Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple with hay absolute, oats, honey, cream vanilla, and goat's milk accord.

In The Bottle: APPLES! Also some hay.
Wet On Skin: Red, juicy apples. That's it!

Dry Down: Ah ha! Hello, goat's milk! Hello, vanilla!

In All: a must for apple fans, this apple-heavy perfume is sweet and juicy, with little hints of the milk and vanilla, making it into sort of a farm-like apple mash. I'm sad to not get past, as I love the oat note, but perhaps that will change with age.

In the bottle: Very creamy. I mainly smell red apple, vanilla cream, goat's milk, and honey. The hay and oat notes are lingering in the background.

Wet: A soft, red apple, vanilla cream, and goat's milk reign. I'm getting more creaminess than apple from this. The apple note gains a little strength after the scent has sat on my skin for a bit, and the honey note is beginning to emerge, as well as the hay note. At the moment, the goat's milk is the most prominent note.

Dry: The goat's milk remains as the dominant note. I'm still getting the soft apple note, but it is even softer now. The hay and oat notes are stronger during the dry phase, adding some more warmth. It's actually a rather clean scent.

After a while, the vanilla cream note starts coming out more, but it is staying rather close to the skin.

Verdict: The apple note isn't very strong on my skin, so this is primarily a creamy scent. I will be hanging onto my bottle, because I don't have any other scents like this, and I'm curious to see how it will age.

In the Bottle: A bowl of milk and oats, with a lot of fresh apples and just a touch of honey. Creamy, but with the apple tartness to brighten up everything.

Wet on the Skin: Apple is still there, but is now playing second fiddle to the cream and oats.

Drydown: The apple slips to the background, while a warm and creamy bowl of goats milk and oats and honey takes the foreground.

The overall impression: Its a warm scent, creamy with just a hint of spice. The apple still makes little flirtatious appearance behind the cream, but its mostly oats and milk. I like it! Its going to be a great cold weather scent.

Source: Twilighteyes was sweet enough to trade me a partial, and I immediately dumped it over my hands.

I get a lot of hay and apple and not very much cream, which is a relief because this accident could have been hugely headache inducing under different circumstances. I really love the hay note, and it marries so beautifully with the apple here. Instead of making it read FALL DAMNIT it's kind of a high end body product kind of apple. In fact, the entire scent really reminds me of this incredibly decadent Laura Mercier body cream I used to own with a light clean milk scent. Like that but with apples.

Tzi

Apple I smells like baked red apple and a bit of sweet oatmeal on me, with a touch of something fresh and outdoorsy (maybe the hay?). The red apple note is so yummy and true, and I love how the other notes soften it. They make it creamy and slightly blurry—taking some of the 'bite' out of the apple. Very pretty.

I like this one a lot! Apples and honey up front, but that creamy vanilla and goat's milk wrapped around them, softening everything and keeping it from being overly sweet. Can't place the hay, but there's a hint of amber, maybe? Nothing dusty or dry - just soft and rich and sweet and warm. Like a sunbeam on a cool day.

Fair warning, this decant is fresh out of the mailbox, but I can't wait to do some sniffing! :D

In the decant: Ooh, yummy. The scent description for Apple I didn't specify a kind of apple (red/green/etc), but I think it smells more like a sweeter red apple, almost candied.

On my skin: Sweet apple. It smells almost wet and juicy! It kind of reminds me of a hard boiled-sugar candy like an apple Jolly Rancher. While I was worried about the "cream" vanilla and the goat's milk, I'm not getting anything sour or dairy-like here. It might just add to the overall "candiness" of the scent by giving it a sort of creamy smoothness. It starts to become more like a caramel apple than a hard candy.

Overall, this is a sweet candy apple without the spice notes that a lot of apple scents come with.

I think I can smell the hay and oats more as it dries down, but they're not very strong, they just give this scent a sort of "grainy" background.

Another Hobbity scent that I actually like better than the RPG Halfling!

Like most apple scents, this doesn't last very long on my skin, but it's nice while it lasts.

Creamy baked red apples. After unexpectedly liking My Baby and a Baby Goat, I thought the goat's milk accord might do nice things, but I don't get much here. It's mostly about the light, sweet red apples.

I find this one very soft, low throw.

In the bottle it's sweet sugary creamy apples.

On my skin it's juicy wet apple with hints of soft violet. Very soft and beautifully romantic.

As it turns out, apple and goat's milk accord play together beautifully: The apple is kept from becoming too astringent and the goat's milk doesn't get too buttery or salty-smelling. Very nice.

I have the worst luck with weenies. To date, none of the weenies I've ever gotten have remained wearable. Samhain (2014) was wearable a handful of times and then never worked on me again, and has remained awful and headache inducing. 2015 Sugar Skull smells like Samhian on me, just less so. I wonder if there's some common autumnal note that my skin amps to headache levels.

