Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake

Because this is all that I've wanted out of life for months.

In The Bottle: Oh. Holy. Cupcakes. Spiced, delicious cupcakes.
Wet On Skin: have you ever had fresh, moist spice cake? Because THAT'S THIS. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

Dry Down: :pant, pant: Okay. I'm more rational now. This is just exquisite. This is a pumpkin scent for people that fear pumpkin scents. This is mostly a moist, delicious spice cake, with a little yummy bit of pumpkin peeking out of the background. It's glorious.

In All: I anticipate this will be very popular.

In the bottle: Hmm....at first sniff, I get a buttery, vegetable-like pumpkin. Hope it doesn't stay that way!!

On Skin: Get more of the spice coming out... still a hint of butter....could be the cream cheese, but not as sweet as you would think. Still get a bit of the vegetabl-y pumpkin out of this.

Dry Down: It gets a bit spicier...not a burning spice, but a nice baking spice. I don't get "cake" out of this yet, but I do get the spice scent IN a spice cake. Still the hint of buttery, vegetable-like pumpkin, but not as strong on as it was sniffing it. Low throw surprisingly.....stays close, but a nice scent. Wish it was a hair stronger and less buttery, but that is the way of BPAL! ;)

In the bottle: I get more cheesecake than cupcake. The carrot note from the Trading Post's Pumpkin Cheesecake bath oil is present. This is more carrot-y than pumpkin-y to my nose.

Wet: I'm definitely getting more carrot than pumpkin. I feel like this is more like a carrot cheesecake cupcake than a pumpkin one at the moment. The cheesecake part of it is stronger than the cake-y bit. The cake and spice notes are coming out more the longer this sits on my skin. As the scent begins to dry down, I start getting a syrupy pumpkin note.

Dry: Sweet cheesecake cupcakes.

Verdict: I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I don't dislike it, but I just can't see myself reaching for this over some of the other pumpkin or cake scents that I own. I'll let it settle some more and retest it, but I will probably end up putting this one up for swap.

*edit* After settling for over a week, this scent is more pumpkin-y than carrot-y. At first, it's kind of a fleshy pumpkin, and then more syrupy. It really does smell like a moist pumpkin spice cupcake with chunks of cheesecake in it (or a cream cheese frosting). But it is still not a love for me.

Edited by dementia_divine

The cheesecake part is noticeable as well as the cupcake sweetness. As for the pumpkin it comes across as pumpkin spice and it calls to the foodie lovers. Also Anyone who enjoyed Beaver Versary this is a less sweet pumpkin spice fall version of the cheesecake cupcake goodness. I received many compliments while wearing this and it last a long time on the skin.

This does not disappoint. I love anything "cake" so of course I had to have it.

It's really well blended, I can't pick out a separate cake note vs. frosting. It really smells like the whole cupcake together. To me, pumpkin baked goods never smell much of pumpkin, they smell of the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger) that we put in pumpkin baking. So this smells like that to me. Like a cupcake, spiced with pumpkin pie spices. It's glorious, and I will be slathering myself in it all fall! (So glad I also ordered the Bath Oil in this scent from the Post!)

I had been hoping that this would smell like the cheesecake cupcake in Beaver'Versary, but it does not. The cream goes instantly rancid on my skin and while 75% of creamy blends do the same thing, I have to wonder if it's the pumpkin note and much less the cupcake note that's doing it. I remember the same meaty smell (or rather, reread my reviews of pumpkin blends from NYCC last year) that did the same thing to me.

I tried a little in my scent locket and while it's better than what my skin does to it, I just didn't like it enough to keep it and traded it away the next day.

This is like a Beaver Moon scent attending a Halloween party in a pumpkin patch.

I do not know how Beth gets her cheesecake note so perfect, but she nails it and with this blend, she's knocked it out of the park. We've got moist cupcake (how does one make a scent 'moist'?? I don't know, but this is), we've got cheesecake and we've got spicy pumpkin YES with a hint of carrot cake. It's creamy, it's warming, it's mouth-wateringly yummy.

