Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

A Holy Man Advises a Woman to Invoke Mary Against a Devil

Jean Miélo
White musk, tobacco flower, white tea, Tunisian neroli, and blonde leather.

Still no reviews? Ok, my mediocre one will have to do. :)

This is beautiful. I love all of the notes here so I had to buy a bottle. Very well blended - the tobacco flower is wonderful here with the neroli! The white tea gives it a refreshing, almost delicate feel and the leather is not the star...just a nice bottom layer to meld with the white musk and ground this higher pitched blend. This reads as more of a Spring/Summer perfume to me, but for some reason I find myself planning to wear it for our first day of snow, whenever that may be. I really, really like this now and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ages. Another masterful blend! :)

ETA: this is becoming stronger even with such a short amount of aging! Very refreshing and comforting at the same time. :)

Edited by Herb Girl

This is very faint on me. I mostly get the white tea with a bit of neroli. No leather for me, which is a bit sad.

It is a very pretty little scent and doesn't feel demonic at all :smile:

The only problem I have with it is that the throw is very low on me. But I will keep my decant; this is fitting for a little tea party, I think!

this is bringing to mind one of the wanderlust scents, i think?? i can't remember which one though, so that is no help. anyway it's all white tea at first with white musk. it's very fresh. a bit later i think i'm getting tobacco flower though it goes a bit soapy on me. the neroli isn't super strong at all and i can hardly detect it if at all. the leather is definitely blonde-almost woody and this morphs into a woody watery scent. after awhile i get a strong aquatic thing going on-it just gets more and more aquatic and harsh on me giving it that hairspray element. :whack: my skin chemistry. :P

Edited by theseagrows

very soft, but not faint

at arms's length this just smells soapy on me (and from past experience that's more a 'my body chemistry' thing than something particular to the blend) - almost a detergent lol

but up close, with a long sniff, I can pick out a nice mix of the first four notes :) it's a nice blend, but no leather :(

but I only got a 1/2 imp because I anticipated it would be more "white" than "leather"

like others have said, this is almost a pretty spring scent, but depending on the throw per person it could be a nice snuggly winter scent

Blonde leather, white musk and neroli. This one is a sharp, citrusy overlay to some thin leather and musk blend. It's actually fairly "white" in vibe in my mind.

Neroli, leather, white musk.

This is so pretty and gentle. A warm tangerine musk and cushiony white suede over a hint of faded tobacco. This makes me feel sleepy, safe, and treasured.

This is just lovely. In the vial, orange and tea.

Wet, neroli mainly, which is tempered by the musk and tea so it is not sharp or cologney. Orange blossom tea, a hint of musk, a hint of floral, which is by process of elimination, tobacco flower. It is hard to pick out,as I'm less familiar with the smell and it is well blended with the tea and neroli. The general impression is delicate, soft, and barely sweet.

Dry, the Neroli fades and the blonde leather comes forward. Leather and musk combine to form a heart that is warm and soft, like a very worn suede glove. The tea and neroli are still present, soaking into the white suede glove. The throw is slight, very close to the skin. White musk is soft here, as I like it, supporting and snuggling rather than soapy.

Final analysis, this is subtle and sweet. I'm one of the lucky people on whom neroli is sweet and smells faintly of oranges. And I love tea, it is usually sweet on me and brings a liquid, feminine softness to the mix. This is really more of a Luper than a Weenie but I like it. The orange blossom tea juxtaposed with the white suede and accented by the tobacco flower is charming and unexpected. I'm contemplating a bottle purchase.

Edited by sprout

Kind of citrussy and fresh at first, but that must be the tea. Fades to nothing but a whiff of tobacco flower after half an hour. It's pretty but virtually non existant. Not worthy of an upgrade.

In bottle: Strongly neroli dominant with tea support. The musk blends well with the neroli. the tobacco flower is distinct, but plays very well with the tea. The leather is understated. This blend should be safe if you love neroli, but are not much fond of leather. The neroli is too strong for me, alas, so no skin test.

White musk and tobacco flower make this have a white, soapy, dryer sheets feel. The neroli and white tea form a creamy, orange-y, sharp citrus refreshment next to the laundry pile. I don't get any leather at all. It's a clean, spring-like fragrance.

Wet, I smell tea and flowers. I adore neroli and it is definitely featured here. What a pretty scent! It just seems pretty and feminine and fresh.

Dry down: ahhhhh, there's some leather. Soft, tan leather, like the inside of new ballet shoes.

Simply gorgeous. I've waited all this time to wear it and missed the window to buy some from the Lab - I'll have to hope I can find some in the swaps. This seems like a very fine, very expensive perfume (in a very good way) - like something a lady would buy at an old fashioned department store, one that she would save the empty bottles of to tuck into her lingerie drawer.

2020 edit: found the imp in my stash and slathered some on.  Age has been kind to this scent.  The leather is a little more rich smelling and the orange blossom a little creamier, and I stand by my original assessment that this one smells like expensive, old-fashioned department store perfume.  

It reminds me of Miss Addie - I went and sniffed them alongside one another to confirm.  This scent is Miss Addie’s slightly more demure cousin.

Edited by MonkeysInk

In the Bottle: There is something citrusy about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Wet: It smells the way tea leaves frequently smell to me--soapy. It's not bad, but not my favorite either.

Dry: There is a very distinct scent memory that I am getting with the dry down. Picture it: Phoenix, AZ 1984, hanging with my bestie and her Aunt Mo. Aunt Mo is letting us go through her purse which smells like 80s cosmetics, 80s drugstore perfume, and a pack of cigarettes. It's oddly comforting.

Edited by katharina