Apple I seemed SO promising. I love hay. I goat's milk. I LOVE vanilla. My Baby and a Baby Goat has hay and goat's milk as well, and smells amazing on me. And yet...

In the bottle: APPLES, fresh apples, so tasty and perfectly...apple like. Something nice and fresh and green underneath--the hay?

Wet: Apples! Sweetness--the honey? Going a little shampoo, but still nice.

Dry: AUTUMNAL POTPOURRI HEADACHE, amped to highest heaven and lowest hell. No apples. No hay. No apologies. Whatever I can't stand about Samhain is here in full force.

Is it red apple itself that my skin hates? Is it? Is buying a full bottle of this untested a really dumb move on my part? This apple definitely seems like a red apple and Samhain has red apples and oh god I don't know. I love Halloween, I love BPAL, but seriously: not a single weenie has worked out for me yet. Alas. Mope.

I'll try again in a month or so, but I might just have to get around to figuring out how to smell my bottles on here.

Apple, hay, vanilla. This one is an oddly apple + slightly floral sweet hay. Decent throw, decent wear length.

I don't really get goat's milk. :)

This is a fresh, clean, cool, green apple smell to me, on a bed of dusty hay and warm, powdery, creamy honey and oats. The apple part reminds me of Snow, Glass, Apples, but this is paired with warmer, sweeter notes. The only note that I can't pick out is the milk. Apple I is honeyed apple and hay.

Apples and honey with a touch of goat's milk! The milk is sweeter than I'm used to in milk/cream notes. I only get a slight dusting of hay enough to make my nose twitch in anticipation of a sneeze haha.

Red apples with sweet vanilla cream. No oats or hay for me, which is a slight letdown since I love the oats note. But I'll settle for apples and cream. It's totally foodie -- the apple note is incredibly realistic. Glad to have purchased a bottle!

My favorite of the apples! This was the first perfume with the lab's goats milk note I tried, and I think I'm addicted - in addition to buying a bottle of Apple I (after a decant I went through very quickly), I also bought a bottle of My Baby and a Baby Goat unsniffed and loved that too!

This scent on me is warm, sunny, apples on a farm. The apples are red, juicy and sweet, the vanilla cream and goat's milk add a lovely creaminess, and the oats and hay round it out to make it warm and comforting. Nothing about this smells fake to me at all, and I think it'll be lovely year-round. :wub2:

Hahah, oh god. I just saw my prior review for this. A full year later, this is AMAZING.

Wet: ...fresh! apples! actually apples! like biting into a crisp, beautifully tart apple. ohmygod.

Dry: a hint of that fresh clean apple smell (clean, but not at all soapy), and a lovely soft goat's milk with a hint of hay. Light, but not insubstantial. Seriously amazing. I want to eat this. I want my laundry to smell like this. I want to bathe in this. Mmm.

I don't know if it's time or if my skin went through some radical change in the past year, but all three weenies with apples that I was formerly complaining about all smell absolutely wonderful.

I snagged a bottle of this last fall and apparently forgot to review it, so, here's my take on a year-old bottle!

I don't know if the oil itself changed with age or my nose did -- when I first got this, the apple note (which is pretty much all you get in the bottle) was cloyingly sweet and almost medicinal-smelling to me. After not wearing it for most of a year (it's very much a fall scent), I picked it back up and found the apple note is still really strong in the bottle, but it doesn't seem as aggressively sweet or artificial. Now it's more like sticking my nose into a bag of fresh red apples.

My skin really amps up the other notes once it's on, especially the oats and vanilla -- the goat's milk is there, but it's not the strong, slightly sour smell I get with other goat's milk blends. Same for the hay and honey notes -- I'm sure they're there, but they're hard to pick out individually. The apple stays strong for the first few hours, but this gradually fades on me to a pleasant creamy vanilla scent with a vague hint of apple. Overall, if you like the idea of a warm, foody apple scent, snag a bottle of this if you find one floating around. I've found myself reaching for it often this fall.

For an apple scent, this is a lot of softer than I anticipated. Usually, the apples are so juicy or biting that they overwhelm me. When wet this one is similar, but as it dries the hay, oats, and cream come out more, they soften it and despite the cream give the usually juicy red apple, a dustier quality. I think I may have found an apple that works for me!

Goat’s milk tang in the bottle, which is surprising because I’ve never actually gotten goat’s milk from a BPAL blend. Goes on as the Lab’s lovely apple note, but the entire thing quickly vanishes for a minute. It returns as a woody, grassy note.

This was one of the first BPAL apple notes I've tried and I've gotta say, they do apple really well!

Apple I is a creamy, slightly nutty apple and milk scent. It's warm and comforting but not cloying at all. I love that the honey isn't overpowering because it does tend to make scents heavy. When dry, it smells of creamy goat milk and vanilla with oats. It is SO lovely.