I am a real sucker for foodie scents and this has got to be one of the best. It really is fantastic and so perfect for this time of year. This would be good even for people who have tried pumpkin scents and not liked them all that much. The pumpkin is there, but it takes a back seat to the cheesecake and the spices and the cup-cakey awesomeness.

Looks like I'll be ordering the bath oil to go with this when payday lands. Hey-ho, let's go!

I love foody scents to bits, but they so often turn to ash on my skin. I keep buying them, though, in the hopes that they end up fitting into that magic 5% of oils that work on me. To my delight, this is a pure winner! It starts off as unbaked or slightly underdone pumpkin pie - soft and delicate pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, and just enough cinnamon and nutmeg to give it a delicious accent. It fades pretty quick, but it dries down to a warm, but subtle, moist pumpkin cupcake. It reminds me a little of my gingerbread cupcake recipe with less spice. Warm, sweet, soft, and eminently wearable. I am full of pumpkin loves.

Out of my teeny lil' Weenie order, this one was the one I was bursting a gasket to sniff first. Sniffing it straight from the bottle, it's all extremely sweet and creamy pumpkin. I don't know how Beth does it, but it really does smell like a pumpkin cheesecake! Completely yummy :yum: Once on the skin, and on the drydown, I get the dreaded hint of play dough for about 30 seconds until it vanishes (thank the lord!) and the creamy pumpkin cheesecake comes back to the front, this time with the added spices. It truly is what it says on the tin, if you are a foodie and into pumpkin even just a little bit, you will need this! For a long time, Pumpkin V from 2012 has been my all-time favourite pumpkin blend and even though I don't think this has surpassed it for me, I am still very glad I got a bottle. Yum!

Pumpkin cheesecake, with a hint of dough. It gets oddly floral on my skin though in the drydown. I don't know what it is. Spice, pumpkin, cheese and flowers. Which makes an odd mix.

FAIL skin chemistry. You fail so hard.

Oh boy, Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake smells just like one...almost like carrot cake, as mentioned above. It makes me want dessert...badly. On the drydown, it's pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting. :yum: I'm one of the lucky ones for whom the cream note stays pretty true, and this is just delectable.

So foodie!

In the bottle, it's cream cheesy pumpkin goodness. I was sold on first sniff. I liked Frosted Pumpkin Spiced Cookies, but this smelled so much creamier and less in your face spice.

Wet, I can smell the crust of the cheesecake. This is like smelling cupcakes when you first pull them out of the oven. I'm not getting much cream though...

I can smell.. apples?? There's something fruity coming out as it dries more. No cream at all, though. Sad panda ): It still smells great, but I wish it would have stayed the same as it was in the bottle! How could you do this to me, skin chemistry.

Edited by shibagast

so sad, was all excited about this one but it just smells like apple cider with a bit of pumpkin. no cream at all.

edit- its a decent smell, just not what i was hoping for.

Edited by creepy

So every year, despite knowing that pumpkin = hot buttered fail on my skin, I try one pumpkin scent because it sounds SO GOOD that surely maybe it will be the exception and I can find my one true pumpkin scent and ride off happily into the sunset with it. Normally these are epic failures and I vow to not delude myself again next year.

This was the one I picked this year.

And, surprisingly, it is not terrible! I agree somewhat with the reviews that mention carrot cake, I don't actually get that much pumpkin out of this, more like a carrot cake cupcake with thick cream cheese icing. The cream cheese icing/cheesecake note is definitely reminiscent of the Beaver Moon family, which is a good thing in my book.

This is the least fail a pumpkin scent has ever been on me! I'm not in love with it, but it's a nice foody scent. Although I have three versions of Beaver Moon with a similar vibe, I'm definitely keeping the decant.

