Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
agirlnamedfury

Dead Leaves, Black Pepper, and Sandalwood

Ooh, this is definitely peppery! There's a very dry spiciness to it, and the sandalwood also comes through strong. The leaves aren't as up front in this blend as they are with some of the others in this little collection, but they're definitely in the mix.

I don't know if I see myself reaching for this one often, but something about it is very intriguing and I think it would smell great on a man.

Sniffed straight from the imp this was my favorite of all the leaves. It's spicy but not sneeze-inducing. I'd say "smoky" except that would make it sound like it was straight-up barbecue sauce. It's not. For one thing there's no vetiver. Still I get the impression of smoke even if there is no actual smoke. The pepper is bright, the leaves are very dry. It smells a bit like the lab's ivy note, except dry and papery.

In the drydown sandalwood becomes more prominent than pepper. Not bad, but not my favorite. Somewhat masculine.

absolutely beautiful dead leaves cologne.

it's a dry unisex scent. the pepper offeres a subtle kick of spice. the sandal is dry and smooth.

one of my two favorite dead leaves scents.

Absolutely freaking gorgeous. The pepper does grant it a subtle kick, but the leaves and sandalwood together are just. pure. poetry.

This is probably one of my favourite autumnal scents yet, and it smells incredible on my husband. (It's definitely more on the masculine side of unisex, so if I were to wear it, I might have to add a drop of Velvet to soften it a little bit.)

Not the same dead leaf note as DL and Tobacco, DL, Vanilla, Myrrh, and Sonnet d'Automne note; it's not nearly as sharp. The whole blend is almost floral. I don't care for sandalwood by itself, but I got the tester pack for the DL scents. Husband seems to like it okay.

Dry spicy pepper, sandalwood, hint of leaves. This is almost masculine on me. Again, a very different take on the leaves, but not necessarily my style. Low throw thankfully, but good wear length.

Dry, pepper, leaves.

I love this scent, especially on my husband. I think that it smells very manly and sexy. The black pepper in this is great - very dark, sensual, and spicy. The sandalwood doesn't smell like its usually bright, powdery, creamy woods, but rather smells like a really dark, polished, exotic wood note (almost rosewood-ish on me). And the whole thing makes me think of black musk, leather, and darkness. Has something of a man's cologne feel that I just love.

Definitely peppery! Now I want Kirkland Kettle chips from Costco, it's the same pepper note. Ends up as a spicy, gritty dry sandalwood blend. Really not my style, and quite honestly, I wouldn't want to smell it on anyone else either. I feel like I want to sneeze now.

Starts out as an odd combination of dusty pepper (like the really low quality black pepper you find in diners) and sharp, slightly damp dead leaves. Quickly, the dead leaf odor fades and the sandalwood rises up to make this a little spicy, a little dry, and overall a fairly traditional scent. Low throw, very much a "cologne" fragrance on me -- my chemistry has just devoured anything subtle that was there.

Right away there is a spicy note of powdery, dusty pepper like kakiphony has mentioned. I like that a lot, but curiously up close on my skin, the pepper rapidly disappeared and the leaves predominated. All the same, they were more the dry, rustling sort of leaves one might expect from the name.

Even curiouser, though, is soon after, when I go to smell it, the green note, like this were a mix of dead leaves and living ones, is what now dominates the scent. I'm not getting any sandalwood, really. Very little throw. Can't say that I like it as much as DL and Tobacco.