Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green apple with pink pepper, Himalayan cedar, juniper berries, and lemon rind.

Although this combination seemed the least appealing of the Apple series, it's fabulous! It reminded me of the Green Apple Hair Gloss--green, sweet, and tart. Very complex, and fruity without being too foody. Very fresh and just a tad citrusy.

In the bottle it is very sharp, but beautifully so. It's very clean with strong hints of lemon and green tart apple.

Again like many of the Labs scents it reminds me of something from my childhood ... I can't put my finger on it but its a happy feeling.

On my skin it's incredible. Lots of lemon with hints of apple and berry. It's sweet and sharp and very refreshing. LOVE!!

Wet, this smells fruity, with equal balance between the pink pepper, lemon and apple initially, then it becomes pink lemonade. Although I detected the juniper berry initially, instead of smelling of evergreen, it actually does come off as more of a berry note in this mix. So, pink berry lemonade with a hint of apple. Fresh but without being high pitched or cloying. Also, the lemon did not go Pledge cleaner on me, which I thought could be a distinct possibility paired with an evergreen like juniper.

Drying on bare skin, the apple really is not a match for these other power hitters, so I get predominantly LEMON, PINK PEPPER, a hint of berry, and a ghost of apple. So, it is slightly sweet, that could be the influence of the apple or something else, see my comments on the dry down. The apples were not tart on me, and quite overpowered by the lemon, pepper and berry but sweet and candy-ish.

This would be a wonderful summer scent when you want to cool off or a Hello, time to wake up! scent. I really thought that the pink pepper would kill it for me, so I am glad to have purchased a decant as I almost passed on it. The pink pepper in Jiggery P0k3ry made me slightly nauseous, so I thought it was a note of doom, but that is not the case here. Perhaps the tart lemon keeps it in check. I am actually contemplating a partial bottle and will certainly hoard the imp. This would be wonderful for a quick swipe when I need to wake up and focus. It's definitely an uplifting and energizing scent.

ETA: This lasted only about 3.5 hours and I question if there is a teensy bit of tonka in the dry down, it was just slightly sweet and powdery. I guess it could have been the juniper berry, I think it is a little resinous. It did not morph much and stayed true to the wet stage with predominantly berry pink lemonade juicy happiness all the way through. I think it really did help me focus. The throw was not too impressive, it hovered pretty close to the skin, so this is a good one when you don't want to be too sexy or obvious you are wearing scent. Very well balanced, not too foody and definitely not one dimensional if lacking in throw and longevity. A surprise hit! If you like things like Zanthe and Pet Magah Bird, give this a whirl.

Source (decanted imp) Tested on wrist and hand

Edited by sprout

This started off lovely and fresh. Sadly, it has turned into Glade air freshener on me. Specifically, the weird cone shaped ones in the plastic that you find in gas station and camp ground bathrooms.

Hmm, this starts really well but totally blows the dismount.

Sweet apple...ish in the bottle — apple notes, but not truly apple juice. Goes on as oh YEAH pepper cedar juniper WOW that'll clear your sinuses! Then there's a wonderful lemon note which lingers and combines with apple — a sweet Granny Smith, not a pure tart juice; it's a beautiful variant on that note.

As it dries, the cedar comes out more strongly and the lovely lemon and apple fade, until it's just a cedar. Considering how much I liked the foodie notes in the open, it's a disappointment.

I loved the idea of this and it smelled lovely and fresh in the bottle but on my skin it gets a sort of bathroom cleaner smell. Not for me. :(

My least favorite of the Apples this year. The apple smells green, tart and sharp, and the lemon smells sharp and sour on my skin. I can't pick out the other listed notes, and the apple & lemon combo is just too sour and soapy smelling for me.

Lemon, green apples and cedar. This one is a pencil + green apples sort of smell. Which is very odd to me. Decent throw and wear length.

A bit tart and sharp in the bottle, and I put it on and it smells like... cleaner? Air freshener? Something "apple scented" but not really apple.

The citrus notes burn off relatively quickly and I'm left with something that smells like apple-scented bubble gum.

I don't even know.

In the decant: Bright, green apple, lemon, and juniper berry, followed by some sweet pink pepper. The cedar note isn't very prominent in the decant.

Wet: The green apple note reigns, and I can still smell the lemon rind and juniper berry. Then, the pink pepper begins to emerge, but the green apple, lemon, and juniper berry notes are still the strongest. At one point, the scent verges on smelling like cleaner on my skin.

Dry: The pink pepper is far more prominent during the dry stage of the scent and is now the dominant note, though I can still smell a fair amount of the green apple and lemon rind. The cedar note has also made an appearance, but it resides in the background, adding some warmth to the scent.

Verdict: Not bad, but it doesn't wow me, even though I enjoy apple and pink pepper in my perfumes. I think it's because the lemon note is a main player on my skin.

It's a refreshing blend. The apple note reminds me of a ripe Granny Smith apple variety, complemented by the lemon peel and juniper berry. It turns gradually somewhat powdery and reminds me of an apple mash. The decant will suffice and i'm sure i'll put it to use in the summer.

This starts off really well - apple, lemon and pink pepper. The pepper takes the whole thing up a level for me - it adds a surprising twist to the tart apple and citrus. In the early stage I can detect the cedar in the background, but it is a nice supporting player.

Sadly, the cedar takes over pretty quickly. On my wrist (where scents are always sweeter for some reason) I can detect the apple and pepper hanging in there, but elsewhere the cedar takes over.

Too bad. Although now I'm curious to try more BPAL's with pepper notes.

Edited by joopjoop

When I got this last autumn, I was not overly impressed. This is because it felt wrong for the season, not for any fault of its own. It felt too summery!

Well, its summer now!

This is green apple, with a twist of lemon and a dusting of pepper. Its very fresh, very clean.

I don't get any of the cedar, which is great. I get a bright, clear green apple, which is lovely in the heat of summer, but will get tucked away come autumn.

This doesn't even have 2 pages of reviews yet?!? I also can't believe I haven't put in my review yet, so I'm not helping. :P

This is one of my favorite apple blends from this year's releases. It's so clean, fruity, and refreshing. These notes blend so well together, I wouldn't be able to pick out any particular notes. Maybe green apple. My skin chemistry does nice things with pink pepper, kinda like a musky, powdery thing that I really enjoy. I don't feel like cedar, juniper, or lemon are overpowering at all.

Sadly, it doesn't last very long on me. Maybe 2 hours. It becomes a close-to-skin scent after the initial blast. But this does feel like an apple that you could wear year-round.

This is a straight up Granny Smith apple scent to me - green, bright, tart.

The lemon rind gives this a very fresh appeal, the juniper makes this a tad bit cologney but not so much that it reads as masculine.

My skin doesn't amp the pepper or cedar note at all.

Even during drydown, this remains a green and true apple scent on me.

It is not complex enough to keep it, but it's also doesn't read as cleaner to my nose.

If you love Granny Smith, you definitely need to give this a try.