Mmmmm this one makes me hungry! Super rich and creamy, it smells exactly how I imagine a pumpkin cheesecake cupcake would smell! The cheesecake note is most prominent followed by the pumpkin and spice. It's also not as sweet as I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing. Sadly it doesn't seem last very long on my skin, but the die down of the scent still smells quite nice!

This has a nice, spicy and creamy scent -- solid enough that I can see 'cheesecake' in it. It actually reminds me a little bit of the pumpkin cheesecake my sister makes for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately my skin eats it and it wears off very quickly.

This smells like cream cheese swirled pumpkin bread with a dusting of cinnamon and powdered sugar on top. I love the cheesecake part of it, and wish that my skin didn't amp up cinnamon so much. I'm surprised at the reviews saying this faded quickly, because it's really strong and long lasting on my skin (then again, my skin latches on to spices). Creamy, vanilla-y cheesecake, cinnamon, and cakey goodness.

In the bottle: holy crap, this smells exactly like its name, I can smell the spicy cinnamon and pumpkin, with the cheesy creaminess of the cheesecake. Then I get hints of a vanilla-ish cakey scent. This is heaven in a bottle! I opened it and my boyfriend came running because he thought I was baking.

Wet: It goes on the same as in the bottle, I still get all the creamy pumpkin goodness. Although I have to say that this scent has a very pleasing pumpkin, a foodie baked good scent.

Dry Down: Holy bananas this is amazing. The pumpkin and creamy cheesecake take a backseat once this drys. The scent on me is all spicy cake and buttery sweetness. It kinda smells like I took a nap in the bin of cinnamon pine cones in craft stores around Christmas. I love this so much! I need more for sure.

This starts out with the pumpkin cream note of last year's lovely Pumpkin 1, which is a personal favorite. It unfortunately starts to turn craft -store apple cinnamon in the dry-down, and I amp cinnamon, especially a red-hots or dry cinnamon stick note like crazy, no that's where it goes. Sad face.

In the decant: Smells almost... eggnogy? Spice and a creamy richness.

On my skin: At first, this smells almost like an orange. I'm not really getting much pumpkin here. After a minute or two it starts to smell like movie theater popcorn butter.

The popcorn butter doesn't last too long, thankfully, but after that fades I'm left with spices, but the sort of dusty-dry spices that have an edge of staleness to my nose.

Unfortunately, this just isn't really working on me.

After a while (about 30+ minutes?) the elements of this scent finally start to come together, and it starts to smell like a yummy spice cake. But there are other foodie scents (like this year's Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie) that work better with my chemistry and smell like they should out of the gate, so I won't be upgrading my decant.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I have developed an appreciation of sweet foody scents through some of the Trading Post products. I was more interested in Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie, but that one sold out and didn't come back by the time I was ready to place my Weenie/Yule order. So we'll try this one.

In the Bottle: Very sweet, very buttery, very pumpkin, lightly spicy.

Wet: Very cheesecake with a hint of spice. I'm not getting much pumpkin or cake at the moment.

Drydown: Okay, I think this is the spices emerging, but Houston, we have a problem. Something smells burnt. It's not at all pleasant. I don't think I've ever experienced this problem before ever.

Verdict: I'm going to give it one more try in a few days, just in case something's off with my skin or nose. But if that sense of burned-beyond-rescue cake persists, this will need to find a better home than mine.

This smells good enough to eat! It's sweet, creamy and cake-y. To my nose it's the same cake note as in Jack and Eat Me, plus a hint of pumpkin. (I know cake isn't listed in the notes of Jack, but on me it's cake cake cake.) The dry stage is much the same, creamy and delicious, with the addition of BPAL's signature creamy-honey-milky note that gives me the distinct impression of a drop of pale, clear honey just about to drip off a spoon. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake is lovely, but Jack is an easy GC dupe, maybe mixed with a bit of Dana O'Shee.

This is sweet, creamy, spicy pumpkin cake! I'm not getting any of the burnt edge people talk about above at all.