Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kscha2017

A Fling in the Lagoon Bath Oil

Crisp lime and mandarin, with a bit of scaly green mint and coconut.

OMG, "A Fling in the Lagoon" bath oil is to die for!!! It smells like ... a pristine, white sand beach without any dead fish odor ... like your daydream about being marooned on some tropical island (where you have food, shelter, good water, and your favorite books/music) ... like the best mojito you ever had served by the sweetest cabana boy (or girl) ... like how your skin smelled as a kid after swimming in the pool and playing in the sandbox all day ... like some happy memory I can't place ... it brought tears to my eyes. Sun, sand, lime, and mint. I need more bottles of this ... or a vat.
Edited by kscha2017

In the bottle, I get a blast of lime, followed by the mandarin note. The coconut and mint are very faint.

I am reviewing this as a moisturizer, and not as a product that I tried in the bath.

On my skin, the lime note is quickly overtaken by the mandarin note. It smells like a freshly peeled orange. I specifically smell the white part of the orange. There is only a hint of coconut and mint. If you are afraid of either of those notes, I'm not getting much of them here. It's mainly just orange like whoa. I'm wearing Son of biggerCritter right now, and I can say it contains more coconut and lime than this.

I am glad that I ordered a bottle. I really wanted another citrusy bath oil (aside from Baobhan Sith) in my collection. I know it will get a lot of use during the summer months!

A Fling in the Lagoon is such a zippy, bright, energizing bath oil! Applied as after-shower moisturizer, this is all lime and mandarin on me, a 'wake-up call' scent that's perfect on a workday when I'm feeling sluggish and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. The mint and coconut are very subtle...I would not call this a 'tropical' blend, but a juicy, citrusy blend with a shadow of mint and coconut. Like a palate-cleansing sorbet, this is one that I'll turn to when I need something really refreshing.

This is delightful. On first application I get a ton of lime, but then it quickly blends with the mandarin to become juicy orange backed with lime. There's a hint of coconut in the background, and I don't detect any mint. Bright, juicy and refreshing! I may have to get a bottle.