Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kscha2017

Portal of Death! Atmosphere Spray

A science fiction thriller by Lilith Victoria Barrial.

Swirls of black plum, orange flower, white musk, spun sugar, and lollipop goo opening up into an abyss of patchouli, benzoin, and and fig.

Okay, I'll start with my humble review ...

I could not "picture" this scent in my mind when it first went up but, because it was Lilith-oriented and was accompanied by a video which gave it its name (and it included my beloved patchouli), it was an automatic must-have. This is a joyful, playful scent. It makes me smile every time and has become my favorite bedtime scent. My nose tells me this is an expensive gourmet black raspberry lollipop (warm and sticky) floating in a cloud of sweet patchouli. If I concentrate when I'm spraying it, I can also identify cocoa and fig. I am also greatly amused that the quote from the video "Vanished into oblivion! Bye!" appears on the bottle.

This is a very sweet plum for me, with sweet orange blossom round the edges, darkened by floral patchouli. It seems to be a child of Madam Moriarty with a brighter, fruitier plum, candy notes, and sugared patchouli. Not exactly Autumnal or deathlike. Fruit juice fiends must give this a whirl.

A candied, fruitier version of Mme Moriarty sans red musk. If red musk made Mme not to your taste or you want a younger, sweeter version, this is it!

Edited by sprout

I'm going to go with sprout and agree that this smells like a lighter, fruitier Madame Moriarty! I didn't even notice the comparison until sprout pointed it out, but it's dead on. I'm mostly getting the plum as the leading note, with candy and patch as supporting notes. I think the musk is supporting the Madame feel, though it's white and not red. Fruity, sweet but not super foody, and incense-y.

Portal of Death does smell like Mme. Moriarty Junior. You get a sweet, dark plum, hints of patchouli but brightened by the orange blossom and candy. It's a sweet, candy like plum blend with enough 'darker' aspects to make it like a junior version of a Carnaval Diabolique atmosphere spray.

Fun, playful, plum.

PORTAL OF DEATH!!! How could I not love it? To me this smells like a dark, sweet musky plum. The scent is strong but not overpowering. It's fun and playful and makes me smile whenever I give it a spray.

I love this. Fresh out of the mailbox today, mostly orange flower... and spun sugar, white musk... oh I sprayed this like crazy around the computer room and my bedroom. Love it!

YES! This smells like a more playful version of Mme Moriarty, red with juicy plum and touch of brooding patchouli, but brighter on the top with the fresh white musk and fig. The drydown is still dark and sticky sweet, with the gooiness of the lollipop and benzion making a silly, delicious incense. I love it so, so much! I've been spraying it all over myself, my scarves, and the people around me! YEA!!!! THE PORTAL OF DEATH!!!!!