Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
claudia6913

Second Spring

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
- Albert Camus

An accolade: drifting leaves tinted in the bold reds of pomegranate and currant, the golds of amber and honey, russet myrrh, a touch of cypress-green, and crisp patchouli-brown.

This is by far my favorite from this update that I've received so far. It is beautiful and morphing, just like Magnificent Autumn. It starts off with a blast of pomegranate and currant. Sweet and red. But then the amber and honey comes out. Moving then into the myrrh, the cypress, and then lastly the patchouli.

I am so enjoying smelling this as it morphs. My husband says it's very nice and subtle. This is one of the few honey scents I can wear where it's not amping like crazy on me, or smelling ... off.

Seems that after it's gone through the stages, it goes back to the amber/honey combo with a touch of myrrh and a hint of patchouli. So beautiful and complex.

I love these scents Beth is making that feel like a journey.

This one is utterly beautiful! So evocative of autumn.

It starts of rather fruity, with the pomegranate and currant being equally prominent, but after a little while a soft smokiness settles in and turns the scent snuggly and somewhat sweet. The patchouli is soft and not overwhelming; just perfect! The honey is not overwhelming either, but just gives a teensy bit of sweetness to the blend.

It reminds me somewhat of Samhain, actually, although this one is not as dark and smoky. It is very autumnal, and if you like Samhain, I would say give this a go, you won't be disappointed!

It stays fairly close to the skin.

In the bottle this reminds me of Devil's Night from last year but without the smoke. Which is good because I happen to love that one.

Wet: Oh no, mens aftershave. That's all I smell!

Drying: Just that clean scent of men's aftershave.

Completely dry: OK this is nice now. It's now a beautiful golden amber but with a hint of patchouli.

I like, but want to see what it's like on the husband before I make up my mind about this one.

I had high hopes for this, but it fell kind of flat on my skin. The current/pomegranate/patchouli ended up smelling a lot like Red Lace (pomegranate, patchouli, raspberry) did. That's all I ended up smelling: red berries with a hint of patchouli. Disappointing, but I can see how it could be beautiful on someone else.

At first this is fruity and rich, almost wine-like, but it goes quite medicinal moments after being applied to my skin -- something like menthol or eucalyptus? Unfortunately it seems to stay that way even once dry. Not the worst, but I don't really love smelling like cough drops.

Like claudia6913 up top, I get a blast of juicy, tart pomegranate and currant, followed by sweet amber and honey. There's cypress and patchouli behind it all, and the myrhh comes out as it dries. This is a really lovely scent that invokes exactly what it says it does: the jewel-toned hues of autumn leaves, crisp and bright, with a hint of sweetness. One of my favorites of the 2015 Weenies so far.

Tart and fruity when wet, backed by patchouli. This actually reminds me a bit of the old version of Mme Moriarty on my skin, with the red fruit + patchouli.

The fruits fade as it dries, leaving mostly patchouli + amber. I don't get much honey, but I also don't get much of the leaves note that tends to go bitter on my skin. I have a feeling this will be a winner for the people who can do the dark red/purple/gold type of scents, but I am not one of those people.

Oh man, I get the most amazing amber + leaves blend, with a touch of black currant. Sadly though, the patchouli adds a little too much dirt to the entire blend. And it becomes really noticeable in the drydown.

BOO :)

Amber, leaves, stinky patchouli.

This starts out sweet, in a light, almost airy way -- so there's the pomegranate and currant. About an hour later I notice now that it has taken on a more golden tone -- amber, there. And I really like it, at that stage. I don't get any patchouli really, or anything terribly earthy, but perhaps this one is just a very slow morpher? It stays -very- close to the skin, but seems to have decent staying power.

Starts out promising, sweet resins and fruit, mostly a warmish amber. Not sure what note could be causing this, but it turns into asweet heady springlike floral. I guess the name is fitting, but this was not what I was hoping the end result would be. Another mishap bottle order.:(

Second Spring is a pomegranate-currant to amber-honey to cypress-patchouli on me, with each note having a moment of prominence before melting into what smells like a currant-amber-pom-patchouli melange. Very evocative of the changing colors!

I like this blend, and it's so rare that pom and red currant work out on me (I find them to be very tart and sour). The honey and myrrh really sweeten the fruits beautifully on my skin, with a warm, resinous amber that doesn't turn to full-on powder on my skin. The patchouli, cypress and leaves swirl together and smell like a mix of green, sappy leaves and spicy dead leaves on my skin. I can pick out most of the listed notes at once, but it's a pretty swirl of fall leaves, red fruit, golden, honeyed resins and slight greenery... and I really like all of the fall colors played out in scent-form.

This starts out as very fruity, but ends up as a sort of fruity/red incense. (I can't distinguish between pomegranate and currant, sorry!) It almost reminds me of Cairo. Usually both patchouli and honey amp on me, but neither is particularly dominant, although the patchouli does lend some spiciness. I like it!

No fruits for me! Amber, patchouli and cypress all the way. Woods go pencil shavings on me and this is just on the borderline of that- but the amber stops it. I haven't smelled the cypress note before but I believe it's at the forefront. This really reminds me of my grandpa (don't worry- he smelled nice!). The visual I'm getting is a walk through a very dry wooded area in late fall. The leaves have nearly all fallen but it's a strangely warm day (amber). Some browned fallen pine needles mixed in. Very November! Sad and happy blended into one.

Mm this is so nice and different. A swirl of many different interpretations of fall, brought together into one autumn-leaves-colored picture. Leaves in perfume notes always scare me - which way will they go? realistic crunch or aggressive cologne? - but in Second Spring, they lean towards the former, and I don't get the typical Dead Leaves scratch in my sinuses. There are indeed tones of green and brown in here from the woods (laurel?) and patchouli, a bit like Samhain but blended in a more outdoorsy way here. This definitely has big Fall vibes!

When I first pulled this bottle out of my collection and smelled blindly, not remembering the exact notes, my brain offered up "spiced black cherry?" So clearly, that is the direction the pomegranate/red currant heads these days, and I love it. If you're used to pomegranate going really sweet and poofy, here it is dark, a little tart, and a lot spiced. Similarly, all the other dark notes around the red currant ground it definitively in a "red fruits of fall" setting, and not a wintery vibe as was popular a few years ago.

I don't specifically get myrrh, but the russet note is always very beautiful from the Lab, and this is no exception. Hard to pinpoint what it is, but the feeling it evokes is a glowing red-brown-gold like sunlight shining through a brittle reddened leaf. It plays beautifully with the fancy amber and the drop of honeyed sweetness.

If you enjoy Samhain but are looking for something a bit different this year, a bit more "landscape of leaf colors in fall", this is a gorgeous scent and well worth acquiring.

I would wear this while: road-tripping up to see fall leaves, get myself hyped!