Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
d0gbones

Dead Leaves, Honey, and Oudh

In the bottle: Sort of musty and sharp, like a synthetic version of dead leaves.
Wet: Almost herbal, very earthy.
Dry: A very natural dead leaf smell, not musty or unpleasant, but I'm only getting a suggestion of honey and no oudh at all :( After about half an hour, it feels much more rounded out, but the oudh still isn't as prominent as I'd like. Very wearable though and it's definitely a keeper.

Wet this is that dirty honey note that some honey scents have, which normally ruins a scent but in this provides an interesting contrast to the dead leaves. Dry it's just leaves with a bit of sweetness. Nice! This feels the least "dead leafy" of the 6 and more like a regular non-Autumnal scent.

this starts off with the bpal leafy scent, which is instantly recognizable. then i get the oudh which i love and the honey in this is thick rich honey almost bordering on beeswaxy but not quite. thankfully, because the beeswax goes odd on me, but no this honey is staying nice and honeyish. after awhile it's mostly honey with hints of oudh and leaves. i like this one, but it's not a love. i think the leaves are just too strong on me. i like them but they go a little sharp in the beginning. will have to try again for the final verdict.

absolutely stunning in the decant and on wet. sweet floral honey with smokey oudh over a restrained leaf note. bright, sweet, pretty, leaning slightly feminine.

in the elbow crook, the scent dries down to the same, but at my wrists the honey note goes waxy-plastic. I love this scent, although I'm not sure i pull it off.

Starts with crushed live leaves. I’m waiting for the honey. This is really foul. It finally mellows, which is good, with the honey coming up. The leaves finally become their dead, dusty selves.

Not a fan of this one.

It smells dirty, musty and just plain gross on me. Shame because in the decant I loved how the honey note smelled against the leaf note.

I'm afraid I'm not on the supporting side of this one either.

I definitely smell the dead leaves, but that's all I smell. I was hoping they might be subdued a little with the honey and oudh. Nope.

This starts out on me as the perfect mix of earth and honey and dead leaves. So much that I think a decant isn't enough, I need a full bottle. And for about an hour, it's glorious... and then goes to flat, dead wood. Ah well.

The creamy, vanilla-y honey and dark sweetness of this scent really reminds me of Dragon's Milk. As it dries down, it starts to turn slightly powdery on my skin. Powdery, creamy, vanilla-honey on a bed of dry woods with a hint of dry leaves.

Much less sweet than I expected from a blend with honey, and the vegetable dead leaf note faded very quickly on me. The oudh was definitely the dominant note, and rose quickly to the surface and controlled the dry-down. I was left a slightly sweet, very resinous scent. It reminded me more of a traditional perfume than many pal blends -- but in a good way. It smelled rich and sophisticated. My husband pronounced it "powdery" and didn't care for it, so no bottle for me. But I thought it was quite gorgeous.

Dead leaves with a few green ones thrown in , and just a touch of honey. Honey strengthens as time goes on, but I cant detect any oude, which I find can smell a bit odd at times. haha. I quite like this, we'll see how the rest of the wear goes.

A yr's aging has done wonders for this!

In the bottle: All the notes melding.

Wet: Huge throw, but each note is very present and distinct.

The dry-down:: The 3 notes slowly mix together. At the end is a soft honey tempered by the crisp leaves, with touches of the oudh.

Oudh is hit or miss on me. Here it's hit. At first all I got was honey and dead leaves, which is a pretty killer combination, very earthy, not too sweet, and then the oudh weighed in, doing its warm, sexy, deepening thing without being all dirty diapers. I don't get much throw from this, which is normal for my skin, but I get a kind of rich warm autumn honey, with the leaves and oudh backing it up. Really nice!