Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple with white coconut, fig, and tiare.

This a nice tropical Apple scent. The scent is primarily red apple, lightly sweetened with coconut and ripe fig lingering in the background. Fresh, green and sweet!

Apple doesn't normally work for me. Well, not that it doesn't work, it just disappears. But I had to try this anyway, based on the other notes. I figured even if the apple disappeared, I might be left with gorgeous coconut and fig, two of my all time favourite notes.

So far the apple has actually stuck around, and it's nice! Fresh and crisp. The coconut is providing a warm base. The fig hasn't really come out yet, but I amp fig like there's no tomorrow, so I figure it'll show up eventually...

Anyway, this is lovely. Fresh and clean and a bit tropical. Perfect for spring/summer.

Apple forward (I suppose that is appropriate) including the red skin, followed by a very creamy coconut note. The fig and (watch my amazing process of elimination) tiare blending into the background. It pretty quickly settles into a unified blend with no notes popping out particularly. Very pretty but also very sweet. Almost too sweet for me to wear. Almost. I don't know how regularly I will turn to this particular blend, but it is lovely.

I would like this as a dessert please. An apple-fig crisp with coconut topping. It's a delicious combination.

Eta: Later I have to report that I reach for it all the time and love it more each time.

Edited by Lydialove

Oh goodness I don't even know how this is possible. Apple saves Coconut Tiare from Tropical Mess! Adds much needed freshness and tartness! This dusty powdery fig is just stunning in this blend, adding a woodsy note that grounds the whole confection. It's marvelous. What I love about these Apples is that they aren't reading FALL in some kind of spiced cider we've all been here before retread. This one especially is unexpected and very welcome.

Tzi

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: I love coconut. I love tiare. I quite like apple. I have no objection to fig.

In the Bottle: APPLE! A very tart fresh apple. A second sniff gives a hint of sweetness in the background and says that this will not be a single-note apple.

Wet: The coconut jumps out quickly to mute the strongest level of apple.

Drydown: The fig and tiare emerge and help create a sweet tropical apple. But there is a trace of plasticky to the whole thing on my skin.

Verdict: Unsure. Overall I love it, but that bit of plastic is highly annoying.

In the vial: Wow, apple! Beautiful red apple.

Wet: The apple has calmed down once it hits my skin and now I can smell the tiare. Very pretty so far. I can smell the coconut now as well and it is a nice soft coconut, but not suntan lotion coconut.

Dry: The apple has settled into a faint wisp in the background on me. This is mostly just coconut now with the other notes mixing and mingling in the background.

Overall: While the coconut is the most prominent in the end all the other notes mixed together beautifully with it. While I do like this, I don't really see myself wearing it all that often. I think my sister might like this better as she likes those soft, playful tropical scents.

In the bottle it's gorgeous apple and coconut scent, like a juicy apple martini with Malibu Rum!

On my skin its a juicy wet tart red apple with very subtle hints of sweet coconut. The apple and coconut blend so well together neither is overpowering, just perfectly juicy and sweet. The apple is the most prominent smell though but only just.

Absolutely amazing.

This is seriously gorgeous on me. It starts out all bright apple and very subtle coconut with just a little floral -- light, sweet, yet sophisticated. As it dries down and fades it turns a little powdery, but in a yummy I-want-to-lick-my-skin way. The coconut is the lingering scent, but with a sort of vanilla floral tone.

Really, I can't describe how lovely this is. It's the surprise winner out of all the apples for me.

I thought this was quite an odd Weenie when I read it but then again I was more excited at the thought of 4 of my favourite notes all rolled into one scent :yum: so I couldn't resist getting a bottle. Sniffing it from the bottle, it's pure apple (and like someone said above, specifically red apple) with a whole lot of powdery sweetness underneath. On the drydown, the apple is still the main player but the fig comes out to play and the tiare becomes quite strong and takes over for a minute until it calms down and a soft creamy-ness comes out, which I'm assuming is the blend of the coconut and tiare. It takes a while for the coconut to become detectable, and I was initially disappointed that I couldn't smell it straight away as I looooove coconut but I realised it just needs to sit on the skin and warm up for a few minutes before I can pick it up.

