well, this one surprised me quite a lot. I am getting no apple. Repeat: NO APPLE. Instead, the drydown smells *exactly* like Bloody Mary. It has the same powdered sugar, berry'n'cherry smell. Is something wrong with my nose? Possibly but it's dang good.

Wet I get no apples, which is fine because I'm not an apple fan. I do get a caramelish sweetness, but this is sadly short lived. It quickly turned into this weird artificial powdered candy smell that I don't like at all. It's strong too. Apples never did show up to this party.

And this smells nothing like Bloody Mary on me thank god- I love Bloody Mary! This Hallowench, not so much!

As soon as I sniffed this, I recognised notes from Bite Me, a Weenie from 2009. This pleased me because I LOVE Bite Me and I hoard it like there's no tomorrow. It's the creamy caramel note, I think.

In the bottle, Brain Stem Lollipop is all delicious caramel and it is sooooo gooooooood.

The apple comes out when it's wet on my skin and even moreso after the drydown. I am so unbelievably happy with this blend. It is like Bite Me and Poisoned Apple had a lovechild, but the lovechild is deeper and richer than her parents. The apple isn't biting or crisp, it is mellow and sugar-sweet. The caramel aspect is toothsome and creamy and very, very sexy too. No, sensual. This is a very sensual blend.

This is a gourmand fantasy come true. If you like sweet apple scents, get this. If you like Bite Me, then this is your chance to try an apple version of it. I absolutely love this and I just know it's going to age wonderfully.

Guh. I am in love.

NOTE : there is definitely no 'fleshy' note, so if you're concerned about the 'brain' element then don't be. This is a straight-up apple and caramel blend and it is freaking delicious.

Pale caramel and apple. This really just smells like one of those candy apple caramels but with less sugar. Sweet, foodie, caramel.

In the bottle: Hard green candy and pale caramel.

Wet: The caramel is stronger on me than it was in the bottle, but it doesn't take the green apple candy note to assert its presence.

Dry: This smells like a green apple lollipop coated with pale caramel. The apple candy note has calmed down a lot, and the pale caramel smells delicious in this stage. Fortunately, I'm not really getting any of the “grey matter” in the description.

Verdict: I'll be keeping my bottle! :)

I was hoping that this would smell like one of those green apple lollipops dipped in caramel that show up around halloween, but I'm just getting powdery, warm, sweet caramel from this scent. It doesn't smell like bpal's usual caramel note on me (which is a pretty true caramel). This is kinda reminiscent of Prada Candy's powdery, perfumey caramel tones on me, actually.

Apple Jolly Rancher in the bottle. Goes on as caramel and candy apple, drying to an artificial (and not particularly pleasant) caramel and apple. I'm sort of relieved because the name squicks me out, and I'd hate to fall in love with something I don't want to discuss.

I don't really get caramel or apple with this, to me it's straight up cough syrup. Happy I got a decant to try out before hunting down a bottle unsniffed, lucky for my wallet that I won't be adding this to my collection.

If I think really hard about this being a caramel apple, then it works. But it is pale in comparison to some other caramel apple blends I have. It's really pretty, maybe a hint of apple blossom, and something sweet. It's a nice fall, gourmand smell, though.