Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Jean Veber
Pumpkin cream, honey, vanilla sugar, and smoked vanilla bean.

In The Bottle: sweet, creamy vanilla and scratchy vanilla bean, with a breath of pumpkin. Yum!

Wet On Skin: the pumpkin comes out a bit more and the honey with it, warming the scent up a bit.

Dry Down: A beautiful, light pumpkin ice cream!

In All: low throw, a sweet, gentle scent. Not too foodie. Perfect for daytime wear throughout the fall. Total keeper!

Mmmmm. This is delicious. It smells like the best vanilla frosting ever but with something in the background that evens it out and somehow makes it less foodie. I adore this one and will probably be my go-to holiday perfume this year.

Edit: Nevermind...the honey goes completely burning plastic on me. Whyyyyyy? I wanted to love this so much...

Edited by SweetEpiphanies

At first I get a whiff of the lab's pumpkin note, which I've discovered makes me nauseated. However, that quickly fades, and I'm left with a lovely, warm spicy vanilla creamy scent that clings closely to the skin. I don't get honey or much in the way of smoky. It's quite nice. I wouldn't say it's the knock-it-out-of-the-park home run, holy grail scent I was hoping for, but I think I'll probably keep it around. I will say that it doesn't last particularly long on me; after 20 minutes, it's already barely detectable. I will be interested to see how this ages. I have a feeling that those without my skin chemistry of doom will love this.

Sweet vanilla cream, almost marshmallowy, with pumpkin. As it dries, it becomes a smoked vanilla and cream scent (on my mom's skin chemistry, though, the pumpkin sticks around).

Overall, it's a nice, slightly plasticky smoky vanilla and cream, with a slight pumpkin scent in the back. I prefer Theme in Yellow for my go-to simple pumpkin scent, but this is a nice variation I might keep around for 1) variety and 2) to see how it ages.

Initially this is just beautiful - a perfect blend of pumpkin and feminine softness. About 30 minutes in, the vanilla cream dominates everything and it gets extremely cloying - no pumpkin at all. Might become more of a room scent than a me scent.

In the bottle: Pumpkin cream and vanilla awesomeness. The vanilla was the strongest note when this first arrived, but the pumpkin cream note is stronger now that it has had some time to settle. I smell more of the vanilla sugar than the smoked vanilla bean in the bottle.

Wet: Vanilla sugar reigns, and it is glorious. The pumpkin cream, honey, and smoked vanilla bean begin to emerge after the scent has sat on my skin for a little bit. The pumpkin cream note is the same note found in last year's Pumpkin I, and it ends up becoming the dominant note on my skin.

Dry: Mostly vanilla sugar and pumpkin cream. The honey and smoked vanilla bean are stronger during this stage, but they aren't nearly as strong as the other two notes.

Verdict: I love this! I'm so happy to have a pumpkin Weenie without any spice in my collection, and I'm sure I will reach for this one often. I may end up needing another bottle of this before it goes away.

In bottle: Yummy pumpkin cream!! Very delicious!!

On Skin: Hmm... get no pumpkin at all! It is heavy on me.... lots of throw, but it is a very smoky vanilla. I also get no honey, which is ok with me. Was nervous about that note because we don't get along.

Dry Down: Stays a heavy, smoky vanilla. It is real nice, but was hoping for more pumpkin out of this one.

This is so innocently sexy. It's very subtle but has great staying power and medium throw.

I love pumpkin blends and this is a really special one - all creamy and sensual. The smoky vanilla comes out on the drydown and it's mesmerising me with its gentle sweetness. As this ages, I can see it becoming deeper and denser, perhaps with a similar creaminess to Boo. The pumpkin will hopefully deepen alongside with it and then this alluring little lady will learn how to strut.

Very nice. Recommended to those who are looking for the perfect subtle pumpkin blend. You'll be seduced, but not overpowered.

Not sure what to expect from this one, as cream can go either way on me. It starts off strong pumpkin, strong cream and a touch of honey. As it dries, the pumpkin fades into slight spiciness while the vanilla comes forward. Still a lot of cream and honey. Dries down to a gorgeous smokey vanilla with a touch of pumpkin. LOVE THIS. Definitely getting a bottle!

I adore pumpkin, but the lab's pumpkin usually is horrid on me. I'm glad I risked it and picked this up anyway. This is a very warm, cosy scent. I had to try it with my love of creamy vanilla scents.

Oh, yum. The Witches is like a whipped vanilla dessert with a tuile of pumpkin and an artful drizzle of honey over everything. If you like sweets and the honey note loves your skin, this is likely to be right up your alley. There's so much vanilla here! Almost marshmallow-y, like Klepz said. The pumpkin is very subtle. Wet, this goes a little wobbly on me, but it only lasts a few minutes and then I'm enveloped in a vanilla cloud.

This would layer beautifully with Boo hair gloss, and I think it would also be great with Pumpkin Spice Everything hair gloss or perfume.

Pumpkin Creme Brulee. Thats what this reminds me of. A rich custard, covered in carmelized sugar, with a creamy sweetness and a touch of savory pumpkin.

As it dries is becomes less pumpkin-y and more of the burnt sugar note comes through on me, until at the end of the night I smell like a carmelized sugar confection.

Its a delicious scent, very lovely, but I wish I had the pumpkin creme stay a bit longer on me.

