Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Henry Fuseli
Mandrake root, apple blossom, dusty brown sandalwood, coconut milk, woodmusk, and soft leather.

This is a contemplative scent, soft and dusty in a pleasant way. The first things I smell in the wet stage are the sandalwood and coconut milk. I love the uniqueness of this sandalwood note, which really sets itself apart form the too-dry sandalwoods and the sexy sandalwoods that often appear in Ars Amatoria and the Lupers. This one is unexpectedly comforting, like a furry blanket you've just discovered in the attic and now can't let go. There is an additional, earthier woodiness behind it, which I believe is the mandrake root, and a hint of very well-worn brown leather. The creamy coconut milk and gently floral apple blossom also wrap themselves around you like that furry blanket. It's something I would want to be wearing during a long rainy day, curled up on the sofa, oblivious to everything else except the book I'm reading.

Wet and in the bottle I am getting mostly apple blossom with coconut, and the scent feels very summery.

As it dries down it gets deeper and dustier, though. I am certainly getting the leather, but it is not super prominent. Not sure what mandrake smells like.

It is a very intriguing and a bit unorthodox halloween scent that would also go well for summer, I think.

This is a very pretty and soft blend to me. The apple blossom is tart and the coconut milk gives way to a sweetness that's almost powdery. I get 0 leather and hardly any sandalwood. I do get a very tiny hint of something herbal which I am assuming can only be the mandrake root and it's very pleasant, it keeps everything from going too sweet because of the coconut milk. It smells almost like a Ligeia blend but I can't quite put my finger on which one it is.....

I see this being more for Summer rather than Fall but it's still lovely all the same.

This starts out as apple blossom and coconut. It smells quite summery at first.

Once dried down the musk, sandalwood, and leather come out in muted form to ground the scent.

This is probably my favorite weenie from this year.

I smell coconut without it going tropical and a hint of sweetness/floral on top of a well blended, woodsy, musk base.

Coconut, hint of apple blossom, sandalwood and woody musk. Overall, this is a fall coconut blend. Good throw, good wearlength.

Pirates get off a ship and draw pentagram in their beach hut.

YUP.

Starts off Apple blossom and coconut milk in the lead,followed closely by something I'm unfamiliar with- mandrake root maybe?

As it dries, sandalwood and woodmusk join in with just a touch of soft brown leather hiding & wrapped up in Apple-blossom-coconut-milk.

It really is beachy and summery!! I do wish the woodmusk and leather were stronger on me, as I feel it would make this more 'unisex'. It's pretty!! But it's pretty feminine and I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. Anyone looking for a summer scent that isn't super floral-y or super foodie should really check W&TM out.

A soft, sweet, skin musk scent that doesn't project very much. I agree with the first reviewer that this scent is like a warm fuzzy blanket. I mostly get the coconut, with warmth from the the leather and sandalwood. Other than the coconut, no scent really announces itself very loudly.

Soft, warm, and wonderful. This purchase was kind of on a whim among my Weenie buys (definitely not the one I was the most excited to smell), but I think it's my favorite out of all of them :wub3:

Another 'weenie that seems more like a spring scent than a fall one to me. Apple blossom smells bright, clean, green, tart and soapy, mixed with a watery sort of coconut. Dries down with warm, powdery sandalwood, but no leather or woody musk for me.

Apple blossom and coconut milk are the strongest on me, the leather isn't appearing at all which I don't mind since I'm picky with what leather I like. After a bit of time drying, the sandalwood comes out but it's still heavily apple and coconut. Coconut milk doesn't stay very long, so in the end I'm left with a mostly apple blossom and sandalwood blend. It also smells kind of clean too, not completely laundry detergent but softer. 

This was a complete surprise, I wasn't expecting for it to be this clean and sweet. I guess I just amp up the sweet notes or everything has mellowed with age. Doubtful I'll pick up a bottle since it's turned into a clean scent and I have plenty of those, but I think this could layer well with some other oils I have. Can't wait to try this out with more from my collection!

What a cozy little mandrake this is! I imagine this is what the witch's home smells like after the mandrake has been invited inside.

I enjoy how the apple blossom fits into the scent without make it overtly floral or fruity. Sniffing the bottle you might think it would smell like shampoo, but not so. It does overlap with the coconut milk and sandalwood quite a bit, it's hard to pick those three apart without bumping into the others. The sharper mandrake note contrasts really well with this bundle of familiar notes. There is definitely a gently dusty feel to the blend that fits right into the woodmusk/leather backdrop. It's a faint, soft book cover type of leather. Would be curious to try other perfumes with this woodmusk.