Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Michał Elwiro Andriolli
Brown leather, bay leaf, tobacco leaf, lavender, and oudh.

The lavender definitely jumps out at me... I think because the bay and oudh are also kind of sharp and support it? Luckily I enjoy lavender. XD This scent is a little different than I imagined it, more green and thicket-y and less fuzzy and brown. Despite this, I quite like it! (As a side note, apparently I have very different tastes in 'weenies than everyone else? I don't think I've ever been first before. Lots of pressure. :P)

Smokey, worn, suede-like leather with oudh supporting.

Bay gives this blend a slight herbal edge.

I don't get lavender except for a bit of camphorousness.

This is a fuzzy, comforting scent. Unisex or masculine depending your perception.

I'm very happy with Pan Twardowski.

A surprise favorite for me--a bit like the First Love Fades Too Atmo from Lupercalia this year, but the lavender is a little crisper. Really lovely.

oudh and the leaves ..and "brown"...almost spice...not really leather

*few minutes later* yup - definitely more "foody" than "leathery"

no lavender unless it's just a slight tinge to it

it's not what I expected, but it's not bad. I don't normally do foodie scents (hoggle being the exception...which shares 2 notes with this)

Leather, tobacco, lavender and oudh. This one is soft, manly brown leather scent. Good throw, good wearlength.

For fans of Quincy Morris, check this out.

This is hottt... french tobacco with leather and a bit of deep gentleman's fougere. What I imagine a young, rich, victorian-era banker would smell of. Frikkin sweet.

In vitro- leather!, spice?

Wet- Serious leather, take no prisoners leather. Perhaps I amp it? Lavender and bay leaf contribute spicy and peppery energy. The tobacco wraps around the edges. It is mellow, dried tobacco, not smoky or burnt. Oudh is well blended, as in I don't detect it, unless it's lending a woody base, blended with the tobacco.

Dry- Lavender reappears, over a cozy and masculine base of leather and tobacco. Agreed, this is worn, saddle leather, not the sharp black leather of a new jacket.

Drydown- Sweet, leather and tobacco with a floral lavender. Woody oudh is finally apparent.

Final thoughts- A complex composition with herbal elements, soft and well worn leather, woody oudh and tobacco. This is mostly base notes and wonderfully resinous and masculine. I may need a bottle upgrade, as the Quincey Morris comparison is quite right. This is lovely now, I am excited to imagine it aged!

In bottle: Lavender dominent with oudh in support. the leather is a soft counterpoint. The bay leaf gives it a hint of edge. Wet: The leather and the dominant lavender are gorgeous together. the oudh forms a lovely bridge between the two. The bay leaf remains understated. Dry: Very powdery on the dry down. I think the leather accord separated a bit as it wore. Mostly leather accord components and oudh.

Leather and lavender. Sounds awful on paper, but it seems to work. Throw a bit of musk in, and we have a nice dude blend. Strong, masculine and sinister. A dangerous guy would suit this.

Oh man this is pretty cool!

I get a blend of brown leather (soft not hard), lavender, and bay- sounds weird but it works! The tobacco leaf and oud make the back kinda smokey - feelings wise not like a smoke smell. I was bummed about W&TM but Twadorski here is pretty good!

I have about a half bottle I will definitely use up! But I'm not sure if i need a backup

In the bottle: Rich, aftershave-y cologne.

Wet on my skin: I swear to the gods, the first whiff of this on my skin smells like warm taco spices. Like, I could go get the bag of taco spices from my pantry and it would smell like this. Either my nose or my skin is really, really weird with this at first contact.

Dry: No more taco spices! While I actually like how that smells, I'd rather not smell like a Taco Bell, and thankfully I do not. This is now a surprisingly close to the skin scent, slightly fuzzy, and definitely cologney and masculine in nature. It's primarily a green-edged lavender and soft brown leather on me, with sweet bay leaf, tobacco, and oudh underneath. This isn't the sweet and chewy tobacco like in some of the other Weenies this year, but rather a dry and slightly dusty/smoky tobacco. Like one previous reviewer mentioned, this could have been a fuzzy brown scent, but the herbal sharpness takes it into slightly green territory instead. It has the feel of a very expensive, high-class, and somewhat antique cologne, at least on me. Silver fox scent, basically, but in a very good way.

On me, the throw is fairly light and close to the skin, but I think it will strengthen and be even nicer with a bit of aging.

This is a really beautiful leather-y lavender tobacco, with the oud and bay as supporting notes. Its kind of like.... you know how cherry pipe tobacco is so delicious smelling? This is the lavender version of that, stored in a soft, worn, fragrant leather pouch. This is a definitely unisex scent, but on the sweet side in that pipe tobacco way.

The lavender stays soft but distinct, there aren't any sugary notes to take it into purely sweet territory. I think the tobacco and leather are giving me the sweet impression, while the oud is adding a slight smokiness.

This was an impulse swap, but I am so glad I decided to do it. I really love this, it's a pretty unique blend for my collection. And definitely my favorite from the Pickman Gallery 2015!

This isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting spicy, dark, rich tobacco and leather with spicy bay. I'm getting clean, musky, perfumey, cool, herbal lavender cologne. A little smoky (the tobacco or oud?) after about an hour, but mostly still just clean, musky lavender cologne...