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: This is full of delightful possibilities, from the pumpkin to the vanilla. Had to try it.

In the Vial: Pumpkin absolutely dripping with sweet, sweet honey. The smokiness of the vanilla bean comes out as a breath of dark spicy goodness.

Wet: YUM. Sweet dark creamy pumpkin, but minus the sense of "baked" that one often finds associated with pumpkin scents.

Drydown: It actually gets darker and sweeter! That smoky vanilla is back, but it's all subtle. No sense of burning or overly cooked at all.

Verdict: This is a winner. I will be getting a bottle of this before Weenies go away.

I'm a foodie fanatic. This perfume was my "safe" choice that I was certain I'd like, since how can I go wrong with all the vanillary, creamy things I love in this oil? I didn't go wrong, but this is not at all what I was expecting!

Wet: Not much going on here...sweet, creamy, this is promising. This might be really good on the skin.

Wet on skin: Okay...something is happening...there's shifting. I smell....cornmeal? Is my nose broken? It smells like the inside of a pantry. Sugar, and a mismash of cooking ingredients. It's not unpleasant, but it's definitely not what I expected! This is very evocative of wearing a worn, white apron and opening a well used, well stocked pantry.

Dry: This is very close to the skin with almost no throw. I have to huff my wrists to detect it after only 20 minutes. Pumpkin is present now, and it's not at all a spicy pumpkin but isn't vegetal either, so it's nice. Good balance, pumpkin. The cornmeal/pantry smell is still here, but now I can kind of smell the sugar/cream of Boo back there. This is a bit different for me, because normally I amp the heck out of sugar and vanilla. But once this has dried down, it has become a pleasant sort of pumpkin creme-brulee scent.

It's comforting and sweet, but very soft. It's not in-your-face-POW CREAM AND SUGAR COZY TIME like Boo is.

Edited by moosue

In the imp: Spiced pumpkin with a bit of creamy vanilla.

Wet on skin: Warm spices of what I believe is cinnamon and a hint of allspice and a very creamy vanilla base and a touch of pumpkin.

Dry down: Sweet, creamy vanilla with the added depth of spices and a shot of pumpkin puree. This scent is quite nice since the pumpkin doesn't dominate the blend and lets the other components shine thru.

This is a sweet vanilla scent, slightly spiced with a touch of pumpkin. It actually reminds me a bit of Ivory Vulva - something to do with the spiced vanilla quality in this blend that is reminiscent of the latter. Basically, if you liked Ivory Vulva, you'll like this one ... it's like Ivory Vulva in the Pumpkin Patch - lol.

Edited by Deliciousness

I love the Lab's pumpkin scents and have amassed quite a collection of them. The only pumpkin scent I ever had trouble with was The Shattered Pumpkin, which was just too vegetal and sour for me. The Witches should be exactly what I love from the Lab. But on my skin, it amps into a cumin-like scent, which does not smell good on me. :sad:

I'm disappointed that I get none of the pumpkin cream, honey, or vanilla on its own. But I have found that if I layer The Witches with something else containing bourbon vanilla or spicy pumpkin, then I can wear it, so I'm keeping my bottle.

In the vial: Creamy vanilla and pumpkin, but mostly sugary vanilla.

Wet: Pretty much the same. Sweet soft vanilla and gorgeous pumpkin. Can't really detect the honey yet, but the smokey vanilla is starting to emerge.

Dry: Hmm, the pumpkin has disappeared from this and now I just smell the smokey vanilla tempered by the softer vanilla. The honey has definitely made its presence known, but luckily it hasn't gone baby powder on me. The honey smells like my favorite orange blossom honey which I am loving with the soft spicey vanilla mix.

Overall: very glad the honey note didn't go its normal route of overpowering powder. I really like the final stage, but wish the pumpkin had stayed around. It lasted quite a few hours, but it sticks very close to the skin. I think I might just get a bottle of this 'cause I do really like the vanilla in this.

So sweet in the bottle. Mostly vanilla, but I'm willing to try for the pumpkin!

All vanilla sugar on first application. I'm getting a little bit of the honey and pumpkin as it dries...

I smell the smoked vanilla bean! It's a bit woody/earthy to me. Maybe plastic? It's tempered by the vanilla, but the pumpkin has disappeared.

Fully dry, it just smells a bit plastic. ): I still like it, but is it the smoked vanilla bean that's getting me?

Hmmm, having a hard time deciding how I feel about this.

On me, there's not much pumpkin at all. It's mostly sweet foodie vanilla and cream. It's nice, but I feel like I have a lot of other foodie scents I like much better. I like Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake a lot better.

That being said, this is quite nice, I just don't feel as if it really has a place in my collection. I was expecting to be less foodie and more "fresh pumpkin".

Certainly what it says on the lable, but SUPER PERFUMEY on my skin. I suspect that it's the smoked vanilla bean that does it, edging the scent into Big Perfume House territory with what they call a vanilla note, but actually ending up more like tonka. Maybe it's a scent association issue. In any case, a good foody perfume for people who are leery of being foody. Think Miss Dior Cherie in feel, though not in scent.

To me this is a light and creamy scent, a lot lighter than I was expecting. I LOVE vanilla and was expecting it to be a little heavier on the vanilla, but nonetheless a really lovely scent.