Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A spectral denial you must not disregard: Burmese heartwood teak, coffee beans, black patchouli, green cognac, and white musk.

Thanks to TwilightEyes for making this possible!

In The Bottle: Smoky black patchouli, a bit of dark wood (not the teak from Glowing Vulva- this is blackened, rich.) and a touch of cognac.

Wet On Skin: The cognac sweetens up a bit- this is the same cognac note from Black Lace and it does a lot to smooth out the rough edges of the heady, dark scent.

Dry Down: Wow. This is pretty special. It's like a combination of Black Lace, deep, dark patchouli and fresh-brewed coffee as smelled whilst walking through the French Quarter. It's not sinister, but it *is* serious.

In All: Medium throw with a nice, rich undertone that makes this perfect for all genders. I have a feeling this is going to get even better with age!

A boozy, deep coffee flavored black patchouli. This is occupy Wallstreet with too much coffee liquor in it. This has to be washed off. UGH.

I was fortunate enough to swap for this. I was testing so many things at the time though, that I had a hard time picking out notes in this, I just knew I liked it, but my skin seemed to eat it quickly.

Wet: Mmm, sweet warm glowing wood, cognac. A hint of dry patch (not the gnarly kind, to my nose). Now that I can read the actual notes they're much easier to pick out. It is a bit masculine, but I love it and want to be able to pull it off anyway. It's kinda sexy! Really liking it.

Dry: Once again, completely eaten by my skin! Doesn't even last half an hour on me, so I am not sure what it really dries down to. Sadly, this one may have to be swapped.

Dry, dusty, funky patchouli (sort of sweaty armpit-esque) and sour, roasted coffee beans with sharp cognac and musk. I don't care for this one at all. Light and fades to a faint, powdery patchouli after about twenty minutes.

I unexpectedly laid my hands on a bottle of this and couldn't wait to try it.  I thought for sure I would like it.  I was wrong.  I love it!

The patchouli is deep, dark and dirty (like in Owl Moon), the teak is a gorgeous, dark wood, the coffee adds just the slightest hint of depth and then the green cognac and white musk?  Can't find them, but I don't care.  The other notes were actually what attracted me to this one.

The end result is a dark, earthy, deeply woody (not like polished wood; like the smell of a freshly sawn piece of hardwood) with just a bit of coffee depth. 

Beautiful.  I wish I could track down a duplicate.