Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Départ Pour Le Sabbat (Aufbruch Zum Hexensabbat)

Bourbon vanilla, sweet red patchouli, oudh, goat's milk accord, and white honey.

Decant: I think I can smell the honey a bit, and general sort of resiny "perfume" smell.

Wet: Patchouli with sugar. Sugared Patch. Pretty light.

Dry: A nice honey and patch, with that cuddly bourbon vanilla. Like others have mentioned, very soft and no additional bite, and occasionally yeah there's a more dusty "ladylike" smell. I think I keep wanting it to be a bit punchier. The occasional whiffs of honey are nice, though. This Witch has definitely gone, and she left behind only the faintest sprinkle of (not cloying) earthy, tangy, vanilla sweetness behind.

Wet this is super nutty and sweet. Very gourmand but dark and woodsy at the same time. Once it dried down I get a beautiful patch, woodsy vanilla that is very delicate. I LOVE THIS and think it smells great with my RR hairgloss.

I'm powerless in the face of patchouli blends especially if there's vanilla in the mix so this was a blind bottle purchase for me. It smells delectable in the bottle, cuddly patch melded with vanilla and a drop of honey.

Once applied, the patch betrays me! What is this madness?! It's very earthy and woodsy and I'm thisclose to the pencil shaving stink. I would believe there was a dirt note in this. I can smell the other notes far, far down. The dirty patch threw them down a well and I can hear faint cries for help.

About half an hour later though, magic happens! The patch backs up, perhaps calmed (or more likely arm wrestled into submission) by the oudh. It's a gorgeous, well-blended scent comprised primarily of woodsy patchouli, smoky oudh, and softly sweet vanilla. As woodbourne says, it's sweet, smoky, and filthy in such a good way!

Edit: After aging the honey amps up to 11. It's still woodsy patch and sweet vanilla honey but it's gone a bit too cloying for me. To swaps with ye :(

Edited by brilliantcat

Super strong patch with a caramel pop (bourbon vanilla + honey). It's very close to skin, I have to bury my nose in my hand and huff deeply before I can detect anything but the patch. It's nice, but I have more amazing patch blends that love my skin better. I'll pass this one on.

In the bottle I get buttery sheep's milk at the front (it reminds me a lot of Giljagaur) with vanilla and honey. Sweet and smooth.

On wet: Similar to in the bottle and the patchouli comes out and adds some texture and earthyness, but this isn't a super gritty and dirty patchouli. Definitely on the sweeter and more refined side of patchouli.

Dry: Same as wet but with the oudh underneath everything. A very warm, creamy, and sweet but not in a cloying or foodie way scent. Comforting but also a touch sexy. Extremely well blended. I think I have a new favorite.

I often wonder if I got a mispoured bottle because I get nothing creamy or sweet or even patch from this one. It smells like dead leaves on me and something kinda floral. I had my roommate smell it too and told her what was in it and she said "I don't smell ANY of that" it's gorgeous but I think I seriously don't have what is labeled.

The lab's red patchouli and oud are iffy on me, but I love this blend. The patch and oud have this warm, dry, slightly smoky woods smell, all wrapped up in the sweet, creamy, foodie notes. I love the goat's milk note (creamy, cool, smooth, milky, amazing), and the vanilla and honey sweeten it up beautifully. It winds up being a creamy, sweetened, woody patchouli. So gorgeous.

Wet: Patchouli and I smell something nutty every few sniffs

Dry: I think the nutty bit is actually honey. Didn't love it at first but in the drydown I'm getting Vanilla that helps round it out. I'm also getting a spice quality

This smells like some type of off brand incense I used to use. And because that brings back bad memories I'm probably going to swap this one. Too bad because it is a nice scent

I'm on a roll with goat's milk recently, so when I found a few decants I'd misplaced after a recent swap, this was my immediate choice. The goat's milk was strongest when wet, and it gave Depart pour le Sabbat good wear length and throw on me, even after it became more subdued in drydown. Chewy patchouli and honey take over with a warm, pleasant grounding of oudh, which was the note I was most worried about here, but there's nothing indolic about it. Another win for goat's milk; a gorgeous, earthy-sweet fall blend.

Depart pour le Sabbat is such a cozy yummy scent. My first encounter with goat’s milk and the creamy gourmand paired with the sweet woody patch is great! The honey and vanilla amp the sweetness, but I think the oud is helping to keep them from taking over completely. The patchouli woodiness stays strong throughout. My partner says I smell like a delicious New Age shop. Mmmmm... my new favorite for the chilly winter days. 

In the Imp: Patchouli and alcohol :wacko2:

On Me: Thankfully the alchohol scent subsides and the milk and honey come through with a sprinkle of vanilla. It's an enjoyable scent and glad to have gotten a frimp of this from a forum member. If I didn't already have similar scents, I'd try and get a bottle of this ASAP because it's lovely. 

Sweet goat milk with a soft bourbon and patchouli. Perfumy- not gourmand on me.

though it's very rich and sweet, this is not gourmand at all to me.  that might be down to aging. 

primarily a deep, woodsy-type patchouli and a beautifully sweet, perfumey, almost spicy oud that are thoroughly meshed into one creature, which i hereby dub patchoudi.   lots of creamy rich vanilla, but i never would have pegged it as goats' milk in particular. no honey to speak of, but i'm sure it's bringing the sweetness. 

this is verrah verrah nice.  i have some similar things, so i don't feel a compulsion to track it down.  but if i spot it in a destash, i will no doubt snatch it up.