Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
stellamaris

MPF 13 Hair Gloss

Because you might want to get a bit of shimmery color over the holiday without risking a moonburn, right? The scent of skin-softening moonscreen: coconut and sugared red patchouli.

I expected this one to be super light and summer but was quite pleased to find the patchouli is glorious. This is beautiful.

Earthy, smokey, complex, sweet patchouli softened by coconut. This one lasts and lasts and will combine well with many of the BPAL family of perfumes and bath oils. :D Edit to add that while many patch blends can be kind of agressive in terms of throw, this one is a lot calmer. Definitely a great fall HG for me!

Edited by Auspicious Q

Wow, MPF 13 is great. This is like Silkybat plus red musk, red patchouli and a touch of coconut on me...I have no idea if there's actually red musk in it, but it smells like it to me (and I love red musk!). The list of notes might make it seem heavy, but it smells much 'lighter'. The coconut is perfect...enough to pitch this in a summery direction without making it feel like the kind of gloss I'd only wear in one season. I would in fact wear this all year long. :)

This is a long-lasting gloss in my hair and I've already received a few compliments at work. :lovestruck:

Let me preface this by saying I am a patchouli lover, I've tried SilkyBat and while I quite enjoyed it, it wasn't an omfgwtflove. Something about bpal's "sugared" note I think is sometimes hit or miss. But anyway, MPF 13 *is* omfgwtf love! It's sweet, sexy, tropical coconut patchouli lovvvvvveeeee! It's like Goblin and Banshee Beat had a baby! It's fresh and summery but can definitely transition into fall and beyond. It's also cosy, like a warm, sexy red cashmere sweater. MMMMM, this has definitely shot to my top 3 hairgloss list. Am so glad I ordered this!

Edited by Gwallahay

I do love patchouli. But I had hoped for more coconut out of this, as I love coconut even more than I love patchouli.

On me, this is a sweet warm patchouli. It's absolutely lovely, but does leave me wishing for more coconut. I am hoping the patchouli might mellow a bit by summer and let the coconut shine through a little. Either way, I am happy I got it and will be keeping my bottle.

Silkybat + coconut. I think this is actually smokier than Silkybat but it has the same sugared patchouli incense that Silkybat with some silky coconut in it.

If you loved Silkybat and love coconut, give this a whirl.

Yep... this is lovely. It's everything that I wanted Silkybat to be (but alas, Silkybat was a ghastly nasty disaster for me).

The coconut here is very subtle - it's not immediately obviously until you catch it on the breeze where it floats along very softly, but it's really very lovely here. The star of the show is the sugared patchouli though - again, very subtle - definitely not a KAPOW kind of patchouli - with a lovely smokey sweetness. I am SO glad this isn't a brown/caramel kind of sugar - I was really worried about that, but no... there's really no actual 'sugar' smell as such, it's just sweetening up the patchouli.

Once again, I am reminded why it's almost always the two-to-three note blends that work best for me... this is another shining example of how less is more can be a beautiful thing.

I love patchouli but hate coconut. I also do not do well with BP hair gloss as the scent always gets in my mouth no matter how I apply. However ...MPF 13 seems to be the exception. So far, so good. The coconut is quite lovely, very light and of superior quality to other coconut-scented things I've tried in my lifetime. The patchouli is not aggressive or overwhelming either and the two blend well. I was not expecting to like this or be able to wear it. Nice surprise.

Very much like the original Silkybat (yay!), but smokier. The coconut in this is dry, almost more coconut husk-like IMO. I even get a hint of vanilla somewhere. Dry down is similar to Goblin.

Strong throw and I could still smell a bit in my hair when I woke up this morning, whereas the original Silkybat faded faster.

This is true love for me :wub3:

Just tried this for first time, finding a big decant untouched I bought back when this was released! How was this not more popular?? It is glorious! It reminds me more of sandalwood than patchouli - maybe the aging? The coconut is lovely and this reminds a bit of the beach. Amazing!

Being a sweet coconut and patchouli, I'm surprised that no one has compared this to Goblin! The red patch is gentler and sweeter but the coconut is a similar note. Not as sweet as Silkybat, but a similar vibe. This is lovely!