Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Dead Leaves, Patchouli, Honey & Warm Musk Hair Gloss

Smooth, sweet, and mellow, with a gentle glowing quality. Not too heavy--something a little fresh (almost lemony?) keeps it from feeling sticky-sweet.

This is lovely. Fresh on, it's a lot of musk (smells closest to red musk to me, but I'm not sure?), but the honey quickly comes out. The patchouli is mild, just grounding it, same as the dead leaves. This is really gentle, not overwhelming as I had feared it might be. The honey in it is amazing. I really love this. I can see it pairing well with a ton of different perfumes, and I feel like it will be work appropriate as well (I'm never sure with anything containing Patchouli).

mmm this is pretty. it's mostly honey and patchouli and musk with just a hint of the leafy scent, which i like because the scents heavier on leaves read as a bit too aquatic for my tastes. the leaves in this smell a bit dirtier due to the patchouli though. they do get stronger after being on the skin for a bit (skin testing this first) and the musk seems to become more prominent then too. the patchouli gets a bit powdery on me, and now that the honey is faded i admit i am not enjoying this as much. it's not bad, i just liked the opening best. after about 5 minutes it's mostly a musky patchouli with hints of the other notes.

I'm really sad that out of all the HG's I ordered, this is the one I only got a half decant of. I really really like it.

Pressing my nose to my hair, it's straight up dead leaves, but the cloud surrounding me is the most beautiful sweet, smooth musk. It smells masculine to me, but warm and cuddly. I really love this one and I'll be keeping an eye out for more decants. Maybe even a full bottle :D

I found my decant to be pretty darn heavy on the leaves smell and loads upon loads of patch. I actually found myself washing my hair after the test. It was just very strong on me and I prefer my scents more mild.

Oh, my. I have decided I love Dead Leaves almost as much as I love fruits, although for a totally different reason. Such an understated and 'clean' scent, and to my nose, in my hair, it takes center stage, with the honey adding sweetness. The patxhouli and musk are very much background, adding depth and interest, but not really distinguishable as themselves. So far the Dead Leaves have been just what I hoped for - fantastic smelling, and not too sweet. I can't stop smelling my hair!

Leaves, musk, and a touch of honeyed patchouli. This one was really musky with dead leaves wafting in there. I was hoping for more honey, but really didn't get that.

Powdery, warm, perfumey musk with green leaves and hints of honey and earthy patchouli (but I was definitely hoping for more honey and patchouli than I get from this blend). I don't like this much musk, and the leaves smell strangely green and watery rather than dead, earthy and spicy.