So at the end of the drydown, I am left with a soft, powdery coconut with a hint of apple and fig underneath. Nice! Unfortunately my skin just eats it and after an hour or so, there is only the faintest vanilla-like whiff remaining *sadface* So this is going to be one I'm going to have to reapply frequently, and for that reason (and the fact that I love it) I'm contemplating getting a back-up!

Light and pretty, reminds me of Goldenrod Spider a bit. Tropical and floral, I note the coconut much more than any apple. Fun and summery, but I'm happy with my imp.

First off it is all powdery tiare all the time with a barely detectable red apple in the background. The more it sits and blooms on the skin the more magical it becomes. The fig and the coconut blend together so beautifully and I do detect a powdery sweetness like others mention above and it's so nice and very tropical. The coconut never turns to suntan lotion or anything sour.

Best suited for Summer but it's still nice. I will enjoy my decant.

I get a slight apple when I first put it on. Then coconut. And then it just melds into this milky, floral scent that I am just not feeling. Pass.

Oh my goodness. For a blend that only identified three notes this is surprisingly complex. Apple can sometimes seem ALL APPLE, but the other notes ground this quite nicely and there is a cool tropical feel here. It reminds me a lot of Pumpkin Princess if you replace the pumpkin with apple!

Edited by Leopard403

Tropical apple, coconut and fig. This sort of reminds me to Snow White in vibe, but that's because I get coconut from both blends.

Cool, tropical, apple.

My favorite of the apple scents. The apple smells like a mix of sweet red apple and clean green apple, sweetened up with tons of coconut cream, toasted coconut, and a woody, almost chocolatey fig note. I love the lab's fig note, and I like how the crisp parts of the apple keep this from going too sweet.

I really love this wet. It's a glorious tropical whiff of fresh tart apple and sweet tiare, with the warmth and softness of coconut and fig.

Then I get what always happens to me with coconut scents -- it turns into a fake coconut plastic. As with all apple scents on me, the apple is going pretty quickly.

But once it's dry, it's a really delicious coconut-vanilla on my skin with no remnant of apple or plastic. If I can manage to ignore it when it's in plastic mode, I think I'll enjoy this.

Creamy coconut apple goodness. It smells like fresh cut apples dipped in coconut cream. The figs really ground it for me, making it not too sweet. I'm not sure what tiare smells like, but there might be an edge of it since there's something I can't really identify.

Tropical apples! This is definitely apple + coconut, creamy, a little toasted, almost foody. The crispness of the apple cuts through the sweet coconut.

I would definitely drink this, but I'm not sure I want to wear it. A warm, summery scent.

In the decant: Apple and coconut. The fig is lingering in the background.

Wet: Apple and coconut are the main players here, along with what I think must be the tiare. Sadly, I'm still not getting much fig at this point.

Dry: Coconut, followed by the apple. I don't know if it is the coconut note, or the coconut and tiare, but I'm getting a somewhat plastic-y smell from this on my skin. I can smell a bit of the fig now, but it is very faint.

Verdict: I thought the apple and fig might be a nice combo, but the fig isn't a main player on me, and I dislike the plastic-y vibe that I'm getting during the dry stage of the scent. Not for me.

It smells like fresh cut apples dipped in coconut cream.

Yes, this! When I go to sniff my wrist, at first it seems like just a sweet apple... but then as I stop breathing in and just hold the scent for a minute, it just starts dripping with delicious coconut cream. Like the best piña colada, but with apple instead of pineapple. I don't pick up tiare or fig as individual notes, but I think they're helping to sweeten this up and give it some depth.

I'm not quite sure why I bought this, as I hate coconut. But, fortunately, for me anyway, the coconut does not show its face.

On me this is almost an apple single note, with a touch of creamy fig later in the day, and maybe a whiff of the tiare? But mostly its just sweet apple on me.

I should be complaining about that more, but I'm so relieved it didn't turn into a pina colada on me, that I'll give it a pass.