Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Single Note: Apple Cider

In the bottle: This is a spiced cider, but the spices don't seem to be as intense as they were in last year's Autumn Cider. I'm hoping that this will cooperate on my skin, unlike the aforementioned scent, which burned.

Wet: This is really juicy, and the spices are increasing in strength the longer they sit on my skin. I find this one to be reminiscent of the Trading Post's Harvest Festival atmosphere spray, in that it reminds me of fruit punch.

Dry: This becomes less punch-like after sitting on the skin for a while, but I still think it leans towards punch more than cider on me. There is a big red area on my skin where I applied it, so I guess the spices in this one don't like me. :(

Verdict: I keep buying cider scents because I'm always a slut for apples, and I love apple cider. Alas, my skin seems to be too sensitive for these scents. I'm going to retest this after it has had more time to settle, because I feel like my skin is just really dry right now, so I'll see how that goes. However, I have a feeling this one will be passed onto a friend that adores spicy scents.

As far as the scent goes, this doesn't come close to my favorite apple-y Weenie, which happens to be Lambs-Wool. I hope that one returns next year, as I'm about to break into my back-up bottle.

I keep trying apple scents in hopes that I'll like one of them, but they always seem to go unpleasant on me. :( Or maybe I just don't like the smell of apple as much as I think I do?

In any case, this is very true to the description and smells JUST LIKE fresh apple cider. I love just getting a quick whiff of it from my decant, but then unfortunately it turns sharp and bitter once I've applied it to my skin. Womp womp. I'm going to try this one a couple more times to see if I can make it work though, and if not I'll keep up the hunt for the elusive apple scent that likes me.

The apple scents can't miss this year! I tried this along with Candied Apple, and while C.A. was sweet and true to scent, Apple Cider had a little fizzy kick to it and I think champagne/fizzy scent fans will LOVE this. So festive, and something that you can wear through Yule.

Origin: Decant circle

Initial Thoughts: I love a good apple cider recipe and how it smells. I tried last year's Autumn Cider, which decided to be orange cider rather than apple. Maybe this year it will be more apple-like and less boozy.

In the Vial: Definitely an apple presence this time. It reminds me a little of my favorite version of Harvest Moon (2005) with a bottle of sweet red wine dumped in.

Wet: The wine-like note leaps out first and now it's quite like the scent of a favorite mulled wine recipe my family uses with super-sweet muscadine grapes. There's some airy apple behind that.

Drydown: The spices come out and the apple warms up. The wine scent is now in the background, adding sweetness to the whole thing.

Verdict: This is the cider scent for me. Must now budget to see whether I can get a bottle or not.

Yum. I love it. Red apples, juiced for cider, with lots of the notes that apples can offer. Some floral hints, a spice note, a little wine, fresh apple skin...

Yum.

After aging for a year, the cinnamon note is more prominent. I wore it in my scent locket, and by mid-day the cinnamon was all that was left.

Edited by Teamama

Love this one! It smells like crisp apples with cinnamon and spices in the vial, and the apple really comes out while it's wet. I put a bit on the ends of my hair and all day long, I got the delicious apple scent. On my skin, it dried down into a lovely warm blend of spices.

This is one of my favorite all time BPALs. I got an imp of this in a decant circle and I will absolutely be getting a bottle. I can only imagine how delicious and spicy this is going to smell when aged.

2020 Edit: I apparently did not follow my plan and buy a bottle, and finding the old imp makes me sad that I did not.  It is super spicy, super apple-y, just absolutely delicious.  I feel like this is the perfect aged fall spice blend.

Edited by MonkeysInk
Retested imp.

Mmm... Spiced apples with cinnamon, allspice and mulling spices. This smells like an awesome spiced cider. Good throw, medium wear length.

And now I'm hungry.

When I first got my bottle of Apple Cider in the mail, it was way too spicy and sharp, but it seems to have mellowed out after a month.
First on, this smells like someone took red fruit punch and filled it up with lots of cinnamon and cider spices.
As it dries down, the spices soften and are more sweet and less sharp, and the fruit punch is less tart and smells more & more like real, juicy apples. It starts to remind me of baked apples with a cinnamon sugar glaze (kind of vanilla-y), next to a glass of chilled apple cider. I like how it smells of warm spices and chilled apple at the same time. After an hour, the scent gets a hint of smoky dead leaf to it on my skin for some reason, and it smells so much like an idealized version of autumn.
I don't know if I'll keep my bottle, because I have trouble wearing scents this spicy, but I do enjoy the apple and sweetness here. It smells very much like fall.

In bottle: Very very apple cider with a hint of fizz. Wet: More nuanced on the skin. I'd swear there is a subtle wood note suggesting the aging barrel. It is still strongly apple dominant. I often have trouble with the lab fizz note, but here it is delicate enough for me to wear. This is perfect. Dry: The perfect apple cider

MMMMMmmmm in the bottle it smells like the gift store in Cracker Barrel which is a good thing for me anyway :)

It smells like fall spices, mixed with wood, hay, smoke, fire and a healthy dose of apples.

On me it's very sweet, almost sickly with all the spices and warm apple but the dry down is perfect all warm, fizzy, spicy apples.

LOVE LOVE!

The perfect balance of tartness and sweetness. Much less spicy than Autumn Cider or Lambs-Wool, and I prefer it over them. Really reminds me of visiting the cider mill every fall when I was a kid. Now I need a single note Cinnamon Sugar Donut to layer with it!

Imp ; mmmmm cider

Wet on skin ; mmmmmm cider

Drydown; mmmmmmm cider.

Perfectly apple cider. The good kind of apple cinder. Tons of vague spices and apple pulp. Much more clear than other "cider" scents I've tried. I love this so much. Another review said it was just like Pure Applesauce. If so; I'ma stockpile me some bottles. Off to swap for that lovely since it'll be easier to get than a bottle of this one.

Verdict; Love it. Perfect Apple Cider. If a version gets remade I'm going to be all over it. Flawless love.