Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Izabel

Motivation help needed!

I need a kick-ass, take on the world, energy rush, uplifting, caught up in the workout madness oil to put on rright before I work out so that I can get all caught up in the scent and do my workout mindlessly... (can you tell I need to lose myself in it to make me want to work out?? :P)

Any suggestions?

I always find Katharina energizing and it makes me feel like I could take on anything. Venom is a close second, but not for working out -- more for dealing with people.

I'd say try something really bright, maybe a fruity blend. Some suggestions:

Persephone

Kuang Shi

Aizen-myoo

Bewitched

Mind you, of these four I've only tried Persephone. The rest are on my wishlist.

I'd probably stay away from anything foody or spicy and instead go for clear fruit and floral blends. Pele is another you may want to try.

I like all the minty ones like Cathode and Jabberwocky and Ultraviotel is also oke, but becomes more voiletty after a while

I would say Envy! It's very bright, sparkly, and uplifting, and I'd much rather wear something fresh and herbal at the gym than something heavy, foody, or floral.

High John the Conqueror is my "take on the world" scent, but I don't know how that would would do at the gym.

wow.. envy sounds like something I would LOVE! (note to self, gotta get an imp!)

But is it too nice for my needed "gotta kick the hell out of myself and shut the world out" workout? I need Energy!!!

*grins* How about Wrath? I find I expend more (focused) energy when I'm pissy than when I'm all bouncy and happy (which is my normal state @ gemini)

I'd say anything that's got a citrus kick..especially with Bergamot. That's a well known mood-lifter and energizer. Other than that, something clean and citrusy with a dash of grapefruit--Shattered, maybe?

Anne Bonny! With her Indonesian red patchouli, red sandalwood, and frankincense. She kept me going when I went out for a walk on a freezing cold morning, I thought, Anne Bonny wouldn't turn around and go home, keep moving!!

Red Devil has that effect on me - when I put it on, I transform into this uber-efficient fireball who wants only to clean my entire house and then work out for two hours. No idea why.

Red Devil has that effect on me - when I put it on, I transform into this uber-efficient fireball who wants only to clean my entire house and then work out for two hours. No idea why.

that's the feeling I need!

Swank does it for me everytime. I get really efficient and quick when I wear it - one Friday morning I did my whole morning's work in 40 minutes.

Hey, anyone:

Thursday or Friday I'm going to meet the members of the housing co-op I'm moving into on Saturday. I have this bad tendency before meetin new people to completely flip out and convince myself I'm not charming or worthy, even though I'm being admitted to said co-op based on a lengthy essay-question-filled application.

I've noticed also that I smell different when I'm nervous (duh, but I really don't have any body odor to speak of unless I'm afraid. Case in point: my recent 15 hour car-sojourn alone in a rickety car in driving rain down the Penna Turnpike, Ohio Turnpike, and I-90 through Chicago. Between the stuffy, airless car interior and fear of skidding off the road into the falling-rock fences and the fear of being pancaked by a windblown semi, I was not smelling so wonderful. I was smelling like Eau de Terror, which, if you've ever worn this blend, you know what I mean. It's a lot more acrid than regular b.o. Too much information, maybe?). Anyone want to recommend which of the following I should wear to meet my new housemates? I don't want to stink, but I don't want to hit them over the head, either:

Snake Oil, Rosalind, Juliet, Lucy's Kiss, Empyreal Mist, Ace of Cups, Siren, Nocturne, Queen Mab, Kitsune-Tsuki

Edited by renaissancerouge

I second the empyrial mist or Juliet. *also already fixes cup of Chamomile tea to help you to not flip out* :P You are charming and worthy!!

I have no idea how fear smells on other people (when I think of it, I've never smelled it on anyone but myself), but I do know how it feels. I usually feel better when I wear something light. When I wear a heavier scent, I start panicking about that the 'fear smell' doesn't combine well with my heavy scent -> more panic -> viscious cycle. Light and comforting works for me.

And you are charming and worthy. :P

Well, thank you ladies! I think I'm going with just a smidge of Juliet. I'm also hoping that this is the kind of house where the scent of patchouli and nag champa effectively obscure all other scents. And the chamomile tea- maybe for tonight, but when I actually have to go meet them, I'll have downed three espressos and done some therapeutic dancing to hasidic reggae.

:P

I'd totally dig living with someone who dances therapeutically to Hasidic reggae ... er, unless she did so at 3 a.m.

Surely you are charming and worthy! :P

Hey everyone!

Well, I'll soon be ordering that first set of imps... I alreday have a few ideas of scents that I like the sound of... but... Could do with a reccomendation!

I guess I'm a bit of a goth chick... and I certainly have a little of teh dark side at heart... but I'm very shy! I could really use a scent that matches my dark heart, but will endow me with a little confidence. My shyness is really holding me back, and I'm perpetually single... so... any ideas guys/

Thank you!

The first thing that came to mind was Blood Rose. If you like rose scents, that is. I thought of it because it has a Dragon's Blood base -- and Dragon's Blood really does seem to pulse with power. It's a very energetic, sexual, alive oil. The rose, however, gives it a darker, Victorian feel. I just love it.

:P

The first thing that came to mind was Blood Rose. If you like rose scents, that is. I thought of it because it has a Dragon's Blood base -- and Dragon's Blood really does seem to pulse with power. It's a very energetic, sexual, alive oil. The rose, however, gives it a darker, Victorian feel. I just love it.

:P Thank you, I will certainly try that!